Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Are we going to bottle it?

Are we going to bottle it?  

452 members have voted

1. 1. Where are we finishing?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

9 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Did you forget the 22 mins in the first half we had no shots after we scored, we had to defend but because it wasnt the end of the game we remained composed and didnt concede.

We basically held our own up until mavididi got hooked, and had attacking spells here and there which was fine considering our opponents, but we were not attacking for 70 minutes, I honestly dont know what you was watching.

Cheer up kid

20 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

We've just totally and utterly schooled our nearest rivals. It wasn't tight. It wasn't fine margins. It wasn't luck. It wasn't one of those days. 

It was a total and utter bumming. We bummed them alive. We pulled the pants down of the second best team in the league,.bent them over and fisted them up to our elbow

Freak result doesn't even remotely describe it. We will walk the division and I predict we will win every game for the rest of the season, such is the anger of the players 

Can you do my lottery this week if you can see the future.

We were the better side for 65/70 mins, at times I thought we were going to cruise to victory, I  just can’t help but feel Enzo has a mental block when it comes to making changes to get the job done, you could see we were flagging, losing the midfield battle, our bench was more than good enough to see the game out imo 

Leeds smashed Ipswich 4-0 then lost to Preston the following week. For 70 minutes today we were by far the better team. From HT until they equalised we were utterly dominant and should have made it at least 0-3. Who’s to say Leeds won’t go and lose next week? Even if they don’t and we beat QPR, 6 points with 11 to play puts us in a decent position. 

We need to grow a big old pair of balls and stop throwing games away like we have done against Ipswich home and away and again tonight. But I’m sure we’ll still the win the league.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Help me out, how does three deflections equal weak mentality? Are we weak because they upped the pressure? The tempo? :dunno:

Because teams with strong mentalities don't let those situations occur. I'd forgive 1 or 2 games but this has happened in every game we have played this year where there has been any semblance of pressure, as the saying goes 'you make your own luck'. We either kill the game dead with the sitters we have or don't sit so deep, game management has been poor. 

30 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

We've just totally and utterly schooled our nearest rivals. It wasn't tight. It wasn't fine margins. It wasn't luck. It wasn't one of those days. 

It was a total and utter bumming. We bummed them alive. We pulled the pants down of the second best team in the league,.bent them over and fisted them up to our elbow

Freak result doesn't even remotely describe it. We will walk the division and I predict we will win every game for the rest of the season, such is the anger of the players 

That's weird..

I just checked and we got shafted 3-1!!😂

33 minutes ago, Sly said:

Who’s voting 4th? 

If we finish fourth I’ll quit Foxestalk and you can close my account.

We will still win the league. 

It's perfectly possible. Look at Ipswich who have a piss easy run, Leeds do and Southampton have a easier run that us. Apart from QPR in March, there's no easy games for us. Got to visit Hull who beat us, Sunderland who outplayed us at the KP. Far from a done deal all these teams will reach 90 points + imo. 

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Story of my life mate. I'll chat up the birds,.make the move, buy the drinks, have all the lines ...yet my ugly zero charisma mate will.somehow.end up managing to shag her

I feel like I may know you :)

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Tried everything mate. I'm like, you go and approach them for once and me stand like a fcking lemon in the background saying nothing. But he'll still get the shag. 

No,  I was thinking I may be your ugly, no charisma mate 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

It's perfectly possible. Look at Ipswich who have a piss easy run, Leeds do and Southampton have a easier run that us. Apart from QPR in March, there's no easy games for us. Got to visit Hull who beat us, Sunderland who outplayed us at the KP. Far from a done deal all these teams will reach 90 points + imo. 

Sunderland definitely did not outplay us

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Us bottle it???..

Have we got previous for this?..

You bet we have!..

I think we'll struggle now to get an automatic promotion place.

The QPR game will be defining, drop points in that one, then you can stick a fork in us.

Here he is again

14 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

What planet are you on? We've just totally outclassed the second best team in the league. We can win any game we want. But likewise, we have to be a good 4 or 5 ahead with a minute left to ensure we do so..

• Haha 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

What planet are you on? We've just totally outclassed the second best team in the league. We can win any game we want. But likewise, we have to be a good 4 or 5 ahead with a minute left to ensure we do so..

The only stat that matters is the score at the end and we shit ourselves.

• Like 1

We bottle big games still, wasn’t just a Rodgers thing. We bossed the game today then crumbled.

Lost to Leeds home and away, lost away at Cov, didn’t beat Ipswich. Biggest games we’ve won are WBA and Southampton, the latter when they were having an awful spell early on.

Even if we do win the league it won’t be as good as the last time we won it. That team wouldn’t have crumbled tonight.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

It's far too early for this, yes the last 2 matches have been a wake up call, and tonight was an horrific final 10 mins, but can't see us losing like this again, if we lose the next 2 then time to worry.