Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Quarter Finals

So, hypothetically, if Soton somehow manage to do over Liverpool and we drew them at home in the quarters, with the league game moved forward to the weds, we could play them twice at home in the space of a four  days

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

We all know we'll draw Man City. Or Liverpool. Or Chelsea. Or Newcastle. Or anyone else still in the draw. 

Wouldn't fancy Leicester away, that'd be a tough one

• Haha 2

We can beat anyone other than Man City and Liverpool at home. 

Cov the dream.

But we all know that it will probably be Man City.

For what it’s worth I fancy a Forest and Leeds double tonight, maybe even Southampton too if Liverpool are down to bare bones again.

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Odd. Normally the 3 play off finals are on the bank holiday weekend, one on each day. When I read this I thought how is that possible as they can’t have 4 games at Wembley that weekend but it looks like the League 1/2 finals are now the weekend before. I wonder why…

Not sure - sometimes they play the Championship final earlier in an International tournament year .

Wembley is hosting the Champions league final too though.

To be honest I’m not bothered. I’m inclined to say Man City, because I think Cov could be a disaster. 

We absolutely cannot sacrifice the league, and my fear is a cup run might end up distracting us, especially if we draw Cov. I haven’t recovered from relegation yet, so if we were to mess promotion up I’d likely implode. 

It’s great to have a run, but I’m still very much in two minds about it.

It's a real heavyweight last 8. All decent names. There's usually 2 or 3 boring bastards who somehow scramble through. You could shake up the draw any which way and there's four really big games. 

Thought we'd forfeited last night's match when I've fancied us since the start that we could be first team since west ham to win this from the second tier. We're top 15 PL ability. There's absolutely no reason why wolves or even Chelsea have any better odds than we do, yet they'll both still fancy this. 

36 minutes ago, Permafrost said:

So, we'll know this evening who and where we will be playing in the QFs, but how long after 'til they announce the day and kick off times of the four ties?

This Friday? Can't really take to long about it... it's only just over a fortnight away.

If Liverpool and/or Brighton go through, the games involving them have to be Sunday 17th March because they both play in Europe on Thursday 14th March.

Other than that, nothing to really plan other than policing for games etc. so no reason they cannot confirm everything by Friday. They'll have a good idea in their heads by end of today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Odd. Normally the 3 play off finals are on the bank holiday weekend, one on each day. When I read this I thought how is that possible as they can’t have 4 games at Wembley that weekend but it looks like the League 1/2 finals are now the weekend before. I wonder why…

They have been split up for a while now haven't they? League 1 and 2 over a weekend then fa cup final on a saturday and champo playoff final on the bank hol Monday. Wembley make good money from concerts in the summer and this season the CL final is also there. 

Anyway, we are getting promoted automatically. We could be at Wembo 3 times this year but that'll be due to the cup semi, final and community shield.

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

To be honest I’m not bothered. I’m inclined to say Man City, because I think Cov could be a disaster. 

We absolutely cannot sacrifice the league, and my fear is a cup run might end up distracting us, especially if we draw Cov. I haven’t recovered from relegation yet, so if we were to mess promotion up I’d likely implode. 

Can't say that mate...apparently thinking the league is the clear priority is blasphemous to the "magic of the cup" as if we didn't win in a couple years ago. I was invested as anyone last night especially when you got the feeling we could do something, but I think some here would take another FA Cup to stay in the championship and its just too detrimental to the club to be stuck down here! You might never get back out...

15 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Relax, two defeats where we created about 18,000 chances aren't stopping us from going up. We can easily deal with the cup whilst continuing our march back to the PL.

In fact I think it will be a good thing. We are so casual, we have won so many champo matches whilst barely breaking sweat and strolling around the pitch all season. Playing some quality opposition in the cup might liven us up a little bit and allow us to smack some teams 9-0 in the league.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Can't say that mate...apparently thinking the league is the clear priority is blasphemous to the "magic of the cup" as if we didn't win in a couple years ago. I was invested as anyone last night especially when you got the feeling we could do something, but I think some here would take another FA Cup to stay in the championship and its just too detrimental to the club to be stuck down here! You might never get back out...

Seriously? Might never get back out?!!? We have an all conquering squad that have won 25 out of 34 games without trying

9 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

HA you think we'll keep our big name players if we're stuck in the league again next year?!?!?. Deary me.

It's all hypothetical though isn't it.

I assume you'd swap a cup win for promotion if you knew we were going to get relegated again this time next year? 

15 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Why would it be great ?

Best out come would be 

LCFC VS Coventry

Man City Vs Liverpool.

Newcastle Vs Chelsea

Wolves Vs Man Utd.

Then give us newcastle in the semis and wolves in the final. We owe them for 1949

8 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It's all hypothetical though isn't it.

I assume you'd swap a cup win for promotion if you knew we were going to get relegated again this time next year? 

Not sure its the same? Factually we will lose the ones out of contract at the end of the season regardless of the league and you can't expect KDH, Daka etc to stay if we're stuck in the Champ. I'd imagine they've been given verbal nods to be able to leave should we not go up at the first time of asking. At that point it looks a lot harder to get out the division again (look at Norwich, Leeds for years and so on), so quite feasibly could be years until we see the Prem.

Conversely, after watching our weakened side vs Bournemouth, I think we'll be ok in the PL next season. I don't think we'll go down especially with PL standard additions which we'll need to make as I've mentioned the departures above.

52 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Man City away, that would be great.

You're the guy that orders the Vindaloo when going out for a curry, and then cant finish it because its too hot.

Cov at home. End of!  Dhansak is just fine.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Haha 1

Funnily enough and strange as it sounds, I really think our style will have more success in the premier league than people think. I know people compare it to Burnley but for some reason they tore the squad that got them up apart and basically started again.

4 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Not sure its the same? Factually we will lose the ones out of contract at the end of the season regardless of the league and you can't expect KDH, Daka etc to stay if we're stuck in the Champ. I'd imagine they've been given verbal nods to be able to leave should we not go up at the first time of asking. At that point it looks a lot harder to get out the division again (look at Norwich, Leeds for years and so on), so quite feasibly could be years until we see the Prem.

Conversely, after watching our weakened side vs Bournemouth, I think we'll be ok in the PL next season. I don't think we'll go down especially with PL standard additions which we'll need to make as I've mentioned the departures above.

I was referring to you preferring to be promoted than win the cup, so I was wondering if you would still take that if you knew we were going to get relegated next season after a year in the Prem.