Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Bournemouth FA Cup (a) Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

God knows when he said it but @Dan LCFC summed it up beautifully last night. It feels like we haven't won a game like that in absolutely ages. It wasn't a backs to the wall sh*thouse win but it wasn't a team we can walk over where we should be winning.

We've taken the game to a better team and we've battled like champs for 120 minutes. 

Credit to Enzo and the players for that one, I was starting to wonder if our club was capable of performances like this. First time I've been properly proud of a performance by a Leicester team since probably that second leg vs Atletico.

The FA Cup win was special, but we needed a massive pinch of luck in that one whether people want to admit or not.

How about most of the title winning season?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't think Stolarczyk's distribution is actually all that bad. He played some lovely passes to put cut through their attack and put us on the front foot.

The only issues were when he was pressed and we didn't provide an out ball which is normal I suppose for a young keeper. I just think we're heavily reliant on Winks when playing out of the back.

Probably understated the quality Winks and Ricky have receiving the ball whilst under pressure, playing out from the back was a lot easier when Ricky came on

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

My bad, was thinking of the Atletico games under O'Neill... :whistle:

Oooft fair play. That'd be harsh even for a miser like me haha.

Always a good debate...which was the worst refereeing decision? The parker sending off or the Griezmann pen that wasn't...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Do it a couple more times in the league and then we'll see.

Come on - look at the results all season, that's not a weak team. We weren't outplayed by either Boro or Leeds. 

On another note, last night might be a pivotal moment for the rest of league season, ironically. 

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

God I'm proud of our boys for that performance last night. 

It really puts the whole 'weak mentality' crap to bed. 

Does it though? One swallow does not make an egg basket. Yesterday was a gritty and, at times, great performance. We did show mental strength and we dug in. 

That could be the spur we very much needed. I think the next few games will tell the tale. 

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Come on - look at the results all season, that's not a weak team. We weren't outplayed by either Boro or Leeds. 

On another note, last night might be a pivotal moment for the rest of league season, ironically. 

Looking for a job at the daily hyperbole?  :P

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Looking for a job at the daily hyperbole?  :P

Hahaha :D

Please note that I tempered my comment with the word 'might' - and surely you'd concede that getting a result last night MIGHT be a huge shot in the arm for all concerned? 

Really wish I could be there Saturday, I hope the majority really back the lads from the Off. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Hahaha :D

Please note that I tempered my comment with the word 'might' - and surely you'd concede that getting a result last night MIGHT be a huge shot in the arm for all concerned? 

Really wish I could be there Saturday, I hope the majority really back the lads from the Off. 

Oh absolutely, a performance like that will be a massive lift to the mood of the camp. It can only be a positive.

It gives Enzo a hell of a headache in the quarters as well, the good kind for once, when he'll be in a position where any fit player should be in the reckoning with it leading into an international break. Do you back the lads that got us here or do you bring in the stronger players? Always a tough one when your back ups exceed expectations.

19 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

We wouldn’t beat Coventry away. Only way would be a home tie. Don’t think we beat any of the remaining premier league sides either, maybe Wolves.

Christ …. Let us enjoy the moment 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The full move for the Fatawu goal. Big credit to Ricardo for receiving the ball under pressure and getting out of it beautifully. Playing out from the back and creating the move the Enzo way!

giphy.gif

Even Praet was loving it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The full move for the Fatawu goal. Big credit to Ricardo for receiving the ball under pressure and getting out of it beautifully. Playing out from the back and creating the move the Enzo way!

giphy.gif

Risk versus Reward : The Movie

• Like 3

15 hours ago, filbertway said:

God knows when he said it but @Dan LCFC summed it up beautifully last night. It feels like we haven't won a game like that in absolutely ages. It wasn't a backs to the wall sh*thouse win but it wasn't a team we can walk over where we should be winning.

We've taken the game to a better team and we've battled like champs for 120 minutes. 

Credit to Enzo and the players for that one, I was starting to wonder if our club was capable of performances like this. First time I've been properly proud of a performance by a Leicester team since probably that second leg vs Atletico.

The FA Cup win was special, but we needed a massive pinch of luck in that one whether people want to admit or not.

It's the first win in absolutely ages I've felt genuinely proud watching us. Never quite thought I'd think that of a win over Bournemouth lol but XI v XI we were big underdogs in that game and we got through it. Though I would say obviously I was proud of the cup final win as well. I think the Liverpool win in December 2021 was of a similar nature.

All of them named 1-0 wins. Think it's my Simeone / Mourinho side coming out.

Still got the buzz from this one, let's carry it into the weekend against QPR! :chant:

Needs to be talked about more that we've broken an 11-year duck at their place with that win too. Though the ghost of Kevin Phillips won't be truly put to rest until we do it in the league next year. 👀

YnAZczk.gif