Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Bournemouth (a)

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

How will playing our reserve team tell us anything at all about next season?

I mean 5 years ago our reserve side would be beating their first team. 

We are playing some good football but personally think we are miles away from mid / lower premiership teams these days  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My view towards the cup has been dictated by how the league is looking at the time it comes around.

In terms of automatic promotion, we are looking as ropey as we have for many months. And on the back of two defeats. As others have said, if we had won these last couple and were going into this in good shape in the league, I’d be thinking a fairly strong side. Now…not worth it.

And this point of 3 defeats, I’m not sure players who were not involved are going to be negatively affected if that what happens.

Of course it’d be great to rest our key players and go through, this is not me saying I want us to be out the cup.

17 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

They're playing Burnley on Sunday.

Yes i know, but we have an extra midweek game on the 5th that they don't have. They don't really need to be resting at this stage.

Edited by Chelmofox

If I was Bournemouth fan, I'd be fuming if they didn't go strong for this. They don't get many opportunities to go deep in competitions. 

There is a good chance they can make 11 changes and still beat us comfortably but i'd like to see my team go for it in Bournemouth's position. 

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Yes i know, but we have an extract midweek game on the 5th that they don't have. They don't really need to be resting at this stage.

Judging from their forum,  the majority of Bournemouth fans seem to regard Burnley as the more important game and feel their players will be knackered after the Man City game, and are therefore in favour of them rotating heavily. They don't seem that bothered about progressing in the cup. Whether Iraola feels the same way is, of course, a different matter.

• Like 1

I think essentially throwing this and making as many changes as possible is the right thing to do after recent results. I don’t think he’ll be able to make as many as the 11 quoted though.

Considering 2 of Hamza, Ricardo and Winks have to play in the double pivot. Obviously Cover is an option but I don’t see it against premier league opposition.

Stolarcyzk

Nelson

Coady

Doyle

Ricardo

Hamza

Albrighton

Praet

Akgun 

McAteer if fit/Wanya

Cannon.

29 minutes ago, broadstone fox said:

Shame we cant have a proper pop at bmth with our first team.  They always seem to beat us. 10 years since we won at their ground.we never beat them during the tilte win .imploded their during lockdown with the soyuncu sending off and surrenderd at home last season

Still you never know

Bring Me The Horizon?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I can't see us get anything with that many changes, especially as I think Bournemouth will give this a good go. Fairly safe in the league and a real chance of a run to Wembley. Not often that Bournemouth have a sniff of silverware.

Bournemouth 3-1 Leicester

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder if cup games count towards younus’ appearance clause ? 

They do but he’s so far off the 25 apps it shouldn’t matter 

28 minutes ago, bovril said:

Think a couple of big teams may fall here. Perhaps Chelsea and Man United. Get past these and we're potentially a very winnable game from Wembley. 

Is exactly what Bournemouth will be thinking.

10 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Stolarcyzk

Nelson

Coady

Doyle

Cover

Hamza

Thomas

Akgun

Praet

Wanya

Cannon

Is he coming back from Boro for the week?

*Guessing you meant Silko... sorry :) 

Edited by AjcW