Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Bournemouth (a)

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There is such thing as "context" though. 

For me in football fixtures and duty,context always fits.

There are no silly or clever Buggar situations..

Though a manager can be canny…

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Shouldn't have entered the competition then should we.

Believing is what football is about. Do I think we will win the FA Cup? No. Do I want to believe it? Yes.

If fans didn't have dreams then football would be dead.

How can you not enter the competition? That's not possible. It is a shame that the last 2 results have made it a necessity to rest players. Had we won the last 2 or even drawn with Leeds, then we could play a full strength side and not worry. Right now, our league form/results are the priority seeing as both Ipswich and Leeds are 6 points behind us and in much better form than us. 

• Like 4

Completely understand why we are making changes for this. Can't help but feel a win at Leeds would have led to a strong side playing and a really interesting match. Shame, makes me even more raging at the Leeds result (still not over it).

As it is, be good to see some players get game time, especially Nelson and Cannon, but can see a 3-1 loss.

I’d rather fully rotate than lose even one of Winks, KDH, Ricardo, Faes etc to a pointless injury in a game we’ve got a good chance of losing regardless. I think they’ll go pretty strong, but we can’t take the risk. I know we all like to romanticise the FA Cup and a good run, but frankly getting over the line and securing promotion is far more important not only to our sanity but also the future of the club. 

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I just know there are people wanting a weak team that have berated big teams for not taking cups seriously in the past :D

Why would any Leicester supporter care about 'big teams' not taking the cup seriously in games that don't involve us? It's no concern of ours.

• Like 3

How about winning tonight and then going on to bag the title.

The cup was our holy grail.

We won it in unusual circumstances  with 6000 of us at the final and none at the semi.

Weve not attended a semi since 82.

We messed up last year at this stage to go a step nearer to putting that right. Let's not mess up tonight.

It's Bournemouth ffs. We can do them. They aint won for something  like 6 games.

• Like 2

Fun fact I found out while checking where we are on TV tonight (iPlayer). Us, Bournemouth, Wolves and Brighton get 55k for being on iPlayer. All the other teams get 125k because the Beeb and ITV like to slurp all over the big 6. Another little big 6 bonus to keep things financially "fair".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lestuhfox said:

How about winning tonight and then going on to bag the title.

The cup was our holy grail.

We won it in unusual circumstances  with 6000 of us at the final and none at the semi.

Weve not attended a semi since 82.

We messed up last year at this stage to go a step nearer to putting that right. Let's not mess up tonight.

It's Bournemouth ffs. We can do them. They aint won for something  like 6 games.

I assume the intention is to win. We're just going to try to do that with our reserve side. 

Come on Leicester 

this isn't top of our list I get that but I would still love us to get through another round of the FA Cup

i mean we did win it in 2021 

before we disgracefully relinquished being holders by losing against the red scum the following season

We all understand the choice and the priorty.

But they are definitely under more pressure than we are,  given there run of form. It's a free shot for us.

I just hope whatever Team Enzo puts out goes for it because they are very beatable. And a win would be a great boost for moral and payback.

I still haven't forgot when they done the double over us a few seasons ago.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Why would any Leicester supporter care about 'big teams' not taking the cup seriously in games that don't involve us? It's no concern of ours.

Well I know there are some people that aren't interested in football but weirdly follow Leicester.

However a lot of people are football fans and have opinions on the game outside of our club. Within this group of people, there will be those that have complained about teams not taking the cups seriously. It's always been a fairly common viewpoint of football fans

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Well I know there are some people that aren't interested in football but weirdly follow Leicester.

However a lot of people are football fans and have opinions on the game outside of our club. Within this group of people, there will be those that have complained about teams not taking the cups seriously. It's always been a fairly common viewpoint of football fans

Oh sure. When we name our starting 11 tonight, you just know that there will be people on social media, and probably a few pundits, slagging us off for disrespecting the competition. I personally couldn't care less though: we have our own priorities and are under no obligation to please anybody else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orangecity23 said:

Fun fact I found out while checking where we are on TV tonight (iPlayer). Us, Bournemouth, Wolves and Brighton get 55k for being on iPlayer. All the other teams get 125k because the Beeb and ITV like to slurp all over the big 6. Another little big 6 bonus to keep things financially "fair".

Another fun fact that I just found out....we will have VAR back tonight, as its a Premier League ground. FA Cup rules.

• Haha 2

I think it's worth going for. The team is in a rut, and defeating a premier league side would give us a shot in the arm. We have a plenty deep squad, so I think we can afford to rotate and field teams with enough talent to win against Bournemouth & QPR.

13 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Stolarczyk

Cover

Coady

Vesty

Doyle

Hamza

Praet

Yunus

Wanya

Cannon

Albrighton

Not what I want, but what I think is most likely.

Isn’t Yunus on the naughty step or rather won’t be selected as we don’t want to sign him ? Maybe swap with McAteer . I wouldn’t bother with Wanya so probably Abdul ?

Just now, surrifox said:

Isn’t Yunus on the naughty step or rather won’t be selected as we don’t want to sign him ? Maybe swap with McAteer . I wouldn’t bother with Wanya so probably Abdul ?

No. Yunus would need to start 25 games for the obligation to buy to kick in, and that's not going to happen.

4 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I think Kasey is likely injured based on yesterday's press conference.  I would actually play Fatawu and not Wanya. Think you still need someone from the 1st choice front 3 on there and he is the one more likely to cause issues.

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

No. Yunus would need to start 25 games for the obligation to buy to kick in, and that's not going to happen.

Yeah think he's had 8 starts all comps so he can't meet the obligation with only 12 league games left (unless of course we go far in FA cup and he starts every game, and also we end up in the play offs and he starts).

Edited by TheGoldenGod

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Is that confirmed? If so then not playing him makes sense for the last couple of months, becasue now we can play him as much as we like without worrying about hitting the threshold. 

• Like 1