Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

QPR (H) 1-2 Post-Match Thread

Just now, marcymarc666 said:

Four teams battling it out for the top two positions now. Could be a trip to Wembley !

We won't get that far. No way this side has the mentality to win a two legged semi final.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dames said:

Dont want the manager sacked here. I want that useless arselicker we call a ‘director of football’ to sling his hook as a bare minimum. Hes been killing the club for years.

Can't argue with you there mate

52 minutes ago, copunk said:

I cannot believe the huge gap we built up has gone down the drain, it's pathetic 

Exactly this .

Garbage. We will end up.in the playoffs  at this rate

Which I think we won't win if we do. Embarrassing 

• Like 2

Awful, placid first half. Literally waste 45mins doing nothing of note. I seen at one point we had 71% possession and 7 shots on goal vs none for QPR but that didn’t reflect the half at all, it was so slow and laid back we literally wasted a full half … then we go a goal down and seemingly think “oh, we better be a bit more serious and intent when in possession, that’s what killed us for me.

JJ was calamitous in and out of possession, a pathetic performance. He looks complacent when defending thinking his pace will bail him out, early ish on they had it on our byline, and he ‘pre-empted’ the player would pass it back out wide and went charging out wide, which luckily the player did, but he literally could have turned on it and drove right into our box unchallenged if he had any more composure. That set the tone for JJ’s performance, consistently got too tight and turned, in possession … wow. The guy is useless. This game was screaming for Doyle to come on who is a lot more assured on the ball and couldn’t have possibly defended worse.

Hamza was great against Leeds and Bournemouth, but in a game where you dominate the ball, you don’t want Hamza dictating play, like JJ he’s incapable of playing forward to any reasonable level, simply

not good enough and we massively missed Ricky.

It’s going to be very interesting how we get on over the next week now, 2 x tough away games to come, let’s see what character we have … and more importantly, what quality we have going forward. We’re making an absolute hash of this title win!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Total capitulation in form? Jesus, I bet you were a nightmare during the Brendan regime. The league is notoriously plagued with inconsistencies. This is the first time we have seen it. Continuing to play the football that had us on course to win the league with the biggest total points tally is all Enzo needs to do. Along with not listening to people like you, of course.

Had being the operative word, with the biggest wage bill and squad value in championship history, he now has us on course to finish in the play offs, hopefully my distrust is laughed at in May but the mental fragility in this club is clear to see

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I hope Enzo doesn’t say “We controlled the ball, create many chances, deserved to win, but we miss and that’s football”. 

Just to add Saints score a last minute winner 😕

Bet he does

11 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Not necessarily, hes got enough in the bank to be allowed to attempt to turn this around but if he doesn’t and we end up bottling promotion with such a big lead and the biggest wage bill/squad value in championship history you think he deserves to keep his job? 

No I don’t think he would keep his job. His formula of one dimensional footfall worked for a good time as it was a different style for the championship. But the surprise has now gone and the other teams have sussed us out. I doubt if we even make the playoff now.

Think I've been overly positive of late and expected a big win today.

There was nothing there today, no fight, 11 players not knowing what the other was doing, no movement, utter rubbish.

Calling it now, we aren't going up and we'll be third by 5pm this time next week. 

Qpr were terrible.. but they came with a plan, kept their shape and took their two chances.

Genuinely hoped we'd have put the wasted chances to bed today, but we didn't create anything to waste. If riccy is out for a while we're done for 

Would also offer, that was another absolutely terrible ref yet again

That was a very disappointing display. For all our huffing and puffing, all we did was put slow looping calls in the box. Far too easy for QPR to defend against. No creativity or positives at all.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nettle said:

Did Yunus even touch the ball after he came on? I thought he looked decent against Bournemouth but today he was shite

In fairness to him, he came on for Praet, and I’d say he was 100% accurate in his role as Praet. 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Not a huge difference between this performance and most games we were winning earlier in the year. We've played on the margins for most of the season and even with the massive lead we built I was never fully convinced it would be comfortable. We really need Wilf back, he might not have the numbers that KDH has but I think he's been our most effective attacking player this season

Couldn't disagree more on the first point. In those games that we won, for the most part we played decent football with clear patterns of play, and had chances to score.

I don't know what's happened to us (well, apart from our midfield being decimated), but it all looks a little every man for himself out there at the moment. And the last few games we really haven't looked much like scoring.

Was surprised that Coady was not drafted in for Jannik, as that seemed obvious, and this is no slight on Nelson, it’s just that a controller at the back seems to represent the best way for us at the moment.

Looked flat.

• Like 1

Just now, Fox1norfolk said:

No I don’t think he would keep his job. His formula of one dimensional footfall worked for a good time as it was a different style for the championship. But the surprise has now gone and the other teams have sussed us out. I doubt if we even make the playoff now.

We’d have to probably lose every game not to make the play offs and even then I’d say we’d make it, but if we finish in the play offs we sure as hell don’t win the final 

Let's here the excuse today then for that pathetic, leaderless, performance  where we didnt even have a shot on target until the 55th odd minute?

People still think we have nothing to worry about, as I got shot down weeks ago for saying so...

We have no battles, no leaders, no flair players and no goalscorer  and its showing up properly now

I've said last 3 games we need to show what we are made of and give a message to the rest of the league...unfortunately  it's a message saying we are there for the taking. 

• Like 4

We've been relying on individual brilliance far too often. When those players have an off day we become very turgid. KDH just was all huff and puff with no end result today. Mavididi was awful in every way. JJ has just not reached the heights we thought he would pre injury. Daka I just don't know what Enzo see's in him. Vardy at least gave us that little bit of bite. Cannon didn't really do anything when he came on. No idea why Enzo didn't make more subs. The wide men simple were doing nothing. Why not bring on Albrighton. Our decision making was woeful. Nelson I thought was the only one that can hold his head high. Everyone else needs to grow a pair. 

From the position we were in to finishing in the playoffs would be embarrassingly bad and we’re only 4 points away from it happening! Unbelievable to think this a few weeks ago!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Enzo's system is failing, others have worked us out and its shit to watch

They should have worked out that Madidivi and Fatawi can only cross the ball with right and left foot respectively...FFS!  It is sooooo predictable that Fatawi is forever looking for another Bournemouth Wondergoal....we're gonna struggle if Enzo can't see the bleedin' obvious!

Edited by Coalman