Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

As per total bottle jobs.

You just knew it was coming the amount of chances we squandered, yes the ref was shit and yes we should have had that goal allowed BUT if you cant finish clear cut chances what do you expect.

If we bottle the top 2 then who ever we get in the play offs will be loving it.

Just now, dayday said:

We take our chances we win simples 

No 

We defend well and we win simples.

Went down hill from the 1st goal McAteer at fault. Litterally contributed nothing in any game he has played post injury.

However he is a valuable player for the opposition 

• Like 1

We could have won if we took our chances and Daka’s goal was not ruled out for offside wrongly.

But we only have ourselves to blame. Not the first time this season our mentality switched to trying to hold on to a 1-0 lead instead of maintaining our way of play and attack. We invited pressure and more importantly we became weak in mentality. This is on Maresca.

Look at Leeds. They took the lead and did not just defend. They had the ball near the corner flag a few times more and they still delivered it into the box. We would have run to the corner flag. And guess what, they scored again. We would have passed all the way back to the keeper only for him to hoof it up.

Rodgers in disguise. 

Dont mind us losing but not happy at the way we lost and our poor mentality.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

Sky get what they wanted. 

On a serious note that was seriously bad. 

Pawson made some poor decisions, VAR wasn’t available so we can’t blame that.

What we can say is at 1-0 we had CLEAR chances to bury the game and didn’t.

Mavididi, Daka and Fatawu all disgraceful tonight, some absolutely dreadful misses that would have sealed the points. 

We’re our own worst enemy, we lost this game today. Leeds weren’t that great, but you knew if they got one back it would be game over, and they would eventually win. 

It’a a honking result, we’ve been getting carried away talking about record points and being the “outstanding team” in the division. Yet, we’ve failed to over come our closest competition, dropping points against Ipswich and Leeds. 

It’s not a champions mentality.

Im certain we won’t win the league, but we’ve sure as hell got to spurt ourselves out and make sure we finish second, we can’t afford to drop into the play offs. 

Deeply sickening and disappointing day. But somehow one I felt in my gut was coming. 

Our only hope is this doesn’t kill the lads confidence and completely derail us.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 4

The ones from last season who remain are part of the problem. How do you keep just giving up like that. They are part of the problem - it’s ingrained in them. I hate how we are just that weak minded team. 

and Patson Daka with another horrendous miss. ****ING COWARD. 

**** these lot tonight. That’s really REALLY pissed me off. Forget the result it’s the way they just collapse. 

Getting to the point where we need to think about cancelling the contracts of any players who played under Brendan Rodgers.

Our application and mentality when we feel pressure is the worst you'll ever see.

As for Daka and Mavididi, I stand by what I said in the match thread, drop them for a month.  Totally ****ing unacceptable.  

For me I think it's a coin toss for whether we go up.  Are people really confident we have the mental fortitude to get this done?  Remember when we said we'd be fine in 20 & 21.  That we'd be too good to go down in 23?

Talk about bad officiating and bad luck with the deflections but ultimately complacency and lack of quality up front cost us the game there.

Fatawu, Mavididi, Daka, McAteer

They're not going to be good enough  if/when we go up. I hope Rudkin is paying attention to this. Give Enzo whoever he needs. 

• Like 1

Bad subs and stopped trying - Daka embarrassing miss, tries to be clever when he should have blasted it - crap officiating and sadly crap game management by Maresca again - amazing play apart from sitters missed for 75 mins but utter garbage after we conceded - will be tight now as we have at least three or four more defeats in us as the league heats up - big day out at Wembley anyone?

Sounds pathetic but genuinely angry after that, script was written when Mavididi hit the corner flag when one-on-one. Officials didn't help by chalking off that goal but it doesn't half feel like we're our own worst enemy.

Be easier to take if it was an even game but we were genuinely fantastic (finishing aside) for over an hour. We are seemingly desperate for more quality on the wings when one of Stephy / Fatawu gets hooked.

I ****ing hope leeds miss out on automatic promotion.... I really really do. Not worried but no way should we have lost that, should have been 2-0 before they scored.... I still believe we will be fine. Need to take our chances though. Crap record against the top teams, lost twice to Leeds and drew twice with Ipswich, yes we beat Southampton but they were shit at the start of the season and will be a different beast this time around still think we will do it though just so passed off!!!!!

• Like 1

The worst part about it is we played them off the park up to 70 mins and should've been out of sight by then. I'm more mad about the missed chances from Daka and Mav than the disallowed goal as I think a lot would've called that offside at first

• Like 2

Just now, Riot Van said:

Are you dense? We were unbelievable in the second half and the game should have been out of sight.

This is down to nothing but being unlucky - I don't care what anyone says.

Vestergard, KDH and Ricardo were absolutely phenomenal. If we play like that for the rest of the season we will win the league comfortably.

Until the equaliser, FFS

1 minute ago, indierich06 said:

Should have been 4-0 before they even scored, and honestly before the last 20 mins would have put it down as one of the performances of the season. Two very bad results in games we dominated, let's move on. 

In a results business how long can anyone keep saying that though?

Under Adams in the PL…that was our reality and got relegated.

The defending for the first two goals was Sunday League, the finishing was even worse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W7Fox said:

Genuinely embarrassed. 

1 minute ago, Winstonthedog said:

Until we learn to finish teams off .... they always have a chance .... at our cost yet again ... the lone strike policy doesn't always work ..  

Maybe we just need better officials?

Coventry all over again but without the sending off. Played well in the first half but bottled it second half and conceded goals in the last ten minutes yet again.Automatic promotion seems a dream because when the pressure is on we fall apart and God help us in the playoffs because this team won't cope with having to get a result when needed against a top six team.