Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Are we going to bottle it?

Are we going to bottle it?  

452 members have voted

1. 1. Where are we finishing?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

It's embarrassing how blasé and complacent some of our fans are about chucking away a near 20 point lead over 3rd place.

Over the past few months more and more concerning form and performances.

The Leeds support was shit until the last 10 minutes. The difference was they decided to go all out attack and make chances whilst we sat back. Any set of fans will get behind that, we did last week again Boro.

I dont care about dominating games, missing chances or shit refs. The simple basic is don't conceed 3 goals, if you conceed 3 goals, you lose football matches. 

We’ve conceded 3 goals once this season.

Leeds have won 9 in a row, saints went on a record unbeaten run. We’ve still averaged over 2 points a game.

sometimes you have to give credit to other teams and stop complaining about our own, very limited problems.

• Like 1

Just now, Gevans_97 said:

We’ve conceded 3 goals once this season.

Leeds have won 9 in a row, saints went on a record unbeaten run. We’ve still averaged over 2 points a game.

sometimes you have to give credit to other teams and stop complaining about our own, very limited problems.

Also 3 at Cov, similar situation.

Our run in is more difficult that Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich. If form continues as is, one will 100% catch us, it's not unrealistic for 2 to. I do acknowledge other teams are doing well. 

It is very much a situation where there are 4 good teams it's likely someone will make 90+ and not get Promoted this year imo. To not be concerned given our recent history and form since Christmas against any side with a bit of spirit or quality would be unrealistic.

At the risk of stating the obvious, we need to go on a good run. As I believe the others who arent that good , will drop points, and  we can open up our lead again. 

Obviously if the opposite happens and it becomes a dog fight , changing week by week, I doubt we will go up as champions as we probably won't have the nerve.

19 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

It's embarrassing how blasé and complacent some of our fans are about chucking away a near 20 point lead over 3rd place. Saying things like we will go unbeaten from now when there is no evidence at present to support that.

The Leeds support was shit until the last 10 minutes. The difference was they decided to go all out attack and make chances whilst we sat back. Are they technically a better side than us, no, but are they better at winning football matches at present, yes. Any set of fans will get behind that, we did last week against Boro.

I dont care about dominating games, missing chances or shit refs. The simple basic is don't conceed 3 goals, if you conceed 3 goals, you lose football matches. 

We didn't sit back? We dominated them for 80 minutes, got done over by an abysmal bit of refereeing and missed chances then collapsed in their late flurry. They wouldn't have even had three goals if Dakas isn't wrongly disallowed, they'd have collapsed and we'd have won by 4 or more. Our fans just need to get a grip and stop throwing these childish strops every time a bit of luck doesn't go our way 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

We didn't sit back? We dominated them for 80 minutes, got done over by an abysmal bit of refereeing and missed chances then collapsed in their late flurry. They wouldn't have even had three goals if Dakas isn't wrongly disallowed, they'd have collapsed and we'd have won by 4 or more. Our fans just need to get a grip and stop throwing these childish strops every time a bit of luck doesn't go our way 

Let's see where we are After the next 5 games.

The teams just below us thought it was a fight for 2nd place, now they know we have been reeled back so it now a fight for the top 2.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

We clearly did sit back after subs, with respect if we didn't sit back, how were they in our half and how did they score 3 goal?

I get maybe 1-1, but 3-1 in the last 10 minutes, that's the facts and the result regardlessof other factors. We shouldn't be losing any game after being 1-0 up for 80 minutes imo. We've done it 2 times this year now! The likes of Ipswich make their own look by not resting on their laurels and thinking they are too good. 

This was the whole benefit of the buffer, for when this happened. Leeds have won 9 in a row, we've lost 3 and drew 1 in that time. And at the end of these runs...the gap is still 6.

Now is the time to refocus and get the job done, which I still believe we will pretty comfortably.

13 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

Bottling it? cos we lost 2 in a row, 

we had enough chances in both these games to win them twice over

the over reaction on here

Agree....We're in for a scrap but that's good because cruising this league will make us softer. If we were fighting level points with 3 or 4 others, every single point counted, maybe our intensity would be more focused. 

10 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

It's embarrassing how blasé and complacent some of our fans are about chucking away a near 20 point lead over 3rd place. Saying things like we will go unbeaten from now when there is no evidence at present to support that.

The Leeds support was shit until the last 10 minutes. The difference was they decided to go all out attack and make chances whilst we sat back. Are they technically a better side than us, no, but are they better at winning football matches at present, yes. Any set of fans will get behind that, we did last week against Boro.

Do you realise how insane your expectation levels are?

You're basically saying we should win EVERY game! You a Verstappen fanboy by any chance?

Where's the recognition of building up a huge lead in the first place? Does it matter if we get promoted 1 point ahead of third or 35 points? The net result is the same. We still have a huge lead at this stage of the season. 

You saying there is no evidence is the most facepalm moment in the entire post. We had the exact same sequence of results a couple of months ago, against the same effing opposition (seriously, what's with the goldfish level brains on here?), only to go on another great run.

The worst part is that this kind of thinking is the opposite of what is needed. As supporters you want to support and show some confidence in the team. Nervousness can spread from the stands to the pitch and what good will that do?

I sincerely hope the same folks don't act in the same way To their children, colleagues or family & friends.

No. Leeds are a decent team and we bossed that game for 80mins. The majority of this league aren't anywhere near our level so we'll win enough to keep going and finish top 

11 minutes ago, shen said:

Do you realise how insane your expectation levels are?

You're basically saying we should win EVERY game! You a Verstappen fanboy by any chance?

Where's the recognition of building up a huge lead in the first place? Does it matter if we get promoted 1 point ahead of third or 35 points? The net result is the same. We still have a huge lead at this stage of the season. 

You saying there is no evidence is the most facepalm moment in the entire post. We had the exact same sequence of results a couple of months ago, against the same effing opposition (seriously, what's with the goldfish level brains on here?), only to go on another great run.

The worst part is that this kind of thinking is the opposite of what is needed. As supporters you want to support and show some confidence in the team. Nervousness can spread from the stands to the pitch and what good will that do?

I sincerely hope the same folks don't act in the same way To their children, colleagues or family & friends.

I'm not saying we should win every game. I am saying we shouldn't conceed 3 goals in the last 10 minute twice in a 2 month period, entirely different things. Had we lost and been played off the park by Leeds fair enough but we are clearly a better technical side lacking in the mental strength not to lose (not win) that game despite what the football gods or Leeds threw at us. After the crsp refereeing and misses it was inevitable Leeds would do what they did, we weren't prepared.

The is recognition of building up up a huge lead, the disappointment is we are squandering that work now. 6 points or 2 wins away from 3 other teams this afternoon, let that sink in.

The facepalm part is where you think just because we beat a team at home or under no pressure we are suddenly gonna walzt in to their manor and take the 3 points this time, football doesnt work like that. Leeds and Southampton have been playing under pressure all season and certainly Leeds are delivering. We are now the hunted and I'm not sure this lot like being hunted.(you tell me with your thinking we will just turn up and win the reverse fixtures (becoz we did before) about goldfish level thinking...give it a wobble!). And try to reign in the offensive assumptions because you disagree aye? 

It's hard to have confidence in a team that throws away 1-0 leads at 80 minutes twice in big pressure games to be honest. If your roof blew off your house every time the wind blew you would have a reason to be worried about wind! I'm fully behind the team, I acknowledge they play song very good football but we have a major weakness mentally, there is not much fans can do about that. For clubs like us you either get technical weak players or strong cloggers, the technical strong players don't often play for Leicester. 

I also hope the same. It would be very worrying if every disagreement in opinion ended with the other side making claims about the intelligence of the other. 

Of course I hope I am proved wrong but to pretend I'm am not concerned about and near 20 point lead over 3rd diminishing to 6 points would be ludicrous. I remember the same happy clappers telling me the same in 20 and 21 seasons when when squandered a champions league spot. The next thing will be I'm entitled, and we should be happy with 5th we are 'little leicester'.

We never win in 2015/16 if the players have that kind of shitty mentality, talking about what we have done rather than what we are going to do and need to do and the reality of the situation. Bury your head at your peril. 

No we will not bottle it.

We will continue to be flat track bullies and get more than enough points via that route to win the league.

This season not getting results against the few decent teams in this league isn't going to hurt us.

It will next season if we don't do a lot of work, personnel and mentality wise in the summer, but let's worry about that after this season is done.

• Like 2

The fear I have is that there are players in this squad where in the past we’ve expected a reaction and got absolutely nothing. Even last year, every time we collapsed we’d spend a week in anger and when match day came, filled with hope we’d see some bollocks. We got nothing. Cov away happened a month ago. Not a thing learnt. That’s the fear. We WILL collapse again. That’s guaranteed because they’ve consistently done it. There’s no guarantee that we will just see it through. 

I think the summer, regardless of what happens is to purge anyone who was signed during the Rodgers era. Too weak and embarrassing. Guys like Daka and Vestegaard (back heel in your own six yard box) do certain things well but they’re weak cowardly mentally means we can replace. 

You concede and do everything to draw that game yesterday. Not completely collapse and succumb to an embarrassing defeat. That’s a mentality thing. 

Do I think we will bottle it ? Title, yes. Automatic promotion ? Depends on the next 3 results. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

All spot on. This is a forum  and at any point in time you tend to get those with the strongest views dominating at any time. It rarely reflects the views of the majority and that’s why you see such swings and not a city full of bipolar fans.

The majority view seemed to be we would get beaten by Leeds last night. It turned out to be true but that performance was better than even I expected.  I feel more bitter than I expected this morning that we lost that one and we can’t let our heads drop like that when things turn against us. But I am also enthused by the quality of performance last night. For the large majority of the game we were clearly the better of the top two team in this division. Carry that on and we are back in the prem. 

Edited by Supergray22

14 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I'm not saying we should win every game. I am saying we shouldn't conceed 3 goals in the last 10 minute twice in a 2 month period, entirely different things. Had we lost and been played off the park by Leeds fair enough but we are clearly a better technical side lacking in the mental strength not to lose (not win) that game despite what the football gods or Leeds threw at us. After the crsp refereeing and misses it was inevitable Leeds would do what they did, we weren't prepared.

True, we shouldn't. We ARE responsible for throwing away those leads to some degree. There are circumstancial factors (red card, officials) at play too, but we agree.

I do think we have been severely punished for minor mistakes and we cannot expect to control the full 90 minutes like some do when they say we sit back and perform 'game management'. 

The is recognition of building up up a huge lead, the disappointment is we are squandering that work now. 6 points or 2 wins away from 3 other teams this afternoon, let that sink in.

The facepalm part is where you think just because we beat a team at home or under no pressure we are suddenly gonna walzt in to their manor and take the 3 points this time, football doesnt work like that. Leeds and Southampton have been playing under pressure all season and certainly Leeds are delivering. We are now the hunted and I'm not sure this lot like being hunted.(you tell me with your thinking we will just turn up and win the reverse fixtures (becoz we did before) about goldfish level thinking...give it a wobble!). And try to reign in the offensive assumptions because you disagree aye? 

It's wrong to say we haven't been under pressure. We've been under great pressure from the start and we've handled it well in general. You asked for evidence when it was right there staring at you the whole time. What evidence is there that we will surrender our position?

It's hard to have confidence in a team that throws away 1-0 leads at 80 minutes twice in big pressure games to be honest. If your roof blew off your house every time the wind blew you would have a reason to be worried about wind! I'm fully behind the team, I acknowledge they play song very good football but we have a major weakness mentally, there is not much fans can do about that. For clubs like us you either get technical weak players or strong cloggers, the technical strong players don't often play for Leicester. 

If our league only comprised Leeds, Boro and Ipswich, then sure, I'd be worried too. But that's not the case, and we still outplayed all those sides on balance over 90 minutes. We've bounced back from our previous mini blip and I have no reason to think we won't do that again.

I also hope the same. It would be very worrying if every disagreement in opinion ended with the other side making claims about the intelligence of the other. 

Of course I hope I am proved wrong but to pretend I'm am not concerned about and near 20 point lead over 3rd diminishing to 6 points would be ludicrous. I remember the same happy clappers telling me the same in 20 and 21 seasons when when squandered a champions league spot. The next thing will be I'm entitled, and we should be happy with 5th we are 'little leicester'.

So as suspected, our past is a big reason for why you feel as you do. I can understand that. But let me ask, in what way can you as a supporter help the team?

We never win in 2015/16 if the players have that kind of shitty mentality, talking about what we have done rather than what we are going to do and need to do and the reality of the situation. Bury your head at your peril. 

It's ironic as you are pointing to the past in very much the same way to show that we will fail. Fearmongering is debilitating and I'd much rather see the frustration and passion fuelling a response from the crowd as well as the team.