Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

QPR home pre-match thread, 3pm Saturday.

34 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Agreed, I wouldn't normally choose Mcateer but wasn't sure if players that played 120 minutes last night could play from the start at the weekend. Our only options at 8 alongside kdh are Praet, Yunus and Ricardo. Yunus played 120 mins, praet played 106 minutes, and Ricardo playing at 8 would mean playing Hamza as inverted right back  and he also played 120 minutes. Ideally I'd take mcateer out and put Hamza in but depends on fitness 

The 120mins played for some players did pop into my head.

But professional sports'people' with all the sport recovery techniques and equipment should be fine. On average fatigue leaves the body within 48Hr 's or so. Plus true a sports massage ( which I've had in the past and bloody hurts) does work wonders, then chuck in professional sports physio's...arrh they'll be fine.

I thought that was the best Coady had played for us on Tuesday but he did play 120 minutes so whether or not he’ll be ready who knows. Whilst I’d love Nelson to get his chance, I think some experience to try and navigate the next few games is key.

As has been mentioned above as well, Hamza and whether he can. 

Otherwise we should be looking fresh having made so many changes.

5 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I thought that was the best Coady had played for us on Tuesday but he did play 120 minutes so whether or not he’ll be ready who knows. Whilst I’d love Nelson to get his chance, I think some experience to try and navigate the next few games is key.

As has been mentioned above as well, Hamza and whether he can. 

Otherwise we should be looking fresh having made so many changes.

Nelson Saturday Coady Tuesday. Suits the games and the schedule well. 

• Like 1

On 28/02/2024 at 11:10, Izzy said:

Have taken my lad the last few home games and managed to be in the SK1 singing section which he's loved.

Couldn't get 2 tickets together in SK1 for this, so we'll be in L1 instead.

It's donkeys years since I've been in L1 so will be interested to see how the atmosphere compares to SK1

Just noticed your profile pic. Troy Hawke (Greeters Guild) is at De Mont on Saturday night so I’m looking forward to a double header with the QPR game first. I wonder if Jan Molby will be heckling him from the audience saying  ‘Shoulder’s back.’

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wout Faes: Leicester City 'not panicking' after lead at top slashed - BBC Sport

Faes says the Foxes have spoken openly among themselves about the late goals that have cost them, and points out that a number of victories had been snatched earlier in the season with late goals.

"It's weird," said Faes, who was rested on Tuesday as Leicester beat Premier League side Bournemouth to reach the FA Cup quarter-finals.

"I saw a comparison to the points we have won in the last 10 minutes and lost in the last 10 minutes, and it's a lot that we have won in the first part of the season and a lot we have lost in the second part.

"It's difficult to give an explanation. Even us, we have spoken about it and we can't give a clear explanation.

"Sometimes it's the game they play, sometimes we should have been a bit more realistic as well and sometimes it is a bit unlucky - I remember a few deflections.

"I wouldn't call it fatigue, but I don't have another explanation as well."

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Wout Faes: Leicester City 'not panicking' after lead at top slashed - BBC Sport

Faes says the Foxes have spoken openly among themselves about the late goals that have cost them, and points out that a number of victories had been snatched earlier in the season with late goals.

"It's weird," said Faes, who was rested on Tuesday as Leicester beat Premier League side Bournemouth to reach the FA Cup quarter-finals.

"I saw a comparison to the points we have won in the last 10 minutes and lost in the last 10 minutes, and it's a lot that we have won in the first part of the season and a lot we have lost in the second part.

"It's difficult to give an explanation. Even us, we have spoken about it and we can't give a clear explanation.

"Sometimes it's the game they play, sometimes we should have been a bit more realistic as well and sometimes it is a bit unlucky - I remember a few deflections.

"I wouldn't call it fatigue, but I don't have another explanation as well."

It's mainly a case of us not taking our chances to put the game to bed then have to deal with a array of pressure from the opposition in the last 10 minutes as teams throw everything at us.

Also our style of play is to keep the ball one mistake and with more men forward the opposition capitalizes 

Nothing but a win will do and a good one too 

Otherwise it maybe just a 3 point gap

It's in our hands but hoping the Bournemouth win has woke us up a bit

We need a win

Edited by Trent Steel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

It's mainly a case of us not taking our chances to put the game to bed then have to deal with a array of pressure from the opposition in the last 10 minutes as teams throw everything at us.

Also our style of play is to keep the ball one mistake and with more men forward the opposition capitalizes 

I think we look nervous in the last few minutes. 

On 28/02/2024 at 11:10, Izzy said:

Have taken my lad the last few home games and managed to be in the SK1 singing section which he's loved.

Couldn't get 2 tickets together in SK1 for this, so we'll be in L1 instead.

It's donkeys years since I've been in L1 so will be interested to see how the atmosphere compares to SK1

I can tell you now the atmosphere will be better in SK1. The place has its moments of course but it won’t be constant like SK1. 

The atmosphere in L1 relies heavily on a full away end these days. 

Edited by Bert
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

Nothing but a win will do and a good one too 

Otherwise it maybe just a 3 point gap

It's in our hands but hoping the Bournemouth win has woke us up a bit

We need a win

We were already wide awake.