Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Quarter Finals

If it is Leeds then a) they don't get the opportunity to narrow the gap/increase their lead over us the weekend of 15-17 March and b) if they beat us they'll have another re-arranged game to face and we'd have the opportunity of playing that before them and put pressure on them.

I am comfortable with this, although I think we stand a chance of beating Chelsea.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Since winning FA Cup in 2021 we have now been drawn away six times out of nine; in the League Cup it’s eight times out of ten since then, including all of the last five!

No wonder it feels like we are always away. Also remember our conference league run where we had home first away second in every round. We have some rough luck with these draws.

1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

No wonder it feels like we are always away. Also remember our conference league run where we had home first away second in every round. We have some rough luck with these draws.

This will be our 15th cup tie over the last 2 seasons & only 3 of them have been at home

• Like 3

That wasnt the worse draw. Yes home to cov would have been nice but could have been man city away. At least it gives me a good excuse to watch the game on tv tonight. If Leeds win we can get retribution. We know now we can play at a better level than them. If Chelsea win I do believe we can beat them too. 

I didn’t realise Seaman was a Leeds fan btw. Gone down in my estimation. 

Edited by Supergray22

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It all depends on how strong a team we put out. I suppose that even our B team won yesterday, which was amazing, but think we'd have to go full strength to beat either of these two.

However, if we did go full strength... we could beat either of them!

League is the priority this season, though, for obvious reasons.

As Jimmy Greaves used to say it's a funny old game. Middlesbrough had six put past them by Chelsea but did the double over us and we would still expect to give Chelsea a good game if they beat Leeds who also did the double over us 🤔

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

Too true. It will take a long time for the law of averages to balance things out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

It's wide open for us. And others tbf. 

Could do with the Geordies beating the citizens (their correct nickname) and Man Un beating Liverpool and, if so, basically,.the Cup is ours. 

I said ages ago it was "open", as such, which is why I was so adamant on us playing a strong team at Bournemouth which I got shot down for. Fair play, in the end, we didn't need to be full strength but I wanted us through and I'm glad Coady said the same sort of thing. Fvck rolling over and "concentrate on the league" rubbish. It's a domestic trophy and I want us going for it.

• Like 1