Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Bournemouth (a)

5 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Some of these comments are insanity. Why the hell would we care about the FA Cup at this point? We literally need to get promoted, so rest everyone we can. We won the FA Cup not long ago, we won't be winning it this season, its really not rocket science. 

Had we actually switched on for 90 minutes against Leeds, or Middlesbrough for example, I might think differently but the reality is we can't consider this now, the game is a hindrance!

Shouldn't have entered the competition then should we.

Believing is what football is about. Do I think we will win the FA Cup? No. Do I want to believe it? Yes.

If fans didn't have dreams then football would be dead.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Trev3939 said:

I hope the team does not have this 'we won't be winning it this season' mentality. Why not forfeit in the first round? Whole point of the FA cup is that anyone can win it. I'm not crazy I know that it is likely we will lose tonight, but upsets are always possible. Promotion is the main priority but we cannot call the players mentality weak if fans are going to say competitions like the fa cup have no purpose for us because it is unlikely we win it

Unfortunately mate, you can't be helped if this is what you believe. It's plausible that we play a strong team tonight, get injuries (or fatigue due to travel) and then drop more points to QPR and then don't get promoted and it'll be the biggest disaster in our recent history and have long lasting effect on the trajectory of this club. He's played the kids every round and at some point we'll draw Man City or Liverpool and lose. It's literally an irrelevance THIS season whether you like it or not!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Shouldn't have entered the competition then should we.

Believing is what football is about. Do I think we will win the FA Cup? No. Do I want to believe it? Yes.

If fans didn't have dreams then football would be dead.

It was clear Enzo wasn't that bothered last round yet we accidently got through vs Brums first XI.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Can't believe in throwing a game. Ever. Especially when a win here would see us into the quarter finals, then who knows what might happen (we could end up with Cov!?).

Bournemouth was always going to be a tough game but it's pointless if we're going with a reserve team. It would have been a good chance to see where we are as well, considering these are Premier League opponents. 

The heavily rotated team won against Birmingham. We are not throwing the game, just having to rotate for obvious reasons. I wish we were in a position to go full strength too, and if we were mid table prem we likely would be, but i'm not going to begrudge the club or Enzo rotating today. After Blackburn beat us last season, it didn't propel them into the play offs. There are bigger things at play unfortunately.

Oddly, im a little more confident that with a bit of luck we might get something today. They have had a poor run of results and i would like to hope our rotated lads are up for this. Also, a back line of Doyle, Vesty, Nelson and Coady is hardly 'sh1te'.

• Like 2

I don't know, we're two wins away from Wembley. I would have loved it if we gave it a proper go today. I know league is more important but if someone asked us at the beginning of the season if we'd take a 6 point lead at the top and a cup run we'd snap their hands off

1 minute ago, Trekerz said:

I don't know, we're two wins away from Wembley. I would have loved it if we gave it a proper go today. I know league is more important but if someone asked us at the beginning of the season if we'd take a 6 point lead at the top and a cup run we'd snap their hands off

There is such thing as "context" though. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Unfortunately mate, you can't be helped if this is what you believe. It's plausible that we play a strong team tonight, get injuries (or fatigue due to travel) and then drop more points to QPR and then don't get promoted and it'll be the biggest disaster in our recent history and have long lasting effect on the trajectory of this club. He's played the kids every round and at some point we'll draw Man City or Liverpool and lose. It's literally an irrelevance THIS season whether you like it or not!

If it was an irrelevance we would not have tried to win which we clearly did in the previous two rounds. The club cares about it, I'm not stupid I know promotion is much more important. Saying that there is no chance of winning the competition is what I object to because any team left has a chance to win it. Not saying we should go for it and play a strong team. Just think those who criticise the players mentality need to question their own first

4 minutes ago, Trev3939 said:

If it was an irrelevance we would not have tried to win which we clearly did in the previous two rounds. The club cares about it, I'm not stupid I know promotion is much more important. Saying that there is no chance of winning the competition is what I object to because any team left has a chance to win it. Not saying we should go for it and play a strong team. Just think those who criticise the players mentality need to question their own first

We played severely weakened teams in the last two rounds too. The team Enzo picks tonight will be entirely consistent with that approach. He won't be doing anything differently.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

We played severely weakened teams in the last two rounds too. The team Enzo picks tonight will be entirely consistent with that approach. He won't be doing anything differently.

Very fair point. 

7 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Some of these comments are insanity. Why the hell would we care about the FA Cup at this point? We literally need to get promoted, so rest everyone we can. We won the FA Cup not long ago, we won't be winning it this season, its really not rocket science. 

Had we actually switched on for 90 minutes against Leeds, or Middlesbrough for example, I might think differently but the reality is we can't consider this now, the game is a hindrance!

Yes I agree complete insanity…Its not rocket science…

The fan is a fan is a fan…

A player however has his whole career to think about,

which these next few days could make or break him in football circles,

or suddenly quit playing football today or weekend,or during the season,

because of injury.

Its his,and the whole squads duty to club AND SELF,to compete in

every single competition..and not play silly Buggar like weird proposals from

within the fan-base…Not one player is worth his salt if he won’t or can’t  turn up

prepared for the next game…

This airy-fairy trying to play with ifs,shoulds,could, is only something that can come from within a fan base,because a player can’t afford to have on his CV he only plays when it suits him or for a corrupt manager,which often  changes jobs every 5 minutes…

Though some will never reach a final,they all want platforms of performances, that keep him as first choice,and create a successfull squad memories,for present club or future club shop window…

Its morally corrupt dereliction of duty has a profi-sportsman,doing otherwise.

Where snowflake fans,would be the first to disown him,if he pulls out of a tackle,

or let someone conveniently win the ball and contest….because that is what

some of you are actually  abdicating and suggesting…

Also Known has cheating others…!!

It abhors me has an ex-high performance athlete and sportsman,that people suggest it,even in what they believe is softer undertones…:@

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

So what,we tried the right way..!!

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Stollers

Cover Nelson Coady Doyle

Hamza 

Albrighton Yunus Praet Wanya

Nacho for a laugh

Cannon needs the game time. How about dropping Nacho into Praet's position? I think Praet will be needed in the QPR game.

1st live game since Covid due to my Dad having to give up his season ticket due to age, became friendly with a bloke who lives near us (Maidenhead) and he turns out to be a Leicester STH and managed to get me a ticket for tonight and even better he has offered to drive! not expecting much result wise but a few beers on the journey and hopefully a decent atmosphere will do for me!

• Like 1

Same people moaning about the changes will be going mental if we lose Ricardo, KDH or Winks to a long term injury. We'd probably then throw promotion as well with how utterly useless we are in any high stakes games.

Play the kids and 2nd string. I say this as something setting off for Bournemouth in 4 hours.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Can't believe in throwing a game. Ever. Especially when a win here would see us into the quarter finals, then who knows what might happen (we could end up with Cov!?).

Bournemouth was always going to be a tough game but it's pointless if we're going with a reserve team. It would have been a good chance to see where we are as well, considering these are Premier League opponents. 

I think we know roughly where we're at tbh and I doubt Bournemouth will be fielding a full strength side either so bang goes that argument. If they're still in the Premiership next year then we need to get promoted to play them again. We're not going to do that by fielding some of our already overused better players who are showing signs of fatigue who risk injury. 

Our squad next year in any case, out of necessity is likely to look quite a bit different, Enzo has already alluded to that. QPR on Saturday is far more important in our situation than what is no more in the circumstances than a mid week jolly.

• Thanks 1

I'm normally really up for us giving it everything in the cup but for once I think we take the less adventurous option and rotate.  A big loss against a bogey team doesn't then impact morale as much as it could if our first eleven take a beating.

Also need to avoid injuries to our key players for the run in.

Pains me to say it but we need to prioritise the league.