Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

QPR home pre-match thread, 3pm Saturday.

Management of resources will be interesting over the next few games. My preference would be to pick what you think is your strongest and fittest possible side for Saturday and get it won and reassess on tuesday. 

Enzo Maresca Pre-Match Press Conference vs QPR

Maresca on injuries with Ndidi back in light training on comeback trail

“No. They’re all good. Wilf is still out. That’s it. He already started to do part of the session with us. Next week, hopefully he can finish sessions with us. He’s a very important player for us.”

"Kasey is out. Jamie is back."

Maresca on importance of Ndidi as midfielder back to light training

“If he can be back earlier than three months, it’s much better. He’s an important player. We’re trying to adapt players.

“It’s an important position because he has to defend like a holding midfielder, and attack as a pocket. When he’s not there, we need to find a player who defend like a holding midfielder. That’s why we use Ricky, because he’s a full-back. We know Wilf is more of a holding midfielder than a pocket. But we try to help him.”

Maresca on Vestergaard's suspension and his tactical importance

“Since we started, Jannik did a fantastic job. All of our attacking moments start from Jannik or Mads. He’s a very important player. We’ve used Conor, we’ve used Wout. We’ll see.

“He recognises the spare man and the timing. He knows when to wait and attract the opponent. When we play well, it’s the three and two playing well.”

“We analyse many things (when picking who to play in defence). Do the opposition have quick players? It’s about the balance.”

Maresca on QPR's style under Cifuentes and their league form

“They have completely changed under the new manager. They are an attacking team now and we need to pay attention in the press.

“They are confident for sure. I watched the games. They have lost just one of their last seven games. They have won four. That’s a promotion average. It’s nice to watch them.”

Maresca on pressure of promotion race after successive league defeats

“Now we are in the final rush and all of the games are important. If you drop points, you see teams come close. We have to enjoy the pressure. It’s much better to be where we are than in mid-table. Hopefully soon we can be more relaxed.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Kel had one of those performances on Tuesday that just when you'd completely washed your hands with him, he's now back in consideration. His hold up play and link play is second to none. But I still don't see where he gets a game. Cannon disappointed me vs Bournemouth but he's the future of this strike force.

Daka and Vardy tomorrow. End of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, surrifox said:

This is going to finish 1-1 don’t ask how I know I just do .

I think this is going to finish about ten to five.  Don't ask me how I know, just a feeling.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think this is going to finish about ten to five.  Don't ask me how I know, just a feeling.

Disagree. I've gone for:

Leicester 4 - 50 QPR

Edited by CheeseHead

16 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Daka and Vardy tomorrow. End of.

Why 'End of'?

Iheanacho has a role to play this season - as he proved as recently as Tuesday night - and maybe that starts on Saturday. It might be trendy on here to dismiss him because of what appears to have been a lackadaisical approach pre-AFCON, but he is still our most gifted forward, and a proven one at that, and I'm pretty sure that if Enzo detects a change for the better in his attitude, he'll be calling on him. He'd be daft not to. A fit and firing Iheanacho is still a major asset to this club in our drive for promotion. To write him off at this point would be a terrible mistake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1