Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Bournemouth FA Cup (a) Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

We wouldn’t beat Coventry away. Only way would be a home tie. Don’t think we beat any of the remaining premier league sides either, maybe Wolves.

I mean we lead until the 78th minute there last month with 10 men, no reason to say we couldn't win it at a full team

• Like 2

Wow what a performance and result, played some great football at times and created some great chances, but our work off the ball was reminiscent of the O’Neill days, bloody loved it and I thought each and every player can be extremely proud of their contribution to what was a fantastic team performance. 

I think that will really galvanise everyone after a tough couple of results, also shows the strength of the squad and options we have available. 

Vesty, Hamza, Coast and  Yunus were superb whilst Wanya’s performance was a welcome bonus. 

the fans and Enzo and his coaching staff were simply magnificent 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Like 3

brilliant win and performance today, for me a deserved win, 

i hope that performance has shown some that we do have fight in us etc 

after all the negatively from some fans the past couple of weeks

thought Akgun had a really good game, then again....thought they all did well

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

To just put that into perspective regarding how strong their team was tonight compared to ours

14 of the 16 players Bournemouth used tonight were involved in their 1-0 loss to Man City at the weekend

Yet just 6 of the 16 players we used tonight were involved against Leeds

shows how well we played tonight then for me, 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Great performance.

Time to trust these fringe players a bit more Enzo?

Wanya definitely looks like the ideal replacement to give us that out ball, when he drags Mav. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

So annoying we can't pull out performances like that in the league. Must be the free hit element of being in the cup, pressure was off.

Yeah. The team that played tonight looked like the same team that won 76% of games before Friday.

Very much the team we expect.

The changes to the game mattered. They made a difference.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

So annoying we can't pull out performances like that in the league. Must be the free hit element of being in the cup, pressure was off.

You've not been watching very carefully. We've performed, just not finished. Enjoy your evening.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Brilliant win and proving we can compete with this style. Not first choice teams for either side but doesn't matter. 

The confidence Enzo gives this side can not be underestimated. 

Of course, on another day they hit the target more but we had more golden chances. 

Not watched every game this season but I doubt Vestergaard has played a better game for us, proving he can defend too. Coady was great too, unbelievable professionalism from someone who must be frustrated. Better Defender than Faes so I could maybe see him playing more next season than this. 

Choudhury brilliant, really want Yunus to get it right because there's a lot to like, outstanding effort but lacking when needed most. 

Great goal, still think keeper should do better but a goal like that was going to happen at some point. 

Bring it on. 

I thought the keeper did well to get fingers to it to be honest. He had been threatening that for ages. Remember when he hit the bar at home against Leeds. 
I thought we had a chance here tonight but I thought the lineup was going a bit too weak - how wrong I was. I thought everyone put a shift in and looked composed. More than that they had a good understanding between the players. Hamza was great. Vesty was great again like he was at Leeds. I can’t eat any more humble pie on his behalf. Marcal had his best game in a city shirt. Coady and Praet  looked solid. Very very pleased with that. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Fatawu was man of the match? Ok, superb goal, but he wasn't on that long and Hamza was outstanding for 120 mins (minus a couple of touches.)

That's Martin Keown for you...shite pundit 

Guest Col city fan
Just now, HighPeakFox said:

You've not been watching very carefully. We've performed, just not finished. Enjoy your evening.

Have to laff at all the hot air after the Leeds game.

Take one of the two golden chances we spurned and it was game over.

Fine margins and all that