Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

There's something wrong somewhere a top team dosent concede the amount of late goals starting to wonder if the pressures getting to them the Sensi signing would have been a catalyst likw when we signed cambiasso defining moment back in January all is not well.

Edited by glos-fox

The only thing I can pin on Enzo in hindsight was picking Daka.

We should have been out of sight and they should have been dead on their feet before they equalised. 

The usual retreating into our shell with 15 minutes to go, giving up the momentum and then looking lost. 

This is the reason people leave ten minutes early, not because they want to get to their car but very little good happens to Leicester City past the 80th minute mark. We just try and see games out and tonight it backfired spectacularly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cool heads needed now. We should have won that by a hatful. Deserved to  in many ways. But poor decision on the offside was crucial, two unforgivable misses, and then 3 crap goals that we didn't deserve to concede really. Two deflections. FFS. 

Ours still to win. Onwards and upwards. 

• Like 1

Absolutely gutted by the result as Leeds are such a scummy club and we should be 12 points clear.

Yes its about results, but we looked miles better than them and they are apparently the best thing since sliced bread. I thought we would struggle to get anything out the game but they were not anywhere near as good as I expected them to be.

Annoyances

The wank off over Leeds crowd - TV doesnt always translate but I heard sod all before they scored

'Bottle jobs' - yes we let a result slip, but I see nothing close to the weak mentality we had last year, some real bad luck today

'Corruption' - officials can just be shite, not every inept ref is bent, otherwise the LMA car park would be full of Lambos (maybe it is)

Archie Gray - I really dont give a ****

We played well. I think people are losing sight of that. We missed two sitters, but beyond that I thought we were superb. Also two of their goals were deflections.

What does hurt is the fact we didn't play like that against Middlesbrough. If we had, we'd have walked it.

• Like 1

Knew it was coming after the 2nd clear chance. It’s just Leicester innit.

Makes you wonder how many goals we’d have scored by now if our players put away the BIG chances. 

Hope Enzo and the team have what it takes to bounce back from this. To throw away this lead would be disappointing even if we do go up. 

How the hell have we conspired to lose that.

To be honest I was actually quite impressed with the performance, apart from the shambles of the last 15.

Still think we are a better team than them.

And now back to the Sky studio for more analysis of how brilliant the atmosphere is at Elland Road when they win. 

• Like 1

BTW, hate to nitpick…

But that was a foul on Fatawu leading to their 2d goal.

Also, while I don’t like picking on our players…

I don’t get the love-in with McAteer, especially when Mavididi was running the Leeds defense ragged.

Still 6 points ahead…

We go again next against an unpredictable QPR. :scarf:

• Like 1

Just now, VictorFox said:

I’m logging off until the start of next season see you first game of the season against Cardiff 

You supporting Cov next season?

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

No 

We defend well and we win simples.

Went down hill from the 1st goal McAteer at fault. Litterally contributed nothing in any game he has played post injury.

However he is a valuable player for the opposition 

I haven't watched it back yet but Ampudu waltzed through the heart of our midfield? Was that McAteer's fault? No sass, genuine question, I don't know.

Regardless, he's looked well off it and when we hopefully go up, that's a position we'd need to strengthen. 

Just now, The Guvnor said:

In total control of the game but still lost.

Daka’s goal should have stood, big fcuk up by the Lino. That aside some of our build up play is absolutely sublime but regularly let down with piss poor finishing.

We played some really beautiful football at times. But our finishing was a bit ugly, and unlucky.

Just now, Twitcher said:

We played well. I think people are losing sight of that. We missed two sitters, but beyond that I thought we were superb. Also two of their goals were deflections.

What does hurt is the fact we didn't play like that against Middlesbrough. If we had, we'd have walked it.

We did, we just missed lots of chances against Boro too 

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Played way better than I expected. Should have won. Daka goal should have stood. We should have been 3 up at least anyway. 

result was what I expected. Move on. 

Stop being reasonable and level headed. 

I would have taken a draw before the game and we should have been at least 3 0 up.

We move on, I’m confident we get promotion. 

Edited by Stephen Hughes