Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

10 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Jon, I have no idea how to explain this for a third time, that makes any more sense than before.

August-Because we are comparing teams and our team was not in place until it was out

September- For rhe end of the bad run because that carried on one more game when the squad was in place.

I never moved any goalposts.  We had a discussion about one thing and then a different thing.  You conflated the two and then made that my responsibility. 

If that doesn't make sense then best we leave it mate.

You do know a football season runs from August until May, right? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Jon, I have no idea how to explain this for a third time, that makes any more sense than before.

August-Because we are comparing teams and our team was not in place until it was out

September- For rhe end of the bad run because that carried on one more game when the squad was in place.

I never moved any goalposts.  We had a discussion about one thing and then a different thing.  You conflated the two and then made that my responsibility. 

For my sanity at least I hope that's the end of it lol. Your point makes total sense, Although it's worth noting we signed one winger on 30th July and the other right at the end of August. We mainly got through August through sheer ability on the pitch. 

There's not a great deal of difference between us. I'd say first XIs we edge it, but in terms of squad depth, especially attacking options you definitely have the edge. Whether you include August or not, we're 6 points apart which is nothing really at this stage. It's quite clear there's not a great deal of difference between us.

We're a horribly unbalanced squad atm. Having 4 strikers and 2/3 wingers in the squad when we play 1 striker and 2 wingers isn't ideal.

Unless Ipswich and Southampton find a way to plug their defence's, it's hard to see past the two of us now. However, all it takes is the form book to flip for a few weeks and all of sudden, everyone in back in the mix.

• Haha 1

The season started game week 1

The season ends game week 46

The table just states fact not supposition.

You got 6 points off us fair play 

We can whinge about decisions

But you still have the 6 points.

Your argument about when you had a team is like Forest's claim that if they had sold Brennan Johnson before the account deadline they would have met fair play.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

At the end of the day. You can try and miss out certain months but the table dosen't lie.

We are six points ahead. Comparing just for certain months is arbitrary and no one really cares.

We should have been out of sight on Friday and although  we gave you a lesson for 80mins In how to play football you gave us a 10 min lesson in how to put the ball in the net albeit with a few fortunate deflections.

We'll both be up there come end of season and more than likely both Leicester and Leeds will go up automatically.

However to come on an opponent forum and start to give it the billy big ones you really just making yourself look rather silly 

As long as your team whether Leicester or in you case Leeds gets promoted automatically and avoid the lottery of the playoffs it really doesn't matter.

24 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

OK so if we ignore August it’s 67 points for Leeds vs 64 for Leicester. 

(even though Leeds have equivalent 4 game runs with their assembled squad vs Leicester’s assembled squad with worse points returns…) 

if we ignore August + the first game of September it’s 66 vs 66 points 

and if we use the whole season it’s 72 vs 78 points

so, what was the core of your argument again? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

For my sanity at least I hope that's the end of it lol. Your point makes total sense, Although it's worth noting we signed one winger on 30th July and the other right at the end of August. We mainly got through August through sheer ability on the pitch. 

There's not a great deal of difference between us. I'd say first XIs we edge it, but in terms of squad depth, especially attacking options you definitely have the edge. Whether you include August or not, we're 6 points apart which is nothing really at this stage. It's quite clear there's not a great deal of difference between us.

We're a horribly unbalanced squad atm. Having 4 strikers and 2/3 wingers in the squad when we play 1 striker and 2 wingers isn't ideal.

Unless Ipswich and Southampton find a way to plug their defence's, it's hard to see past the two of us now. However, all it takes is the form book to flip for a few weeks and all of sudden, everyone in back in the mix.

To move this on.....thank God :D  I reckon that's fair and possibly even demonstrated on Friday.  Your first 11 ran the game for long periods, our better depth changed it when we brought 3 quality subs on.  Balanced out, we're very closely matched.

What would really mess with our heads is if we both end up finishing behind Ipswich lol

• Haha 1

@Pub breath let’s say we both get promoted next season….will it matter in the slightest?

As guess what, whether it’s Leeds or Leicester, we’ll both be down the bottom end fighting for survival.

This conversation was the same for us beating Reading’s record, I couldn’t care less.

Look at Reading now, a terribly run club 16th in League One who lost at home to Shrewsbury this weekend.

I’m sure they’d trade places with someone like Brighton who didn’t even win the Championship.

2 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

@Pub breath let’s say we both get promoted next season….will it matter in the slightest?

As guess what, whether it’s Leeds or Leicester, we’ll both be down the bottom end fighting for survival.

This conversation was the same for us beating Reading’s record, I couldn’t care less.

Look at Reading now, a terribly run club 16th in League One who lost at home to Shrewsbury this weekend.

I’m sure they’d trade places with someone like Brighton who didn’t even win the Championship.

Mate, genuinely not bothered either. I made a point that I didn't think was too out there and then had a zillion responses to reply to, so ends up looking like I care a lot more than I actually do.

Don't see anything other than a relegation battle for us both if/when we go up.  One of the things I said to another poster on here a few weeks ago was that I'm not even sure I want PL football.  That hasn't changed.

This season has been absolutely bloody brilliant.  Loved it.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Lionator said:

We’d have beaten Leeds in both games had Wilfred N’didi played in them. Given our record with or without him, I don’t think that’s a controversial statement. 

Definitely, well we’d have not lost both. We’d have a lot more of the points we have lost if Wilf could stay fit for longer than a few games at a time!

On 24/02/2024 at 08:50, TheStig said:

Even the Messiah had his critics back then..... I think its fair to point out obvious errors that seem to repeat themselves. 

* we seem to concede a lot of goals at the end of the match

* we miss an abundance of chances to score and put the games to bed

* apart from Southampton we haven´t beaten any of our closest competitors

If these issues are not the responsibility of the manager then what is?

I am full of admiration for what he has done here, but our big lead has been thrown away and we seem to rest on the laurels a little, so excuse me for not following your Messiah view here.

He hasn't thrown away our "big lead" his players have help reduce our lead after some glaring misses over two games.

Would you rather we started poorly and found form and bit like Southampton. how are now 11 points behind us or maybe you want to be like Leeds who are 6 points behind us? Maybe we should blame Maresca for starting so well and he should have lost more games early, the cheeky numpty won too many games?

Anyone would think we were 10 points behind the leaders.

BTW is it Marescas fault for his team missing so many chances?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sbfox said:

You do know a football season runs from August until May, right? 

Reminds me of that season Micky Adams old timers couldn't keep a lead in the last 15 minutes and we kept hearing stats about if every game lasted 75 minutes we'd be in Europe. 

On 24/02/2024 at 00:39, foxes_rule1978 said:

I swear they get a kick from when we lose or things go badly. I would imagine every fanbase has them though 

Why would you think this? one of the most strange posts I have ever read.

Thinking something will happen if its based on emotions (what you want) then its an emotional prediction, if people want to predict a perfect end to something because of well emotions, belief that sort of thing thats fine.  But just because someone might think its not going to be a rosy ending it doesnt mean they want it, I just find your comment so odd.  Dont get offended if someone is not confident, its an opinion, you dont have to agree with it.

32 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

You realise we conceded 3 right?

Why do Leeds score three in that scenario? Completely different. We score the second it's game over.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Why do Leeds score three in that scenario? Completely different. We score the second it's game over.

4 would have killed the game, 3 possibly, but not 2.  A second may have made us sat back earlier and invited attacks right away.  Who knows, but to say that miss decided the game? it wasnt in the 95th minute.

17 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Do Leeds fans ever talk to Leeds fans about Leeds after Leeds win? On a Leeds forum? Or is it just the rest of the world that has to suffer as we get lectured too without respite about why Leeds are so brilliant. What do you all actually want? Are you expecting us all to wax lyrical about the mighty Leeds and say you were the bestest team we ever played, and had the noisest, most passionate fanbase, and it was a privelidge to see Farke's galacticos scoring the most incredible double deflection goal the world has ever seen outside of Portman Road. If you are expecting everyone else to like and respect Leeds, well that's not going to happen - mainly because your fanbase is so insufferable.

Why are they all here? Why are they all over the comment sections of the Youtube videos? Newspaper match report comment sections would be understandable. The EFL's highlights would be understandable. The LCFC highlights is slightly less understandable. But they are all over the Enzo Maresca post match interview, on the LCFC channel. Who does that? Who watches opposition manager post match interview videos and comments on them, 5 minutes after they are uploaded?

-

You do realise we didn't see a single Middlesborough fan here after that game, when we lost. You don't even get Liverpool and Man Utd fans giving it the biggun on here, and they are the worst glory hunting plastics on the planet. What happened in Leeds to make you all like this? Don't you all think it's a bit weird?

What did you all do before the internet? Go around knocking on doors like Jehovah's witnesses -

"Excuse me, do you have a minute to talk about Leeds United?"

"No, actually, I don't really follow football..."

"So, anyway, we definitely would have beaten your lot, whoever they were, when we played them if it weren't for that crooked ref, just like that one when we were in Eurpoe back in 1756, and he got struck off afterwards, so really, if you think about it, we are the champions of Eurpoe, anyway, anyway, as I was saying, this is why Lee Bowyer shoud be winning that Ballon D'or, and can you stop trying to shut that front door on mi foot, I've just got to get out me alternate league table to show you why we are actualy top"

This is awesome! Well played 😂😂

• Like 1