Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Bournemouth (a)

4 hours ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Some of these comments are insanity. Why the hell would we care about the FA Cup at this point? We literally need to get promoted, so rest everyone we can. We won the FA Cup not long ago, we won't be winning it this season, its really not rocket science. 

Had we actually switched on for 90 minutes against Leeds, or Middlesbrough for example, I might think differently but the reality is we can't consider this now, the game is a hindrance!

You can take the cup seriously (including making changes) and get promoted.

As always, I'm sure you'd free up your ticket if we scrape through, draw Cov and get to Wembley seeing as it means nothing to you. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

You can take the cup seriously (including making changes) and get promoted.

As always, I'm sure you'd free up your ticket if we scrape through, draw Cov and get to Wembley seeing as it means nothing to you. 

Yeah in 1931, West Bromwich Albion did it......and no one else. Wake up fella :D. Also I never said the players fielded wouldn't give it their all, I expect the reserves to show something! Doesn't mean it'll be enough against Bournemouth. Plain and simply put, its not a priority, end of!

After successive league defeats we could do with a good show tonight to get a bit of confidence back. If we got a result that would give us a bit of momentum for the final push. I thought we actually played to a high level for 90% of the match on Friday. If we do that again then this will be a close game and with a bit of the luck that we didn’t get against Leeds we could win this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

Stolarczyk

Cover

Coady

Vesty

Doyle

Hamza

Praet

Yunus

Wanya

Cannon

Albrighton

Not what I want, but what I think is most likely.

I think you are right. Feel bad for fans who are travelling a long way to the game tonight. As we live in London, I did think about getting tickets for my boys and I; very glad that I didn't bother now. Just hope we don't get an absolute pasting.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

If not already posted

VAR is back

As a result, Championship sides playing away to Premier League sides such as Leeds, Leicester and Southampton will see VAR in their matches for the first time since the three clubs dropped out of the top flight last season.

Should any fifth-round matches finish level after 90 minutes, extra time and, if necessary, penalties will be used to decide the tie. No replays are in place from the fifth round onwards.

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

If not already posted

VAR is back

As a result, Championship sides playing away to Premier League sides such as Leeds, Leicester and Southampton will see VAR in their matches for the first time since the three clubs dropped out of the top flight last season.

Should any fifth-round matches finish level after 90 minutes, extra time and, if necessary, penalties will be used to decide the tie. No replays are in place from the fifth round onwards.

Maybe Fatawu shouldn't play.

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

If not already posted

VAR is back

We’re f****d . 

56 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I love how Foxestalk accounts know the intricacies of Yunus's loan contract. You don't know, stop speculating.

“Intricacies” ?  Maybe not , but I’m  pretty sure that the broad terms were made known at the time he was signed . I think from a source in Turkey which may not necessarily be reliable of course 

2 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

Let's say we win today. Will people still want to play a weak team in the Quarter final, one win away from Wembley?

Context is important. Will depend where we are in the table.

• Like 4

Had time to think about this one and now I don’t really know. Are we damned if we do and damned if we don’t? As in playing our 1st team? 

haven’t the players got us into this pickle?

they should be the ones to yank themselves out of it. If they could vote how many would say a resounding yes to playing?

KDH would be top of that list. He is one of us and was livid losing on Friday. He will wanna put this right asap! I get the worries of incurring injuries and tiring key players out but right now our confidence is dented no doubt. The dreaded 80th minute is like a curse. Many of these players will be fearing self destruct no matter how well they are playing in the game. Similar to last season as soon we conceded a corner kick you can sense impending doom. Really bizarre stuff. Like some mass psychotic event envelopes the players. Enzo has to find a way to banish that hoodoo or we are gonna bottle this season entirely. It is a real problem now

Looking forward to seeing if Silko Thomas makes an appearance tonight. We need wide options in case Mavididi and Fatawu are injured or out of form.

He may not be 'ready' now but sometimes being thrown in can be the thing that makes a player ready.

Big game for Wanya potentially too.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

If not already posted

VAR is back

HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Maybe Fatawu shouldn't play.

At all, at the moment. Really stagnated and offered very little for weeks on end now. Less time on Instagram and more concentrating on development, Abdul.

If we had any form of suitable alternative he'd have been getting splinters in his arse. 

9 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

At all, at the moment. Really stagnated and offered very little for weeks on end now. Less time on Instagram and more concentrating on development, Abdul.

If we had any form of suitable alternative he'd have been getting splinters in his arse. 

Well that’s certainly an opinion. 

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Oh sure. When we name our starting 11 tonight, you just know that there will be people on social media, and probably a few pundits, slagging us off for disrespecting the competition. I personally couldn't care less though: we have our own priorities and are under no obligation to please anybody else.

I agree, I was just pointing out hypocrisy really :D

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Had time to think about this one and now I don’t really know. Are we damned if we do and damned if we don’t? As in playing our 1st team? 

haven’t the players got us into this pickle?

they should be the ones to yank themselves out of it. If they could vote how many would say a resounding yes to playing?

KDH would be top of that list. He is one of us and was livid losing on Friday. He will wanna put this right asap! I get the worries of incurring injuries and tiring key players out but right now our confidence is dented no doubt. The dreaded 80th minute is like a curse. Many of these players will be fearing self destruct no matter how well they are playing in the game. Similar to last season as soon we conceded a corner kick you can sense impending doom. Really bizarre stuff. Like some mass psychotic event envelopes the players. Enzo has to find a way to banish that hoodoo or we are gonna bottle this season entirely. It is a real problem now

Players got us into this pickle? They're also the ones who got us 6 points clear at the top of the league with 12 games to go

• Like 2

Usually playing a scratch side against better opposition you could cling to the hope of keeping it tight and maybe hitting the opposition on the break.

However knowing our manager is inflexible in his approach, it's a shame tonight has the air of inevitability that we'll take a bashing. We got lucky against Millwall and Birmingham both games we should have been 3 or 4 down at half time.

Can't imaging we'll be let off the hook quite so easily tonight and it could be 4 or 5 by half time.

On the plus side, if you're into bashing bookies, it's quite a little opportunity.

• Like 1