Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

Why does mavididi keep getting hooked?

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

Said all along we were buying championship players 

he is a decent championship player 

we have a squad of them 

we are skint 

what happens next season ? 

He was class in every way except for finishing last night (and his response to his bad finishing). Considering we had Ayoze Perez on the wing whilst we were finishing 5th I think Mavididi is more than good enough for the PL.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 1

We all see it it’s CONFIDENCE!

he looks upto the heavens, closes his eyes and head sinks. Those are the cues Enzo sees and off he goes. 

is it good coaching? Who am I to tell Enzo but I’m a grassroots coach snd everything in the handbook says I should not pull him out. It only reinforces negativity and further damages the players confidence. Mavs needs a combination of players rallying around him and his own belief system strengthening. He wasn’t having a stinker that’s the irony. I think he’s too hard on himself. A player like him needs to thrive on freedom of stress and worry which then boosts his confidence. Who remembers early in the season when he missed a 1-on-1 with the keeper? 2nd chance he gets alert under much more pressure now plus steals it from Vardy before going onto bury it!

WE NEED THAT FEARLESS STEPHY BACK.

Guest leatherhead32
17 hours ago, SergeLCFC said:

How much better does he look when he’s running at defenders 

yes that's his thing great to watch at times and can /will we hope improve in next 2 years 

17 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Ridiculous decision to hook him. Miles better than Fattawu who stunk the place out again on the right. Yes Stephy missed a sitter but looked a threat and they were always nervous of him. 

He was spent , had to come off, and not the first time he looks out on his knees the last 20 

8 hours ago, honeybradger said:

He was class in every way except for finishing last night (and his response to his bad finishing). Considering we had Ayoze Perez on the wing whilst we were finishing 5th I think Mavididi is more than good enough for the PL.

may have finished 5th with perez but he was still shit lol 

The logical choice to replace Mavdidi would have been Albrighton - still offering a threat (especially with Cannon in the  middle) and much needed experience, as well as determination and workrate..   But Maresca should be sending on both at 60 mins, please.  Reactive subs at 80 mins, or even later, stink of timidity instead of setting his own challenge to the opposing manager..

To be fair, Maresca is very inexperienced compared with Leeds & Middlesbrough managers, so hope he can learn fast, especially if we make it up to the Prem (could manager inexperience be part of the explanation why Burnley have performed so disappointingly?).

• Like 1