Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Quarter Finals

7 minutes ago, bovril said:

I am a naturally pessimistic fan but I really feel like Chelsea will be motivated by the bottle job tag and will take this very seriously now they have nothing else to play for. 

There's also the chance that we can capitalise on their recent wounds. They're not in a good place and, of the big teams left, this is the best chance we have I think.

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

There's also the chance that we can capitalise on their recent wounds. They're not in a good place and, of the big teams left, this is the best chance we have I think.

Leeds gave them a good game with a weaken side so sure you can.

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I am scarred by Chelsea defeats in fa cups past

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JimJams said:

They can't afford to sack him.

They're in a right ****ing mess with these long contracts and high wages.

I know they did this for the amortization and so on but if it's a bag of shit sat around stinking the place out it isn't healthy for performances.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Worryingly i think the 6pm Sunday is a decent shout. 

Didn't our quarter final against Man Utd kick off at a similar time? 

Yeah but they used to do dodgy kick off times back then because of no fans 

6 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

No normal train service that weekend. Looks like between 3 hours and 6 hours journeys, with bus journeys included.  Planned maintenance. 

Looks like the M1 gonna be busy.

Rugby stn, big cheap car park at weekend, super fast into London. Much easier and cheaper than driving / parking in London.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

I did think like that earlier, but whatever happens, we won the one that mattered.

Funny how Chelsea cropped up at vital points in our pot hunting. The Spurs game and the last match of the season at Stamford Bridge plus the Wembley Final

15 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

But also a fair way from Leicester.

Yeah useful if you live blaby whetstone Cosby  way but not so anywhere else

Edit, on other themes, the FA would do themselves so many favours with supporters if they moved the semis to club grounds again. Spurs or Arsenal for the south and Etihad and the new Everton stadium in the north. Villa Park still ticks boxes too. 

And, most of all, dump VAR for the FA Cup. How on earth they can justify a competition that has different rules in different games is staggering. Fans would love the retro vibe.

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 3

On 27/02/2024 at 23:16, VictorFox said:

Anyone we’re head and shoulders above anyone else in the country 

Had to read this multiple times to understand it.

34 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Yeah useful if you live blaby whetstone Cosby  way but not so anywhere else

Edit, on other themes, the FA would do themselves so many favours with supporters if they moved the semis to club grounds again. Spurs or Arsenal for the south and Etihad and the new Everton stadium in the north. Villa Park still ticks boxes too. 

And, most of all, dump VAR for the FA Cup. How on earth they can justify a competition that has different rules in different games is staggering. Fans would love the retro vibe.

The different rules point is fair but I can’t get away from  VAR in 2021 was correct and vital to our win

34 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

The different rules point is fair but I can’t get away from  VAR in 2021 was correct and vital to our win

If VARbl was never seen again the Cup, ours goes down like that Blackpool (or Bolton) header that bundled the keeper in the net. Just a wired thing that happens in the past. 

To me it's like the 100m final being run, but the heats being done over varying distances, 97m, 103m etc. or cricket final based on 40 overs but one semi a. T20 and the other a 50 over.

You shouldn't have a competition with different rules from game to game. 

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

If VARbl was never seen again the Cup, ours goes down like that Blackpool (or Bolton) header that bundled the keeper in the net. Just a wired thing that happens in the past. 

To me it's like the 100m final being run, but the heats being done over varying distances, 97m, 103m etc. or cricket final based on 40 overs but one semi a. T20 and the other a 50 over.

You shouldn't have a competition with different rules from game to game. 

Do you think this should also apply to early rounds where draws mean a reply and later rounds don't