Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Are we going to bottle it?

Are we going to bottle it?  

452 members have voted

1. 1. Where are we finishing?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

10 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

How many points have we taken off Leeds this season?

How many points are we ahead of them? How long have we been ahead of them. We hammered them tonight on their own patch and but for some disgusting finishing and a disallowed goal, we'd have won comfortably. Based on that performance and the league standing, I stick by my original comment. We are miles better than Leeds. 

• Like 4

Still finishing first. More to do with the lack of quality in this league, meaning we don't usually get punished like we did tonight, rather than our quality though.

Next season, however, could get ugly without dramatic defensive changes.

13 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

We're easily the best team in the league, we were easily the best team tonight. Competent refereeing sees us with 3 points tonight

No not falling apart and getting at least a point shows strength. Mentally we are a long long way from being tge best team. That was a pathetic capitulation. Its all very well playing good stuff but too many times now we are failing to deliver when it matters. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Langston said:

We're still going to go up but it'd be nice if we could come out on top in one of these big pressure games. People sounding alarm bells about our mentality shouldn't be laughed away.

We simply have to ****ing sharpen up our finishing though.

I don’t get all this “we are still going to go up” why is this guaranteed? We literally got relegated last season when many people said “we will be fine”.. I hope you are right but I don’t think the next few weeks will be as straight forward as some are making out 

I honestly feel I cannot call it, we have a 6 point gap and have both games against ipswich and leeds out of the way, still one game left against saints.

We are still pretty reliable against bottom half teams so we would should be good for at least a circa 1.5-2PPG at absolute worst, but momentum is important, and this team I feel has a soft belly for closing games out, and we also still have issues finishing chances.

Enzo I am also feeling is starting to become a bit robotic, he keeps hooking Mavididi as if its a pre planned thing he cant deviate from but we keep conceding after he does it so it doesnt work.

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

1st but we have a real problem in these games and you're a fool if you can't see it.

I hope Enzo is addressing it behind closed doors. He isn’t blind. He’s seen enough now to start sitting these ***** down and asking what’s what in these types of moments. He’d be completely valid in doing so. 

Still do it but it’s obvious there is a problem there. 

I have been fairly armchair away from home this season but if you regularly go away, you’d understandably aggravated at the lack of grit. All good for us to sit at home saying we will be alright but we ain’t there standing in the ground feeling like an utter twat again. Fans like to see that grit and graft in the right moments as a pre requisite 

No. Absolutely not. This is a league that is plagued with inconsistencies and we have took the p**s out of it. We will continue to do that and those below us will continue to fall victim to it. We'll win the league and it'll be by 10 points plus.

26 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

How many points have we taken off Leeds this season?

0. But after 34 games, we have 6 more points than them. Hope that helps. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

How many points are we ahead of them? How long have we been ahead of them. We hammered them tonight on their own patch and but for some disgusting finishing and a disallowed goal, we'd have won comfortably. Based on that performance and the league standing, I stick by my original comment. We are miles better than Leeds. 

We might be better than them but are we **** miles better. 

It's not just about ability