Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

Gap down to 6 points. This side will fold under pressure now. Playoffs beckon.

This. This side has been soft as a grape the past few seasons. Leeds kept the pressure on and they folded - and not for the first time this season. That has me more worried than the loss itself.

Remember that miss from Daka whenever any future discussion comes up about keeping him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Get that idiot out. He’s got the best championship squad in history and he’s making it look difficult. There’s not a decent team in this division and he’s completely in capable of beating anyone in the top 6. Just embarrassing. It’s like watching us last season, players clearly too confident, thinking they’re better than they are. Just fed up now. 

Are....you suggesting we sack Enzo?

First ten minutes and the last ten minutes were all that Leeds were in it. We controlled the rest of the game. 

Poor finishing has cost us, and vvanky officials. 

We go again, go on another unbeaten run, go past Bournemouth on Tuesday and all will be well again. 

• Like 1

Fek me. For the first time i am convinced the officials have something against us. Gnoto cluttering us time after time, Ricardo's yellow card for winning the ball, and a completely fine goal disallowed. Then after doing very little they get lucky lucky lucky.

Dust down, move on and beat everyone else. Much the better team. Lucky lucky Leeds.

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

This reminded me of how we played in the prem.  Play well for periods and then we have brain farts and lose.

Typical, we dont take our chances, so wasteful. 

Weak soft core is still there! Needs eradicating 

We are an exceptional team with a resilience problem. Lacking the composure to take the big chances and crumbling when put under pressure at the end of matches.

We were superb tonight for 80 minutes but it’s another match to add to the pile of matches that we’ve thrown away.

Just now, ChrisFilter said:

Some proper bobbins being talked in this thread. 

We absolutely should have buried that. Several guilt-edged chances and Daka not the only guilty party. 

We were superb for large parts of the game so all this hyperbole and comparisons with Brendan Rodgers are ridiculous. Calm the **** down. 

No, this has happened so many times this season. Once or twice okay, but it happens a lot.

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

You are not a supporter and you don’t understand football. 

Based on what? Because you dont like an opinion backed up by the fact they have crumbled against any kind of atmosphere theyve played in? 😂 How many lates goals conceded in big games this year is it now? Ipswich 2, Cov 3, Leeds 3?

Edited by South Shire Fox

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Really and I mean fucking really enjoyed that game.

That was until like as every Leicester City side capitulated in the last 10 minutes.

It was mostly pretty good but as time went on and the 2nd goal didn’t come you knew what was coming 

Edited by Lcfc82

1 minute ago, EnglishOxide said:

Talk about bad officiating and bad luck with the deflections but ultimately complacency and lack of quality up front cost us the game there.

Fatawu, Mavididi, Daka, McAteer

They're not going to be good enough  if/when we go up. I hope Rudkin is paying attention to this. Give Enzo whoever he needs. 

We’ve ****ed ourselves on that score. No financial room to sign anyone else. 

We were way better for the vast majority of the game. We missed ABSOLUTE sitters, not just good chances, goals that would be expected to be put away by a hungover 40 year old in a parks game on a Sunday. On top of that a perfectly good goal disallowed by an an overpaid underskilled official. 

Just now, Riot Van said:

Are you dense? We were unbelievable in the second half and the game should have been out of sight.

This is down to nothing but being unlucky - I don't care what anyone says.

Vestergard, KDH and Ricardo were absolutely phenomenal. If we play like that for the rest of the season we will win the league comfortably.

When we went down we were piss.  The players need to look at themselves.

We were so dominant today, but the game is about taking chances and not no other stat matters other then the final score.

Mental strength is equally important as ability. Without both you will hit problems. Momentum is huge especially at this stage of the season. I'm not convinced we have enough in us to keep up. Once doubts creep in it can feel like every game is a cup final in terms of pressure. Play offs would literally finish this lot given what they would have let slip as a result.

Christ I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1