Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

20 hours ago, Pub breath said:

Fine.  As long as you believe that if Leeds had brought in Farke at the same time as you brought in Meresca and the ownership change hadn't resulted in our business being a car crash and at the end rather than the start of the window, the table would still look the same as it does now....then fine.  You're right, in your own mind.

I don't believe that and nor do many other people in football.  The affect it had has been spoken about by every pundit and columnist that covers the league   They all agree that it screwed our start up.  As would you without your blue tinted glasses :)

The one thing I can guarantee is, if the situation was reversed, you'd be making the EXACT same argument.

As long as you believe mate, nobody can take your truth away from you.  Just make sure you keep the specs on at all times ;)

Frake plays a dated 4231 system whereas Maresca is doing the inverted full back thing. Enzo’s system is a lot more complicated but it’s largely paid off. We should have won that game comfortably had we finished our chances but we didn’t. We should have dealt with the pressure better when we went 1-1 but we didn’t.

Enzo has probably needed more time to embed this system than a largely tried and tested system Farke plays.

• Like 1

Friday's loss has reintroduced jeopardy into our season. If we hadn't collapsed at the end, we'd now be looking at the rest of the season with an air of serenity, knowing that winning six of our remaining twelve games would very likely be enough. The transfer section would start livening up again as we looked forward to next season.

As it is, every game (for the time being at least) is now a cup final. The fans will be up for it - I doubt anybody will be moaning much about the atmosphere at the KP over the next few months. Surely the players will be too. Personally I'm expecting QPR to feel the backlash of our frustration about Friday - I think we'll put in a hell of a performance and beat them comfortably. And I think we'll carry on in the same vein after that until the job is done.

Leeds, Ipswich and Southampton can fight among themselves for the other automatic spot. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 4

On 23/02/2024 at 22:01, Bert said:

Most of you lot expected us to lose, so I’m not sure why this is coming as much of a shock to you. 

We’ll still be fine, we’ll still go up as champions, a late capitulation in a game we dominated for 80 minutes shouldn’t let that cloud your judgment. 

Expected? They were praying for us to lose just so they could bitch about the tactics and Daka. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Do Leeds fans ever talk to Leeds fans about Leeds after Leeds win? On a Leeds forum? Or is it just the rest of the world that has to suffer as we get lectured too without respite about why Leeds are so brilliant. What do you all actually want? Are you expecting us all to wax lyrical about the mighty Leeds and say you were the bestest team we ever played, and had the noisest, most passionate fanbase, and it was a privelidge to see Farke's galacticos scoring the most incredible double deflection goal the world has ever seen outside of Portman Road. If you are expecting everyone else to like and respect Leeds, well that's not going to happen - mainly because your fanbase is so insufferable.

Why are they all here? Why are they all over the comment sections of the Youtube videos? Newspaper match report comment sections would be understandable. The EFL's highlights would be understandable. The LCFC highlights is slightly less understandable. But they are all over the Enzo Maresca post match interview, on the LCFC channel. Who does that? Who watches opposition manager post match interview videos and comments on them, 5 minutes after they are uploaded?

-

You do realise we didn't see a single Middlesborough fan here after that game, when we lost. You don't even get Liverpool and Man Utd fans giving it the biggun on here, and they are the worst glory hunting plastics on the planet. What happened in Leeds to make you all like this? Don't you all think it's a bit weird?

What did you all do before the internet? Go around knocking on doors like Jehovah's witnesses -

"Excuse me, do you have a minute to talk about Leeds United?"

"No, actually, I don't really follow football..."

"So, anyway, we definitely would have beaten your lot, whoever they were, when we played them if it weren't for that crooked ref, just like that one when we were in Eurpoe back in 1756, and he got struck off afterwards, so really, if you think about it, we are the champions of Eurpoe, anyway, anyway, as I was saying, this is why Lee Bowyer shoud be winning that Ballon D'or, and can you stop trying to shut that front door on mi foot, I've just got to get out me alternate league table to show you why we are actualy top"

This is perfect.

Leeds fans would’ve wrote more.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Do Leeds fans ever talk to Leeds fans about Leeds after Leeds win? On a Leeds forum? Or is it just the rest of the world that has to suffer as we get lectured too without respite about why Leeds are so brilliant. What do you all actually want? Are you expecting us all to wax lyrical about the mighty Leeds and say you were the bestest team we ever played, and had the noisest, most passionate fanbase, and it was a privelidge to see Farke's galacticos scoring the most incredible double deflection goal the world has ever seen outside of Portman Road. If you are expecting everyone else to like and respect Leeds, well that's not going to happen - mainly because your fanbase is so insufferable.

Why are they all here? Why are they all over the comment sections of the Youtube videos? Newspaper match report comment sections would be understandable. The EFL's highlights would be understandable. The LCFC highlights is slightly less understandable. But they are all over the Enzo Maresca post match interview, on the LCFC channel. Who does that? Who watches opposition manager post match interview videos and comments on them, 5 minutes after they are uploaded?

-

You do realise we didn't see a single Middlesborough fan here after that game, when we lost. You don't even get Liverpool and Man Utd fans giving it the biggun on here, and they are the worst glory hunting plastics on the planet. What happened in Leeds to make you all like this? Don't you all think it's a bit weird?

What did you all do before the internet? Go around knocking on doors like Jehovah's witnesses -

"Excuse me, do you have a minute to talk about Leeds United?"

"No, actually, I don't really follow football..."

"So, anyway, we definitely would have beaten your lot, whoever they were, when we played them if it weren't for that crooked ref, just like that one when we were in Eurpoe back in 1756, and he got struck off afterwards, so really, if you think about it, we are the champions of Eurpoe, anyway, anyway, as I was saying, this is why Lee Bowyer shoud be winning that Ballon D'or, and can you stop trying to shut that front door on mi foot, I've just got to get out me alternate league table to show you why we are actualy top"

That is funny and, to be serious, does have truth. In my experience it's not the preserve of LUFC but more a Yorkshire mentality. They want to bang on and on to anyone that will listen about how great the county is. It's got some loverly countryside and towns in the north but please, give us a bloody break. It's not 'God's own' anymore than any other county in England. And, whilst we're at it, get a proper flag. The White Rose doesn't belong to Yorkshire - it's a modern attempt to disguise history to create an identity. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

1992 isn’t the modern era ?  Pee off mate 😄

Isn't the modern era when the league structure changed with the creation of the Premier League? 

More relevant are the famous 5 that have won all 3 major English domestic trophies this century. 

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Isn't the modern era when the league structure changed with the creation of the Premier League? 

More relevant are the famous 5 that have won all 3 major English domestic trophies this century. 

Saying that only post PL starting is modern era makes me feel ancient 

I’d  say 1984 onwards is the modern era -  within 40 years  (and it takes forest’s euro cups out of the equation😀

14 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Reminds me of that season Micky Adams old timers couldn't keep a lead in the last 15 minutes and we kept hearing stats about if every game lasted 75 minutes we'd be in Europe. 

Saw a comment from a F***t fan on another forum saying if they didn't concede so many goals they'd be pushing for Europe. 

lollollol

• Haha 1

One of the funny things is where people say hyped-up nonsense, and actually believe it ... rather than just being slightly ironic.    When I call Leicester "the sporting capital of the world", I am half joking (even though our football, cricket, Rugby Union teams have done very well).

But when you hear folk seriously believing Yorkshire is God's wonderful county, or Sheffield Wednesday fans who really think their club is MASSIVE, or Forest clowns who actually think the City Ground is world famous ... you've got to laugh.     It's pathetic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

Nearly up to 50 pages.

Come on lads.  We can do it!

i thought Leeds united were the better team throughout and deserved the 3 points.

In fact i would give them an additional point for doing the double over us...

That should do it!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Raj said:

i thought Leeds united were the better team throughout and deserved the 3 points.

In fact i would give them an additional point for doing the double over us...

That should do it!!

Yes I’ll 2nd you on this. 
Even though Leeds media and some fans do push their Super Yorkshire pure blood a bit, they the team allowed themselves to drug themselves up on the crowd atmosphere & Faarke mystic….We should call in crowd doping control administration…They are having an unfair effect..

That no honest FT fan .would ever abuse….we are proud miserable so n so’s. :ill:

Edited by fuchsntf

5 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Ethan Ampadu - 19th July
Joe Rodon - 10th August

Joel Piroe - 22nd August

Gruev - 31st August

Kamara - 31st August

Cannon - 1st September 

Fatawu - 31st August

Casadei - 15th August

Akgun - 26th August

Mavididi - 31st July

Yes we got Winks and in early but even Hermansen (18th July) is only a day before Ampadu.

You'd think we had ours all in at the start of July and all theirs were on deadline day reading the posts!

Yet more problems for @Pub breath's argument...:whistle:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Yet more problems for @Pub breath's argument...:whistle:

That wasn’t even designed to catch him out. I just looked out of interest and I was genuinely surprised as I was expecting to see a string of deadline day signings but the spread of timings is very similar for both sides really.

Edit, also I did ask what the injuries they had during the games with us were as that was mentioned. Again, out of interest, not to catch him out as I thought both times they looked full strength but that wasn’t answered. 

Edited by LCFCJohn