Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

Why does mavididi keep getting hooked?

18 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

If we had a decent sub to come on and replace him I perhaps wouldnt be so bothered, but we always regress when he comes off so the subs arent working.

Putting Mcateer on hardly fills you with confidence. Albrighton is more experienced and would at least shore things up better. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Putting Mcateer on hardly fills you with confidence. Albrighton is more experienced and would at least shore things up better. 

Yeah Mcateer is better on the right side and been in horrid form of late, and the game before was Cannon out of position.

Albrighton would have been on the wrong side but do agree it would have been a better choice.  Ultimately though I would have kept him on.

• Like 1

Mavididi biggest issue is we signed no one to compete with him.

Zero jeopardy all season, and when he’s having a stinker and we do take him off, the results are even worse lol 

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Mavididi biggest issue is we signed no one to compete with him.

Zero jeopardy all season, and when he’s having a stinker and we do take him off, the results are even worse lol 

Stinker seems harsh, his game was pretty good aside from the miss.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Was meant season wide. Not just tonight :) 

Season wide has been one of our better players in my opinion.  Great signing.  For sure better than Fatawu although not to say Fatawu hasnt been ok.  Was even our top scorer for a while.

Edited by Chrysalis

4 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Because his head goes as soon as he makes a bit mistake. 

He couldn't trap a bag of sand after that one on one 

Spot on, misses chance after chance after chance, proceeds to give the ball away or completely implode whilst almost sulking like a kid afterwards. 

He needs to show some steel and desire after these sorts of moments and demand the ball again and try and make something else happen. As it stands he’s going into his shell and that’s why he’s getting hooked. He literally let one under his foot today and his reaction to it screamed “I can’t be arsed”. That’ll be why he’s getting hooked. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

With McAteer I’m constantly back and forth between - “he’s utter shite” and “he isn’t a winger” 

Sharky was the call tonight, 100% 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HybridFox said:

He looked shattered tbf and had some poor touches before the sub. Our issue is we haven't got anyone of quality to replace him. Not investing in January could come back to bite us again

just give akgun a chance on the bloody wing. It’s baffling that we’ve given up on him so quickly. 

The think with Mavididi, he always looks like he's capable of causing a threat, but has a tendency to go missing in games.

Abdul was worse yesterday imo however he does seem to offer more defensively.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Yeah Mcateer is better on the right side and been in horrid form of late, and the game before was Cannon out of position.

Albrighton would have been on the wrong side but do agree it would have been a better choice.  Ultimately though I would have kept him on.

Lest we forget, we won the Premiership with Albrighton on that side. He's capable of doing that job again as back-up in the Championship.