Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Are we going to bottle it?

Are we going to bottle it?  

452 members have voted

1. 1. Where are we finishing?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

Just now, Bert said:

0. But after 34 games, we have 6 more points than them. Hope that helps. 

Not really

Is losing to them twice and being only two wins ahead of them really enough to declare us 'miles better' 

The answer is obvious 

15 minutes ago, LCFC-92 said:

I think we'll still win the league, but I have massive fears for us in the prem, regardless of who we buy.

That was my conclusion, Leeds will be one of the worst teams we play next season and you can blame luck, but there is a weakness in this team, you aren't suprised when we conceede late, it started in the Bournemouth 4 Leicester 1 result a few years ago and it just rears its ugly head to often for my liking.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

How many points are we ahead of them? How long have we been ahead of them. We hammered them tonight on their own patch and but for some disgusting finishing and a disallowed goal, we'd have won comfortably. Based on that performance and the league standing, I stick by my original comment. We are miles better than Leeds. 

Luck, the ref and poor finishing beat us tonight. Leeds barely got a look in.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Help me out, how does three deflections equal weak mentality? Are we weak because they upped the pressure? The tempo? :dunno:

Look at what Leeds did once they were in front and near the end of the game, they carried on attacking.

When we are leading games by a single goal we start to become frigid towards the end of the game, and that leeds to chances that can cause those deflections. 

In short the deflection doesnt happen if they not shooting in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Not really

Is losing to them twice and being only two wins ahead of them really enough to declare us 'miles better' 

The answer is obvious 

We are currently the best team in the league. Complete fact. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

That was my conclusion, Leeds will be one of the worst teams we play next season and you can blame luck, but there is a weakness in this team, you aren't suprised when we conceede late, it started in the Bournemouth 4 Leicester 1 result a few years ago and it just rears its ugly head to often for my liking.

:brendan_still:

I fvcking hate threads like these. Honestly, some of you have been permanently damaged by Rodgers.

At Christmas we were still neck & neck with Ipswich FFS. If you'd said to any of us then you'll be 6 points clear with 11 left we'd have been in dreamland.

Might save a few responses to shame the doubters in May. Don't any of you saying 3rd or 4th even dare to celebrate a title win. The fans are bottling it more than the players. FML.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

We've just totally and utterly schooled our nearest rivals. It wasn't tight. It wasn't fine margins. It wasn't luck. It wasn't one of those days. 

It was a total and utter bumming. We bummed them alive. We pulled the pants down of the second best team in the league,.bent them over and fisted them up to our elbow

Freak result doesn't even remotely describe it. We will walk the division and I predict we will win every game for the rest of the season, such is the anger of the players 

Tonight is the equivalent of when we lost 2-1 away at Arsenal the season we won the PL and then went on a run and never looked back (minus the bumming and fisting)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Look at what Leeds did once they were in front and near the end of the game, they carried on attacking.

When we are leading games by a single goal we start to become frigid towards the end of the game, and that leeds to chances that can cause those deflections. 

They attacked due to the initial deflection and the crowd.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Help me out, how does three deflections equal weak mentality? Are we weak because they upped the pressure? The tempo? :dunno:

There is a very weak mentality - but it's mostly on here.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Tbf we attacked for 70mins. We created a multitude of chances to score .. mav and daka should've scored on top of the incorrectly disallowed goal.

We're nor clinical enough, but we attack plenty 

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

But that didn't happen here did it?

We get a goal ruled out - wrongly. Then Mavididi and Daka fluff their lines. Until that point we were in TOTAL control. There was no frigidity about it. The deflections don't matter if we bury our chances. Every single goal came from pinball football. The Gray shot and James free kick were both off target. The Arsenal defence of the 90s couldn't have done anything about that.

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

We've just totally and utterly schooled our nearest rivals. It wasn't tight. It wasn't fine margins. It wasn't luck. It wasn't one of those days. 

It was a total and utter bumming. We bummed them alive. We pulled the pants down of the second best team in the league,.bent them over and fisted them up to our elbow

Freak result doesn't even remotely describe it. We will walk the division and I predict we will win every game for the rest of the season, such is the anger of the players 

Can't argue with that, the only thing I would add is we did it without lube.

Just now, Simonb said:

Tbf we attacked for 70mins. We created a multitude of chances to score .. mav and daka should've scored on top of the incorrectly disallowed goal.

We're nor clinical enough, but we attack plenty 

Did you forget the 22 mins in the first half we had no shots after we scored, we had to defend but because it wasnt the end of the game we remained composed and didnt concede.

We basically held our own up until mavididi got hooked, and had attacking spells here and there which was fine considering our opponents, but we were not attacking for 70 minutes, I honestly dont know what you was watching.

Us bottle it???..

Have we got previous for this?..

You bet we have!..

I think we'll struggle now to get an automatic promotion place.

The QPR game will be defining, drop points in that one, then you can stick a fork in us.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

I don’t get all this “we are still going to go up” why is this guaranteed? We literally got relegated last season when many people said “we will be fine”.. I hope you are right but I don’t think the next few weeks will be as straight forward as some are making out 

We're still creating very good chances and will (should) beat the majority of sides we have to face. We also have a head start. It's obviously not guaranteed but I'd have thought that was very obviously my opinion.