Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Bournemouth (a)

Wrong game at the wrong time. 

Play close to your best team and we're potentially knackered for the QPR game. Play a weaker side to rest players for the league and it could turn into 3 losses in a row. 

Don't envy Enzo's position. 

• Like 2

With Vestergaard banned for 2 league games I'd bring in Coady for him for this game too.

His leadership you'd think would improve our mentality at this stage of the season.

He also needs game time and is more comfortable in the middle of the 3.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Play close to your best team and we're potentially knackered for the QPR game. Play a weaker side to rest players for the league and it could turn into 3 losses in a row. 

I actually think the fact we've lost two matches going into this further reinforces the need to make changes. If we were going into this match in good form I'd be worried about a defeat knocking our momentum, but as it stands we don't really have any momentum.

I'd be making lots of changes and even leaving some players at home. No point them travelling all the way down to Bournemouth to sit on the bench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

If he plays a weakened team and we lose, the squad will understand why we lost. It's hard to imagine the first team players would be too demoralised by the second string losing a cup game away at a Premier League club. All the focus would immediately switch to the weekend. We'd have lost the opportunity to progress in the cup, which would be a shame, but we'd soon get over it.

However if we played a full-strength team tomorrow and a couple of our key players got serious injuries, that could potentially result in us missing out on promotion. And that could have repurcussions for many years to come. It would be disastrous.

It's no contest, really.

• Like 3

Enzo Maresca Pre-Match Press Conference vs Bournemouth

Maresca on injury latest with Vardy potentially out for a fortnight

“Jamie’s injured. Wilf’s injured. Kasey had some problems and we don’t know if he’s available. I think that’s enough. They said to me it could be one week (for Vardy), 10 days, two weeks.”

Maresca reflects on Leeds loss and vows not to change anything

“You cannot think to win every game. Now it’s gone so we can focus on the next game.”

“Immediately after the game, it’s normal to be upset. I like to analyse the performance. Sometimes you lose games you don’t deserve to. I was upset because we lost but at the same time the performance was very, very good for 80 minutes.”

“We don’t need to change anything. We need to improve things. But change, no.”

Maresca to rotate heavily at Bournemouth but insists team will be strong

“We are going to make nine, 10, 11 changes. We have more players who deserve their chance. We don’t need to prove anything in terms of we lost the other day. We just need to make our best.”

“We go strong. We make 11 changes and go strong.”

Not a game to compare City against Premier League opposition

“It could be something very important. We will prepare the game in the best way, but they will do the same.”

“It’s a special competition. We are trying to prepare the game in the best way possible.”

“I don’t think it’s the right thing to do (use Bournemouth as a yardstick of progress) because you can’t compare. If we win we are ready for the Premier League, if we lose we are not ready. That’s completely wrong. Next season, both teams could have different squads.”

On AFC Bournemouth

"They are very aggressive, they are man-to-man orientated, against any team. They are very intense, and on the ball they try to play every time, so it will be a nice game."

On Andoni Iraola

"I know that he’s doing good work now, also in Spain he did very well. I faced him many times as a player, now we are both a little bit older so we have changed a little bit."

Edited by moore_94

3 minutes ago, Winchesterfox said:

Hoping for a strong team v Bournemouth.    We should be fine playing the 21st team in the table at home five days later. 

You will be disappointed then...

Stolaryczyk 

Hamza Nelson Coady Doyle

Winks

Praet        Yunus

Albrighton                       Cannon

Iheanacho 

Absolutely no need to rotate so heavily. I can understand resting a couple but not 11 changes. We're playing qpr on Saturday who we should be able to beat with whatever side we pick.

4 minutes ago, adam said:

Absolutely no need to rotate so heavily. I can understand resting a couple but not 11 changes. We're playing qpr on Saturday who we should be able to beat with whatever side we pick.

A bit dammed if we do dammed if we dont though, cant take the risks now with injuries. We have 3 leagues games in a week coming up. It is just the QPR game to think about we have Sunderland 3 days later. 

Asking players to play 3 in a week when you dont need to is a bit mad at this point of the season. 

11 minutes ago, adam said:

Ask Southampton how easy they found it to beat milwall ………

1 minute ago, K789 said:

Surely yannick plays if he's out next 2 league games 

You’d think so but with centre backs, it’s not the same as midfielders or wingers. They can cope better with three games a week.  I’d be more inclined to have coady/nelson playing with whoever they’ll be next to on Saturday and Tuesday. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

A bit dammed if we do dammed if we dont though, cant take the risks now with injuries. We have 3 leagues games in a week coming up. It is just the QPR game to think about we have Sunderland 3 days later. 

Asking players to play 3 in a week when you dont need to is a bit mad at this point of the season. 

Just a bit depressing int it.

Half decent chance of getting into the 1/4 final of the FA Cup and were not bothered.

It'll be a tough night.

No reason for Bournemouth not to go full strength, could easily get themselves a nice semi final trip to Wembley this season and they're fine in the league.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Just a bit depressing int it.

Half decent chance of getting into the 1/4 final of the FA Cup and were not bothered.

Sadly we’ve fooked the opportunity over the last two fixtures 

if we’re 10 points ahead of Ipswich then we’d probably have a go 

Just now, AjcW said:

It'll be a tough night.

No reason for Bournemouth not to go full strength, could easily get themselves a nice semi final trip to Wembley this season and they're fine in the league.

They’ll make some changes

they have squad players that they need to keep happy 

but many of their squad players are better than our first teamers !

expecting a difficult evening as you say

playing out from the back against their high press may generate quite a responsive match thread …….