Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Are we going to bottle it?

Are we going to bottle it?  

452 members have voted

1. 1. Where are we finishing?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

I think the best way to describe the situation is. 

The defeat hasn’t derailed us, but it has made a comfortable situation uncomfortable. Leeds have managed to close in to within arms reach and applied pressure to us that we haven’t really had all season. 

Despite the doom and gloom, it is still in our hands (sorry not sorry) and a couple of wins maintains the distance from Leeds. 

We do however need to have a collective sit down and a talk, because it really isn’t great to collapse so easily to your closest rival. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trooky said:

If you can't take any positives from last night's game you should not watch football. 

We played Leeds off the park for 70 minutes, disallowed goal changes everything but for 2 horrendous missed chances we win.

Enzo is a fantastic coach and the best thing to happen to the club since the title win, at times last night the football was brilliant.

Finally, someone who talks sense!

People questioning enzo for his decisions, what’s he supposed to do, come on himself & put that chance away!

We were the better team for 70 minutes, 2 shitty deflected goals.

Our luck will come! Makes things interesting now.

• Like 2

Our form against teams in the top 6 is abysmal, and that’s the worry for me nowhere near good enough, I really hope when we play the likes of Hull, West Brom, and the teams that are in the top 10 that are pushing for the playoffs we show the ruthlessness to beat them. Time to really step up now. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

The simple answer is no. 
The more complex answer is it’s very unlikely. 

After last night we just needed to go to bed, lick our wounds and let the anger subside. Any comments made last night were just emotional rants. 

Ah, unemotional rants, my speciality :@

If we can't sort out our finishing and our weak minded attitude to the final 15 minutes, then it is quite possible. 

40 shots in the last 2 games, both losses. Only 7 on target. Only 2 goals.

That is pathetic on every level.

I think we will still go up, but the defence and strike force are not Prem quality, we will need to be very good and careful with players coming in, we can't afford passengers so anyone coming in has to be capable of taking a first team spot and keeping it, no buying players to pad the squad out.

12 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

We’d be 2-0 up until 80 min, make some subs and lose 2-3 😂

I'd laugh but itd be true and people on here will still say everything will be fine🤣🤣

• Haha 1

This forum genuinely embarrasses me some times. Some of the negative drivel on here makes me want to tear my hair out.

1st, 6 points clear, potentially on for a record finish ever in the championship, having scored THE MOST GOALS OF ANY TEAM IN ENGLAND. If you can’t find any sort of positivity from this, honestly what’s the point watching football? What joy can it bring if you’re not enjoying this?

this season should be remembered so fondly by us fans as a break from the frustrations of the PL where we’ve dominated and yet it’s being ruined by entitlement, ridiculous expectations, and frankly, people that don’t understand football.

I was pissed off last night, we all were. But the idea we’re ‘bottling it’ is garbage. On another day we’re 2-0 up at 60 mins, Leeds haven’t had a sniff, and we see it out. A poor ref decision, 3 deflected goals and we lose.

yes we missed chances. Yes that’s frustrating. But nobody is taking about bottling if we’re still 9 or 12 points clear. And it’s the finest of margins that has meant we’re not.

please, for the love of Christ, keep the faith. Elland Road lifted Leeds to the win last night. If we don’t have that kind of support at the KP because some fans think 6 points isn’t a big enough cushion then it’s not helping us. It makes a difference.

UTF

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

This forum genuinely embarrasses me some times. Some of the negative drivel on here makes me want to tear my hair out.

1st, 6 points clear, potentially on for a record finish ever in the championship, having scored THE MOST GOALS OF ANY TEAM IN ENGLAND. If you can’t find any sort of positivity from this, honestly what’s the point watching football? What joy can it bring if you’re not enjoying this?

this season should be remembered so fondly by us fans as a break from the frustrations of the PL where we’ve dominated and yet it’s being ruined by entitlement, ridiculous expectations, and frankly, people that don’t understand football.

I was pissed off last night, we all were. But the idea we’re ‘bottling it’ is garbage. On another day we’re 2-0 up at 60 mins, Leeds haven’t had a sniff, and we see it out. A poor ref decision, 3 deflected goals and we lose.

yes we missed chances. Yes that’s frustrating. But nobody is taking about bottling if we’re still 9 or 12 points clear. And it’s the finest of margins that has meant we’re not.

please, for the love of Christ, keep the faith. Elland Road lifted Leeds to the win last night. If we don’t have that kind of support at the KP because some fans think 6 points isn’t a big enough cushion then it’s not helping us. It makes a difference.

UTF

Are you an ostrich?😂

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

UTF

It's embarrassing how blasé and complacent some of our fans are about chucking away a near 20 point lead over 3rd place. Saying things like we will go unbeaten from now when there is no evidence at present to support that.

Over the past few months more and more concerning form and performances.

The Leeds support was shit until the last 10 minutes. The difference was they decided to go all out attack and make chances whilst we sat back. Are they technically a better side than us, no, but are they better at winning football matches at present, yes. Any set of fans will get behind that, we did last week against Boro.

I dont care about dominating games, missing chances or shit refs. The simple basic is don't conceed 3 goals, if you conceed 3 goals, you lose football matches. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1