Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Bournemouth FA Cup (a) Post Match Thread

Really enjoyed that. Good game to watch, proper cup tie. 

For Someone who apparently can’t defend or run vesty starts the move edge of own box, runs full length of pitch leaving everyone in his wake and chips the keeper lol. Only a last ditch header off the line stopped what would have probably been goal of the season.

deffo motm, closely ahead of Hamza who was everywhere.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

The gulf to Coventry, currently 27 points behind us and closer to the relegation zone than to us

Of course. But as I've mentioned in numerous other replies, if we were to play them I think the occasion would have a massive part to play (home support, local derby). On paper we're categorically better than them, but that can go out of the window as we all know. I just think we'd struggle with it, like we have this season in bigger games. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Didn’t once say we were bad away from home. That would be ludicrous. Going off past experiences, particularly this season’s (Cov/Leeds), a fired up Ricoh and the occasion would have us on the back foot and I think we’d struggle. I’m sorry for thinking that. Don’t worry, your opinion is just as valid! 

Well it just seems an odd conclusion to come to based on how well we actually played in the two games you mention (both home supports were deadly silent until the last 10 minutes), and disregarding the fact that we've not just been decent but outstanding for the vast majority of away games.  let's face it they did nothing against 10 men for 35 minutes, it wasn't exactly us wilting under the fearsomeness of their home support, rather just that we wilted through being knackered.

Not sure why you think cov are such a powerhouse that our form would inexplicably go out the window.  I mean there's glass half empty, but this is like not having a glass at all.

• Like 2

Overall I think they all done really well today. Albrighton was a great leader, played a clever game, Vesty and Hamza both immense, Yunus had a good game, just needs to be a bit more composed for the last pass/shot. Kel did well when he came on, held the ball up well. Ricky is just a level above most of our players, Coady was solid, even Riakhy and Wanya did OK. Only negative for me was Doyle, was really poor tonight. (Praet was his usual lazy self so no need to comment about him again) 

• Like 1

What's so good about that for me is that we've really dug in in adversity. It requires a different type of skillset to padding a team we're far superior to or catching a side on a big off day. Bournemouth probably ought to have scored, but I don't think it was anything like a robbery. We've not won a game like that in absolutely ages.

To do it with 9 changes is a fantastic effort.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I heard this when watching it and was laughing. Had a quick look on their forum and they really do not like him. 

Said on the match thread but it’s a travesty we’ve made him look like a footballer the last couple of seasons. 

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Said on the match thread but it’s a travesty we’ve made him look like a footballer the last couple of seasons. 

Yeh I've never rated him but he's always seemed to do well against us. Until tonight that is 

2 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Thought Nacho made a big impact off the bench.

He dropped deep and linked with midfield to create the overload which helped us maintain possession in spells. 

He also was a good option for Stolaczyk - holding the ball up better and linking.

Also got a good assist.

I would give him at least 30mins next match and I think he offers more than Daka when he's got his match sharpness and it looks like he's regained that after the AFCON.

He potentially offers more but Daka has been so far ahead of Nacho this season and to disregard what he's done because of the Leeds miss is just wrong.

• Like 4