Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Bournemouth FA Cup (a) Match Thread

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Will it heck. Do you read the Daily Hyperbole?

Read it, I write for it ;):D 

They've making a team made up of rusty and poor players look their equals. A far cry from their Man City performance at the weekend. 

Doyle struggling a little, Marcal not really involved much, Raikhy a bit overpowered but fair play to him for getting involved.

Everyone else, I'm fairly impressed.

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

Sadly no way to watch the game today so I’m relying on FT chatter to stay in the loop. This is great we have kept Bournemouth at bay for 45 min. Have we had any chances in their goal yet? Will Enzo change anything subs wise?

Hit the post and forced the keeper into a couple of saves.

Not too bad at all, for the team we have out we are more than matching them. We’ve gone the closest with Albrighton hitting the post.

Think Choudhury and Coady have been excellent, as has Albrighton.

I think I’d bring Raikhy off at half time before the poor lad gets himself sent off. I’d like to see more from Marcal, we really need someone to be a genuine alternative when Mavididi comes off.

I’d also give Kel a run second half, for all of his faults no one loves an FA cup goal more than him.

1 minute ago, sishades said:

A traffic cone would have been better than Ward was!

Mark Travers for Bournemouth along with Bazunu for saints and Ward were the worst keepers last season. We must score against this lot, it's Mark Travers for gods sake.

Players look like they are up for it but the quality isn’t really there for both sides, Bournemouth probably edged the second half in the end but fortunately they were poor in the final 3rd. Not much to make of this game really, perfect opportunity to test our formation against premier league opposition, but at the same time can understand resting players.

Wonder if Raikhy comes off at the half? He's looked good with the ball, seems to make good decisions, but a couple woeful challenges, like he’s either trying to do too much, or the speed of the game is a bit much for him at the moment. I’d like to see more of him though.  

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Played well. Good cup tie. 

Don't understand people saying they're not bothered because I'm nervous as **** 

I'm nervous in every single game of ours. I can't understand how someone can be relaxed unless it's a friendly game. I was nervous when we were 0-9 up against Southampton. 

Just now, LVFox said:

Really good half, got to understand how disjointed we should be with so many changes. Proof Enzo-ball has premier league potential!

I don't understand how essentially the same team got battered by Millwall and Birmingham first half of rd 3 and 4. Yet Bournemouth have barely laid a glove on us lol

If we keep gifting them possession in our own half we will lose. As there is next to no creativity in this side, why play out riskily from the back? Our best chances have come from long passes that are actually making their defenders work.

Edited by Hammo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Sadly no way to watch the game today so I’m relying on FT chatter to stay in the loop. This is great we have kept Bournemouth at bay for 45 min. Have we had any chances in their goal yet? Will Enzo change anything subs wise?

Sent you a DM

Praet has the same enthusiasm to run as my big fat olde English bulldog, Doyle is a fraud, Plain and simple. Cannon decent if he gets given a chance with a pass, Jakob kept us in it but has 3 left feet. Trust the process though