Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Bournemouth (a)

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

So it looks like it will be:

Stolarczyk 

Cover

Coady

Vestergaard 

Doyle

Choudhury

Yunus

Praet

Albrighton

Cannon

Wanya

With a mix of some youth and experienced players on the bench. It all depends on then how strong Bournemouth go. I’d love to see us return to winning ways, or at least put up a fight. If Bournemouth also make 8+ changes then it becomes a more even battle and which players want to step up and battle for their first team place.

I’m going for a sneaky 1-0 win Tom Cannon thunderbolt

I suspect Nelson will play RB rather than Cover.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lestuhfox said:

Can you imagine a 6th round tie against the lot down the M69?

Every reason to go for it.

Go as far as we can. 

Could you imagine a 6th former daring to have those thoughts…

1 hour ago, FosseSpark said:

Stolarczyk

Choudhury Coady Nelson Doyle

Winks

Praet Alves Yunus

Cannon Iheanacho

9 changes, not a bad side actually 

Alves is out for a month and Winks hasn't travelled with the squad. The rest looks plausible.

3 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Really disappointed. What was the point in the Millwall and Birmingham games?

You can call it “an exciting opportunity” for youngsters but what if they get hammered by a Premier League team? What about the 2000 going all the way to ****ing Bournemouth to watch our reserves get dispatched?

Yeah, I hope the club refund the fans as were going to get walloped unless Bournemouth play their kids.

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The point is he's done exactly the same in both of those games as well. 

Not to this extent and they were against lower opposition. We could be in for a drubbing here. 

I get the fear around injuries to key players, but this feels like we’re throwing it completely.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Really disappointed. What was the point in the Millwall and Birmingham games?

You can call it “an exciting opportunity” for youngsters but what if they get hammered by a Premier League team? What about the 2000 going all the way to ****ing Bournemouth to watch our reserves get dispatched?

The point is really it’s our second choice competition this season, IF we had won against Middlesbrough and Leeds and we were sitting with a 12 point lead at the top of the Championship, then we would have put out a much stronger team and maybe looked to take on this competition with promotion all but secured.

As we lost those two games, this game can no longer take any sort of priority. Between now a the 1/4 final we play 3 games, if we get through and win all 3 games in the league. Then we can think about going stronger in the quarters.

I really don’t have an issue with us fielding a team that ultimately protects our key players but also gives an opportunity to fringe/squad and academy prospects to stake a claim and show what they are capable of.

We have seen this season a far bigger appetite to promote academy prospects and this has certainly had a very positive impact with a number of academy players getting decent opportunities and generally showing an ability to step up and play at a higher level.

Given our FFP situation, it is absolutely necessary that we find a way to develop a conveyor belt of academy players that we nurture and promote to the 1st team squad and eventually sell on for significant profit. 

• Like 1

I love the cup as much as anyone but losing the last two has shifted the feel of the season completely, we now can't afford the distraction unfortuantely. 

Shame becasue the buffer we had built up meant that we could have given it a decent go. 

See a few of you ill individuals down here later. If it's any consultation almost all the raodworks on the journey have gone now. Get you foot down and it's 2 hours 45 from Leicester. 

Can't believe in throwing a game. Ever. Especially when a win here would see us into the quarter finals, then who knows what might happen (we could end up with Cov!?).

Bournemouth was always going to be a tough game but it's pointless if we're going with a reserve team. It would have been a good chance to see where we are as well, considering these are Premier League opponents. 

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Can't believe in throwing a game. Ever. Especially when a win here would see us into the quarter finals, then who knows what might happen (we could end up with Cov!?).

Bournemouth was always going to be a tough game but it's pointless if we're going with a reserve team. It would have been a good chance to see where we are as well, considering these are Premier League opponents. 

Would it though? Bournemouth might make some changes, meaning it isn't quite the acid test that people want.

Also, what if we both go full strength and we beat them? What does that really mean? That we are Premier League quality? Great, no signings required in the summer then.

The best chance to see where we are is to achieve our objective of winning promotion.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Please no, I can't deal with another big game flop. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Would it though? Bournemouth might make some changes, meaning it isn't quite the acid test that people want.

Also, what if we both go full strength and we beat them? What does that really mean? That we are Premier League quality? Great, no signings required in the summer then.

The best chance to see where we are is to achieve our objective of winning promotion.

Might do, especially mentally. Of course beating them doesn't mean we're a Premier League team, in fact I think we're far from it, but in Cup games who knows. Anything happens.

Some of these comments are insanity. Why the hell would we care about the FA Cup at this point? We literally need to get promoted, so rest everyone we can. We won the FA Cup not long ago, we won't be winning it this season, its really not rocket science. 

Had we actually switched on for 90 minutes against Leeds, or Middlesbrough for example, I might think differently but the reality is we can't consider this now, the game is a hindrance!

2 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Some of these comments are insanity. Why the hell would we care about the FA Cup at this point? We literally need to get promoted, so rest everyone we can. We won the FA Cup not long ago, we won't be winning it this season, its really not rocket science. 

Had we actually switched on for 90 minutes against Leeds, or Middlesbrough for example, I might think differently but the reality is we can't consider this now, the game is a hindrance!

I hope the team does not have this 'we won't be winning it this season' mentality. Why not forfeit in the first round? Whole point of the FA cup is that anyone can win it. I'm not crazy I know that it is likely we will lose tonight, but upsets are always possible. Promotion is the main priority but we cannot call the players mentality weak if fans are going to say competitions like the fa cup have no purpose for us because it is unlikely we win it

• Like 3