Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

QPR (H) 1-2 Post-Match Thread

Enzo is this - Enzo is that - the next messiah - the current Rodgers - our way of playing is tremendous- this tedious bullshit is crap - All of it is probably true somehow 

where do we Stand today ?

tuesday was great with a reserve team and the gaffer is a hero again and knows what he is doing 

Well - let’s talk about today and the last 2 league game - how good are we ? How good maresca ? 3 league defeats in a row and the cracks are showing massively - the football has been turgid and we absolutely 100% never go to kill a team  off 

I for one have never ever been on the choo choo enzo train of legends - we’ve still got loads to do - let’s hope he can find a way to make us turn up again or we are in big trouble - Brendan kind of trouble 

10 games - let’s hope we have ranieri kind of balls and not Rodgers kind - at the moment I would kit bet on it 

🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

We're predictable, but QPR basically sat back in a deep 4-4-2 and made no effort to attack for the last 30 minutes, save the odd random break when the ball bounced free.

We kept playing our style, but we don't have the players to break down a well drilled team when they setup entirely to frustrate us. Even if Vardy was 10 years younger today, we wouldn't have turned it round.

Teams have worked out how we play. We are like an open book. We aren't set up to chase games. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Baffled by the decision to leave Coady out. Nelson is gonna be one hell of a player but he was at fault for trying to play offside for their first goal when he just needed to stay with the man. Coady’s won the Championship and fought against relegation, he’s a leader and a proper “mentality monster” to quote Klopp.

Criminal trying to play offside in this league. Officials are behind the ball or just guess what they've seen

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Criminal trying to play offside in this league. Officials are behind the ball or just guess what they've seen

…. Mate? There’s a point where blaming the officials is just futile. Why not just accept the decision itself was shit and wasn’t offside 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Who we could sign in January? A CM from League One or a wonderkid from Football Manager? Meanwhile even ManU don't have a proper CM. Ndidi is the main force of this team. His stats were exceptional in every department until the injury. 

We could have signed various players on loan for CM cover, absolutely no way other teams managed it but we didn’t. 

They knew Ndidi was out, and they also knew Casadei was being recalled, not signing 1 midfielder was a disgrace. 

Not doing so has meant we were now relying on Winks, KDH and Ricardo to play every week, with Praet and Yunus filling in occasionally. Shock horror Ricardo gets another injury! 

1 minute ago, joeybside said:

Turgid. Pathetic and predictable. 72% possession before their first. 1 shot on goal and a reluctance to shoot in favour of moving it sideways. Zero Plan B

There is a Plan B . It's the same as Plan A with added desperation 

6 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We didn’t lose because of Nelson over Coady though did we? 

We lost because we couldn’t create, everyone was terrible in the final third and we only upped our intensity once 2-0 down 

I love Enzo and think he is doing an incredible job but for me it’s a risk to be playing a 19 year old centre back in the end of season run in when you’ve got an ex England centre back who’s still in his prime in the squad. Nelson almost cost us for a 3rd goal at the end when he was booked also. Like I say Nelson is gonna be an unbelievable player but needs must at this point in the season. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Baffled by the decision to leave Coady out. Nelson is gonna be one hell of a player but he was at fault for trying to play offside for their first goal when he just needed to stay with the man. Coady’s won the Championship and fought against relegation, he’s a leader and a proper “mentality monster” to quote Klopp.

Justin was even more at fault for their first goal, committing himself and letting their guy get away to create the chance. 

He had done the same thing 5 minutes earlier, and got turned, and had to commit the foul to stop the same problem arising. 

He should have learnt from the first time!

Justin had an absolute shocker, and should have been hooked for Doyle.

Having said all that, and despite Nelson, in my opinion, being the only player to come out with any credit today, I do agree that Coady needs to come in, and should have played today, because in both the Boro and Leeds game, we lacked experience and leadership,  which Coady has in abundance.

Edited by smudger63

1 minute ago, DB11 said:

…. Mate? There’s a point where blaming the officials is just futile. Why not just accept the decision itself was shit and wasn’t offside 

Same imbeciles probably also detest VAR and expect perfection from referees when in fact they're human, just like players who might make a mistake 🤷🏻

6 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Enzo is this - Enzo is that - the next messiah - the current Rodgers - our way of playing is tremendous- this tedious bullshit is crap - All of it is probably true somehow 

where do we Stand today ?

tuesday was great with a reserve team and the gaffer is a hero again and knows what he is doing 

Well - let’s talk about today and the last 2 league game - how good are we ? How good maresca ? 3 league defeats in a row and the cracks are showing massively - the football has been turgid and we absolutely 100% never go to kill a team  off 

I for one have never ever been on the choo choo enzo train of legends - we’ve still got loads to do - let’s hope he can find a way to make us turn up again or we are in big trouble - Brendan kind of trouble 

10 games - let’s hope we have ranieri kind of balls and not Rodgers kind - at the moment I would kit bet on it 

🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊

Would you have settled for a chance of a quick return to the Premiership at the start of the season? Maresca has stabilised the situation and maybe we have been carried away by our start which was beyond expectations.

• Like 1

Can’t understand why the wingers can’t swap wings at times! When Albrighton comes on he plays on his strong right side, whips in quality without even beating his man. Surely for 10 or 15 minutes in the game we could have a left footer on the left and a right likewise, who knows we might even give our striker a chance!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Pure arrogance by Enzo to put Nelson in.

His time will come, but right now we need proven leaders.

Ffks his name is Nelson…

plus he led us to our only goal..

A shot across the bows

Splice the mainbrace…

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

We can make top two, but I feel likes it's going to take some turning round now.

The Sunderland and Hull games are crucial, and must win for me.

We need that winning momentum back.

If we don't go up automatically, from the position that we were in, there is no way these players are going to be able to turn it round and go up in the play offs.

I dont even think we would get to the play off final, such will be the demoralisation within the club.

Problem I have is we look beaten and out of ideas already. 

Losing to QPR at home is deeply concerning, and we didn’t even look like we had any ideas as to what to do….

Im also a little critical of Enzo, starting Nelson in what was such a big game, we need leadership, why is Coady not on the pitch, and why is Hamza, who is ****ing dreadful, playing as a captain? I don’t get it. 

These last 11 games are all about mentality, grit and determination. Today, QPR looked like they wanted it more than we did, and that’s unforgivable if you’re fighting for promotion.

Ipswich and Southampton have more fight than us, and Leeds bar todays result are in impervious form. 

It all spells out for one thing, a slide into the play offs, where we will be out battles. 

Enzo is inexperienced as a manager, and this is what worries me, because doing what we’re doing now could see us struggle to our points on the board until Bristol…… 

There needs to be a massive conversation had this week, they need to **** off any thoughts of the FA cup and focus solely on sorting this league form out. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Ffks his name is Nelson…

plus he led us to our only goal..

A shot across the bows

Splice the mainbrace…

Would have thought Nelson would love Cannon in the team but we don't play Trafalgar in the championship. 

Noticed how many times we failed to thread balls from back 3 to KDH or front three. Missing Vesty big time and Nelson didn't try this at all. This is central to our system, Cody not brilliant at this, but at least he tried it against Cherries.

16 minutes ago, jerry said:

Would you have settled for a chance of a quick return to the Premiership at the start of the season? Maresca has stabilised the situation and maybe we have been carried away by our start which was beyond expectations.

Has he "stabilised" the situation? Losing 3 on the trot is not we expect or deserve after all the hard work that has been put in.

If we are not careful our season will unravel even further.

• Like 1

It's very much Rodgers ball played better when we are on it.

But when we ain't It's no better and still with no plan b.

We need to mix it up in games as we are so predictable. Change the pace and hit teams on the break at times. Don't give them so long to get in position all the time and sit waiting for us.

• Like 2

We are well drilled in our movements, with the intents in our play, but today QPR we’re just as well drilled in when to press, who to press and where to close passing lanes, wilfully surrendering space where they felt no serious threat would exist.

We were blunt, safe and predictable but this was exacerbated by how well setup QPR were.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

I thought our whole team were honking but Justin was the honkiest by a mile 

It’s difficult, isn’t it? His pace is is so useful when we only play three at the back - but on the ball he has become an absolute liability. 😞

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We are well drilled in our movements, with the intents in our play, but today QPR we’re just as well drilled in when to press, who to press and where to close passing lanes, wilfully surrendering space where they felt no serious threat would exist.

We were blunt, safe and predictable but this was exacerbated by how well setup QPR were.

QPR did their homework which was to watch the Boro game. We looked like a team who did their homework in the bus even though we knew it hadn't worked last time. Maresca was hoping for better and more clinical finishing and didn't get it for the second home game in a row. We play Norwich on April 1st.. I'm guessing they will utilise the same plan as will every team who come to the KP from now on. 

• Like 1