Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

QPR (H) 1-2 Post-Match Thread

6 minutes ago, Raj said:

Justin has been inept for many many games. Some of his passes forward were just comical.

I’m a big JJ fan, but he was truly awful today. A lot of attacks broke down through him 

• Like 2

I think the implosion has already started, if you’re trying to win the league you don’t lose to teams in the relegation zone. 

No cutting edge, 

No fight

a complete inability to come from behind. 

The writings on the wall, the lack of depth and lack of quality will kill us, I feared we’d **** up and we did, just a shit mentality.

6 minutes ago, sbfox said:

We don't have the players for that style. 

Style, style, style. I don't care about style. I want a flexible tactical manager. If it's not working you switch things, you swap players positions. Release Mavididi from his one dimensional corner, give him more freedom. Move Justin/Pereira further up midfield with Winks and KDH in the middle. Play with 3 CBs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm one of them who always felt we weren't as good as record suggested. 

Enzo needs to show he can adapt if we are going to get promotion. Momentum is massive and we have lost ours at the crucial time. Worrying times, and it feels a repeat of the Rodgers collapse is happening. 

I know he played 120 minutes on Wednesday and we have another game on Tuesday but not having coady leadership feels like a mistake. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

I think we've played in moments all season. But if I try to think of a typical goal we score, I can't really do it. Obviously it's not bad to score in different ways, but I never saw the clear patterns of play consistently. And even in our most dominant games, we've always conceded chances 

Runners from deep, overloads creating 4v3s and 3v2s. Manifests as either a slotted 1on1 finish, a pass with the second player having an open net, or a pull back resulting in an easy chance. 

If you can't envisage the passage of play which starts with a centre half pinging it off either Winks or a striker coming deep and ends with our runners outnumbering their back line, then I don't think you've been watching us very closely.

What's concerning is that I am noticing less and less of that pattern of play. I'd take relief from somebody telling me I'm wrong and showing examples from today or the last couple of games which shows we're still doing this?

Today it was a case of play it to the winger. Winger cuts inside and floats a harmless ball in. 

I don't know, maybe teams have just stopped falling for the press-baiting. Or we're not doing it at all?

Ironically it seems to me that those who have been frothing at the prospect of Enzo struggling, finally have the opportunity to do so now that we're doing what those fans would have us do. I.e. no 'tippy tappy shite', but I'd argue the lack of it has been to our detriment.

Need a striker who can score not just contribute, Vards is still head and shoulders above the rest but the lads fitness is an understandable issue, Daka will never be a 20 a season man in any league.

I said after 6 games I'd bite yer hand off for 2nd, now I'd take 3rd...

Leeds and Soton are gonna catch us if not Ipswich.. Worried and a bit angry.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
56 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

...and that's the last day i'm visiting this forum for a bit.

I get that it's a bit worrying, i get that we're not happy - but so many posters on here, talk about bottling it.

Unbearable listing to you lot of entitled bitches.

As others have said the happy clapping stuff us boring and I've had enough of listening to that shit.

Some observations, the wingers need to go on the outside more rather than the safe option of cutting inside . In their defence, they can’t always go on the outside as the 8’s are constantly making runs wide looking for the ball down the line, which blocks the space for the winger. They need to mix up that tactic, hold their position at times and keep the winger isolated with the full back. 

A criticism of Enzo’s tactics is that they are so well drilled and machine like they struggle to adapt to in game situations and think on their feet at times. 

Also Justin needs time out of the team, not just been poor on the ball but his defending has been surprisingly poor. Their winger had the beating of him today and the Cov Japanese winger had his pants down too

• Like 4

Just now, escape2victory said:

Some observations, the wingers need to go on the outside more rather than the safe option of cutting inside . In their defence, they can’t always go on the outside as the 8’s are constantly making runs wide looking for the ball down the line, which blocks the space for the winger. They need to mix up that tactic, hold their position at times and keep the winger isolated with the full back. 

A criticism of Enzo’s tactics is that they are so well drilled and machine like they struggle to adapt to in game situations and think on their feet at times. 

Also Justin needs time out of the team, not just been poor on the ball but his defending has been surprisingly poor. Their winger had the beating of him today and the Cov Japanese winger had his pants down too

Spot on

15 minutes ago, Magnum said:

It's no media myth at all. The financial advantage may well be though. The 3 seasons prio to this were under someone else's leadership. Maybe I am wrong, but I can't understand the negativity. Before you start, yes, season ticket holder since 1994.

What evidence do you have the league is any harder then? It’s an objective opinion. I could state Bundesliga 2 with huge crowds of 50k plus with Hamburg, Hertha and Schalke is a more competitive, difficult division. Yet no other league in the world has financial mechanism such as parachute payments giving us the advantage you seem to be ignoring. 

And the three seasons prior have been under the same leadership of Rudkin and Top 

Edited by CosbehFox

Pliskin said:

think the implosion has already started, if you’re trying to win the league you don’t lose to teams in the relegation zone. 

No cutting edge, 

No fight

The writings on the wall, the lack of depth and lack of quality will kill us, I feared we’d **** up and we did, just a shit mentality.

It is not all about mentality it's about our players not being good enough.

Not a patch on pearsons team promoted as champions.That team was better man for Man but it took 3 years to build.Weve had a good start and some Luck.Weve been found out a bit now .Unfortunately the players are not good enough to win the league by a mile.They may get automatic,or they may have to have a go at the play offs.Nevertheless it's been a good season and most of us would have settled for the play offs at the start of the season.

COYB!

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s not the voicing of an opinion that’s the problem, everyone’s welcome to do that. Being a smug **** when we lose is the problem. 

But the sequence goes like this. 

We play a bit poorly but win the game. Someone points out we got away with that. "ah well, winning when not playing well is the sign of champions! We're still 13 points clear. Stop being negative!" 

We play poorly again and draw. Someone says we're not playing well and need to turn it around. "ffs you moaners, we're top of the league by 11 points. Stop wetting the bed!" 

We play badly and lose. Someone says that this is concerning now and it's starting to look a bit like a classic Rodgers season end disaster. "I can't believe you lot. We can't win every game. We're top of the league by 9 points. What more do you want?" 

We lose again. Someone says there's a trend here. "oh my god. You just can't wait to come out and criticise, can you. We've got the best squad in the league. We'll be fine. Ffs, some people lol. We're 7 points clear of 3rd place. Chill out". 

We lose again. Someone points out that we're on an horrendous run of form, couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo and we're plummeting fast and it's been coming for weeks. "bloody hell, you moaners are welcome to have your opinion, but stop being so smug." etc. 

There are many who've been pointing out for probably a couple of months that despite the odd win, we're struggling more and more. It tends to be responded to by people saying they're wet lettuces or bedwetters or similar. They may be right. 

Edited by Flappit
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Id be taking Faes out the starting 11, whenever things get tough hes the epitomy of head loss and capitulation. Vestergaard with Coady next to him when he returns from suspension for me

He is just not arsed about playing for us, just look at how nonchalant any aspect of his play is. I can tell he was one of the players who wanted to leave but was convinced to stay because he plays like he's doing us a favour .

1 minute ago, cropstonfox said:

Pliskin said:

think the implosion has already started, if you’re trying to win the league you don’t lose to teams in the relegation zone. 

No cutting edge, 

No fight

It is not all about mentality it's about our players not being good enough.

Not a patch on pearsons team promoted as champions.That team was better man for Man but it took 3 years to build.Weve had a good start and some Luck.Weve been found out a bit now .Unfortunately the players are not good enough to win the league by a mile.They may get automatic,or they may have to have a go at the play offs.Nevertheless it's been a good season and most of us would have settled for the play offs at the start of the season.

COYB!

Has he been banned? Is this why you are posting by proxy?

Do not agree with some of this by the way, as with 10 games or so to go, it is exactly relegation threatened teams you lose against, as they are so fighting hard.

• Haha 1

Just now, phoneticerror said:

Seriously missed Ricardo and Vesty today.

Such a strange thing, Vesty was the one we miss the most. Bonkers really. He just exerts a level of calm on our game.

• Like 1

It's interesting that many on here criticise the lack of fight in the team but in the same breath appear to give up and announce us being on the canvas 

Season isn't over yet. It's worked up to now. Keep backing FFS, and help to try and  build the confidence back.

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

So all of you whiners,moaners, know-alls..

Tell us what  we should do different,where should we change it !!

I'm not a whiner, moaner, know-all and I posted my opinion re what we could try and change. Response was about style. Let's talk about fashion then.