Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Whoever gets us in the playoffs will be licking their lips. 

We're in this division for a few years yet.

preparing yourself? if you expect the worst you can't be disappointed eh?

your lack of self esteem betrays you

Just now, StanSP said:

As shit as the ref was, we should have wrapped up the game before they had an ounce of a thought of coming back into it. 

Disgustingly bad finishing. 

That Daka miss is just so shocking. 

Yep vardy there its game over. Maybe even cannon.

• Like 1

Bottled it yet again in the last 15 mins and people say I don't know what I'm talking about. Fools

Humble pie... not sure we will.win it now but will definitely get 2nd

Let the Leeds w@nkathon commence. Ref is a criminal but that was our own doing yet again. Please do some finishing training Enzo and also stop pi$$ing around at the back just get the fvcker cleared

Can blame missed chances and no VAR all day long but the simple truth is that we have a soft underbelly when the going gets tough. Gotta question squad depth as well because the substitutions made things worse and ended up being a disaster. Should never have lost that game. Period.

3 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Should have been 4-0 up by 70 minutes.

We will still win the league 

I think we'll finish 2nd.. we can't put games to bed. Mav and dakas misses were terrible. We do it every game.

Throw the cup game.  Beat qpr because after that it's Sunderland Hull and Southampton.. could be caught by then.. got to be realistic 

Just didn't take our chances and then completely folded after the substitutions.

Disallowed goal

Mavadidi 1 on 1 missed the goal

Daka 1 on 1 missed the goal

Once we missed those opportunities the doubt starts to creep in, they score 1 and it's a complete collapse of the sails and confidence.

On to the next one. Another day and we’d be sky high, such is Leicester City fans life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Sky get what they wanted. 

On a serious note that was seriously bad. 

Pawson made some poor decisions, VAR wasn’t available so we can’t blame that.

What we can say is at 1-0 we had CLEARA chances to bury the game and didn’t.

Mavididi, Daka and Fatawu all disgraceful tonight, some absolutely dreadful misses that would have sealed the points. 

We’re our own worst enemy, we lost this game today. Leeds weren’t that great, but you knew if they got one back it would be game over, and they would eventually win. 

It’a a honking result, we’ve been getting carried away talking about record points and being the “outstanding team” in the division. Yet, we’ve failed to over come our closest competition, dropping points against Ipswich and Leeds. 

It’s not a champions mentality.

Im certain we won’t win the league, but we’ve sure as hell got to spurt ourselves out and make sure we finish second, we can’t afford to drop into the play offs. 

Deeply sickening and disappointing day. But somehow one I felt in my gut was coming. 

Our only hope is this doesn’t kill the lads confidence and completely derail us.

The thing is, from the position we had, is falling over the line any better than not making it at all?

Imagine what teams will do to us in the Premier League.  

• Like 1

It’s a really tough one to take, and you’ve got to win games like that but I can’t help feeling that we’ve been very unlucky. Until the 79th minute we’ve been in complete control. Robbed of a second goal, we’ve conceded another double deflection goal and obviously they’ve got their tails up at 2-1. Maybe I’m making excuses but I thought we were by far the better team which is supposed to be a difficult task at ER.

3 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I have no time for supposed Leicester fans who think we bottled that game. We had a disgusting ref who ruled out a perfectly good second match winning goal and then suffered two deflected goals against which have to go down as bad luck. We played really well and **** anyone who thinks we collapsed or are bottle jobs. Leeds were lucky. 

Totally agree with this post, we were brilliant, playing brilliant football and should have been 4-0 up. It's gut wrenching but Leeds were so lucky.

I could be very annoyed but at the end of the day, shit linesman decision and shit Daka decision is what lead to that.

would say once again, subs too late. They’d already gained momentum when we made changes.

it is, and continues to be Enzo’s big problem. Not surprising being from Pep school  

Cool. We've been completely exposed there. Put the ball in the net, kill the game off. We just couldn't do it and completely lost control.

Two incredibly jammy goals for them, a goal which would've stood in VAR land, which is apparently evil. Their stadium absolutely rocking, fans bouncing... we now go back to our sterile atmosphere to moan and clear the stands on 75minutes; win lose or draw. Feels like karma the way that played out, just take your chances.

Just now, Tanya said:

Are....you suggesting we sack Enzo?

Yes, what the hell is he doing? Boro and leeds doing the double over us? We were disappointed with 5th 2 years ago, that’s the standards. We’ve got the best training facility in the world, built for the best players. It’s simply not good enough. This isn’t even the hard bit, getting promoted should be a piece of piss with our quality. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1