Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Bournemouth (a)

16 minutes ago, adam said:

Just a bit depressing int it.

Half decent chance of getting into the 1/4 final of the FA Cup and were not bothered.

If we'd have held on to win on Friday, tomorrow's team would have been much stronger. But that last 10-15mins completely changed how we approach the rest of the season.

Will Leeds and Southampton go full strength in their games?

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Tomorrow night depends on what Enzo's intentions are in the Cup and how he approaches the game. 

I do believe this game is very winable and would be a great boost for moral after Friday nights capitulation.

“We are going to make nine, 10, 11 changes" is the statement he made which tells you everything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Piss funny if we make that many changes and still win.

wouldnt be surprised if Bournemouth make an load of changes too. They have Burnley at the weekend and really need to start picking results up. They havent won in the league since boxing day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

wouldnt be surprised if Bournemouth make an load of changes too. They have Burnley at the weekend and really need to start picking results up. They havent won in the league since boxing day. 

Their next three league games are the bottom three sides, so they need to start picking up points to avoid getting in a relegation battle.

• Like 1

Christ, we got taken apart by two awful teams and somehow luckboxed our way through to this round.

Looks like it'll be 3 defeats on the spin with 1 being a loss to a rival and another being an absolute pasting, which I imagine won't be great for confidence at the club.

1 hour ago, adam said:

Just a bit depressing int it.

Half decent chance of getting into the 1/4 final of the FA Cup and were not bothered.

Situations dictate your approach to the cup. 

If we field our strongest 11, and lose Winks and Ricardo for the rest of the season, we’re screwed. 

Had we been 12 points clear, the game may have been viewed differently, but you have to put sentiments aside in situations like ours, we can’t afford to take a risk in the FA cup, just to satisfy the fans love affair for it. 

I’d love to have a proper go at Bournemouth, but given the last two results, we simply can’t do anything that will compromise our league position, we can’t afford to screw this up, the immediate future of this club depends on promotion. Get the job done, and think about this next season. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Situations dictate your approach to the cup. 

If we field our strongest 11, and lose Winks and Ricardo for the reason of the season, we’re screwed. 

Had we been 12 points clear, the game may have been viewed differently, but you have to put sentiments aside in situations like ours, we can’t afford to take a risk in the FA cup, just to satisfy the fans love affair for it. 

I’d love to have a proper go at Bournemouth, but given the last two results, we simply can’t do anything that will compromise our league position, we can’t afford to screw this up, the immediate future of this club depends on promotion. Get the job done, and think about this next season. 

Jesus Reason Season Stock Illustrations – 67 Jesus Reason Season Stock  Illustrations, Vectors & Clipart - Dreamstime

Bournemouth are clearly a good footballing side and Iraola is doing a good job reforming them in his image. They have spent some coin and think they have a chance of eventually following in Brighton's footsteps if everything stays aligned for them.

Right now, they can be either sublime or a bit pants. They obliterated Swansea in the last round but they're in a slump now.

At the weekend, we showed we could perform excellently against the in-form side in the division who have excellent squad depth - and silence their raucous crowd.

Dean Court isn't going to be quite such a cauldron, and we're very capable of going there and having spells where we control the game.

In this one, the result isn't important for me. We play our game and what will be, will be. The performance is the most important, whoever plays. We need squad depth and more players that Enzo can trust. If we rotate significantly, we need players who can show that they can perform well, particularly in the #8 positions and out wide.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

They are on 28 points though with Luton on 20 and the blue scum on 21. Never say never, and they will have to pick up points at some stage, but if i was them i would be miffed if they didn't go almost full strength for this.  Didn't realise i was so long since they had won though, but i expect us to make a lot of changes and write this off and for them to go for it.

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

They are on 28 points though with Luton on 20 and the blue scum on 21. Never say never, and they will have to pick up points at some stage, but if i was them i would be miffed if they didn't go almost full strength for this.  Didn't realise i was so long since they had won though, but i expect us to make a lot of changes and write this off and for them to go for it.

Like someone else has said though they have 3 games coming up against teams below them. Lose them and they will get pulled into it. 

Sure they will be find all that bags considering though 

Shame we cant have a proper pop at bmth with our first team.  They always seem to beat us. 10 years since we won at their ground.we never beat them during the tilte win .imploded their during lockdown with the soyuncu sending off and surrenderd at home last season

Still you never know

3 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

I think tomorrow we will unfortunately see how far ahead teams like Bournemouth are from us these days 

Surely that hugely depends on the team we put out! And i expect it to be like the one sent out against Birmingham.

8 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Like someone else has said though they have 3 games coming up against teams below them. Lose them and they will get pulled into it. 

Sure they will be find all that bags considering though 

Yeah, but they don't need to rest tomorrow because they are facing Sheffield Utd on the 9th March. For us, its much more pressing to rest players.