Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

QPR home pre-match thread, 3pm Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Mads

Choudhury

coady

faes

Justin

Winks

Ricardo

KDH

Fatawu

Daka

Mavididi

Stolarcyzk, Nelson, Souttar, Doyle, Praet, Akgun, Wanya, Iheanacho, Vardy 

Cannon and Albrighton for Nelson and Wanya

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

How about 5-0. 

Now, where's my reps? 

Didn't we put 5 past these at the end of the great escape season? 

Joey Barton's last match as a player IIRC. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Why 'End of'?

Iheanacho has a role to play this season - as he proved as recently as Tuesday night - and maybe that starts on Saturday. It might be trendy on here to dismiss him because of what appears to have been a lackadaisical approach pre-AFCON, but he is still our most gifted forward, and a proven one at that, and I'm pretty sure that if Enzo detects a change for the better in his attitude, he'll be calling on him. He'd be daft not to. A fit and firing Iheanacho is still a major asset to this club in our drive for promotion. To write him off at this point would be a terrible mistake.

Which is why we’re keeping him fresh so he can spearhead our FA cup challenge again - 

39 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Why 'End of'?

Iheanacho has a role to play this season - as he proved as recently as Tuesday night - and maybe that starts on Saturday. It might be trendy on here to dismiss him because of what appears to have been a lackadaisical approach pre-AFCON, but he is still our most gifted forward, and a proven one at that, and I'm pretty sure that if Enzo detects a change for the better in his attitude, he'll be calling on him. He'd be daft not to. A fit and firing Iheanacho is still a major asset to this club in our drive for promotion. To write him off at this point would be a terrible mistake.

He has one good game in twenty this season,  so to blow that much smoke up his ass after one good game feels excessively reactive. Just my opinion. 

41 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Why 'End of'?

He can take the FA cup game, or come back if the other 3 strikers don't perform. We are a better pressing outfit playing Daka, and Vardy can still be an outstanding impact sub. 

Hermansen

Choudhury

Coady

Faes

Justin

Ricardo

Winks

KDH

Fatawu

Daka

Mavididi

Subs: Stolarczyk, Nelson, Doyle, Praet, Yunus, Vardy/Iheanacho, Albrighton, Wanya, Cannon

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He has one good game in twenty this season,  so to blow that much smoke up his ass after one good game feels excessively reactive. Just my opinion. 

One good game in 20? Yeah, right. People have short memories. Iheanacho scored in four successive league games in October, making it five in six - all victories. Yep, this season.

True, he’s had some horrible games since then, warranting the harsh criticism, but to write him off when he has come to our rescue so many times before is just silly.

After all, ‘he’s magic - you kno-ow’…

• Like 1

Just now, Hammo said:

One good game in 20? Yeah, right. People have short memories. Iheanacho scored in four successive league games in October, making it five in six - all victories. Yep, this season.

True, he’s had some horrible games since then, warranting the harsh criticism, but to write him off when he has come to our rescue so many times before is just silly.

After all, ‘he’s magic - you kno-ow’…

Hey, if he changes my mind then I am not going to complain. Fancy the bad games tend to stick in my mind far more than the good, probably because they proper honk lol

31 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Qpr are eighth in the form table for the last six, so we should probably slightly lower the expectations. 

We should also remember that we needed a last minute winner from Winks at their place after they played very well when in less good form.

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Hey, if he changes my mind then I am not going to complain. Fancy the bad games tend to stick in my mind far more than the good, probably because they proper honk lol

I’m a fan of his but he’s been incredibly disappointing in the championship. Based upon the chances given this season, he should be fourth choice. Then he goes and plays superbly against Bournemouth, so frustrating.

• Like 1

I think this will be the one where we finally start converting chances again. I'll take any 3 points after 2 losses, but I fancy a big win. Probably overly optimistic but I'm calling a 6 goal haul.. and I know they have something to battle for, haven't been too rubbish lately and will sit back

1 hour ago, Groby_Blue said:

Didn't we put 5 past these at the end of the great escape season? 

Joey Barton's last match as a player IIRC. 

52 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Yeah 5-1 with Cambiasso goal and celebration. 

The ‘he’s magic, ya know’ chant that went up after that goal is still possibly the loudest I’ve ever heard at the KP. Insanely good. 

37 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Qpr are eighth in the form table for the last six, so we should probably slightly lower the expectations. 

I thought this but the opposition they faced was fortunate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

In Kel’s further defence I should add that he has appeared in just one Championship game since 2 December - when, lest it be forgotten, at the end of only his second 90-minute appearance in the league all season, his superb pass to KDH started the counterattack that ended with Winks’s last-gasp winner at West Brom.

Unfortunately the one game since then was that awful sub appearance at Ipswich on Boxing Day, which has clouded so many people’s judgment.

We need to cut him some slack.

5 minutes ago, Hammo said:

In Kel’s further defence I should add that he has appeared in just one Championship game since 2 December - when, lest it be forgotten, at the end of only his second 90-minute appearance in the league all season, his superb pass to KDH started the counterattack that ended with Winks’s last-gasp winner at West Brom.

Unfortunately the one game since then was that awful sub appearance at Ipswich on Boxing Day, which has clouded so many people’s judgment.

We need to cut him some slack.

He should earn it just like anyone else and he certainly started to do that against Bournemouth, so fair play.

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Daka and Vardy tomorrow. End of.

This is possible if we play a 3-4-4 in possession and a 4-4-3 out of possession.

I don't think it's 'end of' as I believe we'll play a goalkeeper. End of.  Start of. Middle of.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Kel had one of those performances on Tuesday that just when you'd completely washed your hands with him, he's now back in consideration. His hold up play and link play is second to none. But I still don't see where he gets a game. Cannon disappointed me vs Bournemouth but he's the future of this strike force.

It can be - at other times he looks like either a) he's wearing rubber boots, b) he's not sure what team he's playing for, c) the actual geography of a football pitch, d) he just isn't interested or e) all of the above.

Arguably the most frustratingly and spectacularly inconsistent player i've ever seen in a city shirt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hammo said:

Why 'End of'?

I'm inclined to think Vardy would disagree.

• Like 1