Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Are we going to bottle it?

Are we going to bottle it?  

452 members have voted

1. 1. Where are we finishing?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

What planet are you on? We've just totally outclassed the second best team in the league. We can win any game we want. But likewise, we have to be a good 4 or 5 ahead with a minute left to ensure we do so..

I'm not sure how you outclass someone and lose 3-1. We played well for 70 minutes yes, great football at times,  then packed up and went home, unfortunately football matches last 90 minutes despite ideas to the contrary of much of our home support. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I'm not sure how you outclass someone and lose 3-1. We played well for 70 minutes yes, great football at times,  then packed up and went home, unfortunately football matches last 90 minutes despite ideas to the contrary of much of our home support. 

Because we are Leicester City. 99.9% of us called it prior to the game. It's what we do. Always have. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Because we are Leicester City. 99.9% of us called it prior to the game. It's what we do. Always have. 

Not in 1997, 2009, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2021 we didn't.

Somehow then we had born winners and fighters in the team. Not always technically fantastic some but always fighting till the end. 

Now we have players who disappear when it matters.

Maybe it a side effect this style of having technically better players who aren't good enough to be at the top clubs. You just have to accept sometimes then will roll over and hope they have enough quality to get over the line. 

• Like 2

1st

At this stage of the season, we will see some unexpected out of blue results. Pressure is on all teams in the top 3/4 places. We need to regroup. I would be looking at the players and look at the  mentality stronger players playing them more, even if they are less talented. I’ve said for a while, we are missing hard bastard, someone the opposition fan/player hate, someone who would gee up our players, when players heads drops. Cody could yet still play an important role in final part of the season. Getting Niddi back will be crucial as well🏆🏆🏆

Edited by Lad1966
  • Like 1

Just now, Lad1966 said:

1st

At this stage of the season, we will see some unexpected out of blue results. Pressure is on all teams in the top 3/4 places. We need to regroup, focus on the positives and work on the negatives!

exactly. we lost and the pressure is till on everyone else!

Even if we forgot the arguments about dominance, missed chances, refereeing decision, substitutions, and style of play.

I think most will agree we have a problem now at end of games with the team falling apart, ironically the opposite of the start of the season where we went on for quite a while without conceding a goal after 70mins, so unfortunately for Enzo this is a trend settling in under his watch.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I thought the bottling and spinelessness was a Rodgers thing but it's much deeper than that.

It runs through the very culture of the club now.

if we transfer that energy onto the team it will. we're better than 99 per cent of teams. 

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I thought the bottling and spinelessness was a Rodgers thing but it's much deeper than that.

I hate to say it, but I agree, I am hoping it wont rub off to much at the sharp end of the season time will tell I think the next 2 matches will be crucial 

I am confident we will get 1st or 2nd still, as I think teams around us will still lose games and I expect a reaction from us after tonight that will get us over the line.

However, I just listened to Enzo and Ricardo's post match interviews, and I can't shake this niggling feeling that I've had for a while, that Enzo and the players don't react the right way to a loss. They seem far too passive and "that's football" type of attitude. Pre-Enzo, I already thought we lacked a certain intensity and passion to win at all costs, and that was part of the reason we were relegated. It feels that not only have we not being able to shake that with a new Manager and some new players, but it is actually still with us more than ever. The quick fix of course, is to sign 2-3 players in the Summer who have that nastiness and ruthlessness that we are lacking. If we don't, I suspect we will all lose patience very quickly with such a passive reaction to likely many more losses if we get promoted. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

if we transfer that energy onto the team it will. we're better than 99 per cent of teams. 

We might be better for 99 per cent but it's the last per cent that we are losing games.

Unless Enzo changes this stupid keepy ball at the back we are in the play offs.

• Haha 1

Got some tough games. 

Hull and Sunderland away are vital, if we win both I'll be confident. But they're both up there. Hull beat us and Sunderland played very well. 

Bristol City away, tough. Wba and Soton at home, tough. 

We will make enough chances in every game to win each but taking them is a massive issue. 

QPR is a must win now. 

35 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Was never going to change over night.

Took Klopp 3 years to turn Liverpool into mentality monsters.

6 minutes ago, lozzyblue fox said:

We might be better for 99 per cent but it's the last per cent that we are losing games.

Unless Enzo changes this stupid keepy ball at the back we are in the play offs.

This comes across as the Luddite ‘lump it forward’ which the slavering septuagenarian spouts out at 75 minutes before leaving the ground early. 

We’re still 6 points clear and our immediate rivals have fluked results against us recently. 

Seems to me as though if we concede or go a goal down then we struggle to reply and react - we stick to our ways.

We have had lots of opportunities to really kill games off at home and win by 4, 5, 6 but seem happy to play about with the ball in defence and soak up pressure. We could have really gone for it in certain games and looked to get the wingers on the ball, get Cannon involved, and on the score sheet, but instead seem happy to let Hermansen, Faes and Westergard have the ball. 

It would be good to see a plan B where we show that desperation to score, or at least need the team to really make the most of every opportunity and bang the goals in. In the prem, you need to be able to react instantly and need to take your chances.

If the weak mentality in big games is a real thing then I think wel blow the title. Should still manage to go up automatically but I really think next season in the prem will be a horror show. We won't have the massively superior quality anymore which our style of play ideally needs and it seems we still won't be able to grind out results. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Not in 1997, 2009, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2021 we didn't.

Somehow then we had born winners and fighters in the team. Not always technically fantastic some but always fighting till the end. 

Now we have players who disappear when it matters.

Maybe it a side effect this style of having technically better players who aren't good enough to be at the top clubs. You just have to accept sometimes then will roll over and hope they have enough quality to get over the line. 

Being pedantic as I do agree with aspects of your overall point, but in 21 we probably had one of our worst bottles of all time immediately after we won the cup and blew the champions league, arguably what started this slide to the championship

30 minutes ago, LCFCCKEANO said:

Being pedantic as I do agree with aspects of your overall point, but in 21 we probably had one of our worst bottles of all time immediately after we won the cup and blew the champions league, arguably what started this slide to the championship

Yeah 21 was a bit of a bad example  really, but it felt wrong to exclude a fa cup winning team as bottle jobs. 

• Like 1