Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

QPR home pre-match thread, 3pm Saturday.

Got a bit of fire in the belly for this one today.

Hopefully back to winning ways and Leeds, Ipswich and Saints to all slip-up in their away matches ( Huddersfield, Plymouth and Birmingham) to open up the gap again!

• Haha 1

Big boys back in. Fatawu still on an adrenaline high after midweek. Mavididi fresh and raring to go. Coady to prove himself further after a good performance midweek.

This is the next step in bouncing back after the Boro and Leeds games. I can feel a big performance in this one, to show the other teams we're not going to let them reel us in.

It would be the icing on the cake if Huddersfield could turn Leeds over and Birmingham spring a surprise by whooping the Saints.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Quite confident about this one. Think we will concede but feel we score 3 or 4 today. Time will tell, but feel unusually positive. 

Me too. This is a massive game and it feels a bit like a reset. I think we have been playing well but haven’t  quite got the crucial moments right at either end. Time to get it right for 90 + minutes. 

• Like 2

They are on a roll

feels like a tight game to me 

doubt we’ll go hell for leather with an eye on Tuesday 

without janiick we may struggle with the sharp passes into midfield which our system relies upon 

those expecting a big win are relying on an early breakthrough and them losing control of their game plan because of that 

So it's either Coady or Nelson.

I think Winks is going to have to sit deeper with no Vesty. Unless Faes takes up the role of Vesty.

I'd just worry that he'd go on one of his runs and leave a lot of space in behind him.

15 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

If he plays. 

Agreed, but as Jannik can't and assuming we still want to play with a similar defensive play maker, cannot really see a other option tbh.

34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They are on a roll

feels like a tight game to me 

doubt we’ll go hell for leather with an eye on Tuesday 

without janiick we may struggle with the sharp passes into midfield which our system relies upon 

those expecting a big win are relying on an early breakthrough and them losing control of their game plan because of that 

We could have a 10 week break and we wouldn't be going hell for leather to be fair :D

3 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

Technically you've typed

I was just letting you know that I have spoken. I've also typed, played table tennis and flown on a plane before. Oh the things I've done.

2 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Probably said it out loud in front of the mirror as well, before roaring like a tiger.  

I didn't, but I have now. The list goes on.

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agreed, but as Jannik can't and assuming we still want to play with a similar defensive play maker, cannot really see a other option tbh.

Maresca preferred Nelson when Vestergaard was injured recently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

Big boys back in. Fatawu still on an adrenaline high after midweek. Mavididi fresh and raring to go. Coady to prove himself further after a good performance midweek.

This is the next step in bouncing back after the Boro and Leeds games. I can feel a big performance in this one, to show the other teams we're not going to let them reel us in.

It would be the icing on the cake if Huddersfield could turn Leeds over and Birmingham spring a surprise by whooping the Saints.

The other teams fans will be thinking the opposite..

Huddersfield though do have something about them,to come up

with their own needed points to fend off relegation.

Potters are in a mess..We can put QPR back into the drain-off area.

But they are coming strong on performance but not the pts,we have to be carefull.

Even if we collect all points needed,the fan,can’t make the mistake and think that these games were easy…

12 games to go….”Its fight time” through the whole League.

• Like 1

Has Dunne been playing right-back for QPR? Would hope Mavididi can have a bit of space if that’s the case, as I always thought he was a centre-half. Think we’ll win 4-2, like we did when we last played Dunne at the King Power, beating Burnley and Praet scoring.