Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

QPR (H) 1-2 Post-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think it’s gone beyond that now, where is our next win coming from? This team looked beaten at the end of the game, sunk to their knees. 

We’ve lost key players at the wrong time, and those we have available are too inconsistent. We’ve got a weak mentality and an inexperienced manager. We’ve seen this happen before, top two for me now is out of the question, play offs will be the best we can hope for I think. The signs just aren’t good.

We can make top two, but I feel likes it's going to take some turning round now.

The Sunderland and Hull games are crucial, and must win for me.

We need that winning momentum back.

If we don't go up automatically, from the position that we were in, there is no way these players are going to be able to turn it round and go up in the play offs.

I dont even think we would get to the play off final, such will be the demoralisation within the club.

• Like 1

I know the benefit of hindsight but I have never believed that our results equated to our performances. Maybe it's a levelling out process and we were never as good as the hype. Would another season in the Championship be a bad thing with the turnover of players too in the Summer ? Still believe Maresca is the man long term.

5 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Baffled by the decision to leave Coady out. Nelson is gonna be one hell of a player but he was at fault for trying to play offside for their first goal when he just needed to stay with the man. Coady’s won the Championship and fought against relegation, he’s a leader and a proper “mentality monster” to quote Klopp.

Nelson plays a nicer 5 yard pass though, thats the most important thing..

2 minutes ago, jerry said:

I know the benefit of hindsight but I have never believed that our results equated to our performances. Maybe it's a levelling out process and we were never as good as the hype. Would another season in the Championship be a bad thing with the turnover of players too in the Summer ? Still believe Maresca is the man long term.

Absolutely not. If we fail to go up then Maresca and his men will and should be immediately fired.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Baffled by the decision to leave Coady out. Nelson is gonna be one hell of a player but he was at fault for trying to play offside for their first goal when he just needed to stay with the man. Coady’s won the Championship and fought against relegation, he’s a leader and a proper “mentality monster” to quote Klopp.

that's where you need a leader talking him through the game Faes isn't a leader

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

Predictable and stodgy. 

Middlesbrough and now QPR have shown how to play against us. Should have scored two against Middlesbrough but today other than the dace before the goal did their keeper have to make a save? After seeing the Leeds result the players should have been well up for this, but the low risk playing through the middle football sucked the life out of the team. 

Absolutely appalling. 3 defeats, 7 conceded, lead dwindling. Hopefully playing away from home for the rest of the month might be a blessing in disguise!

Looking at what the players offered today, I dont think they care enough, I hope I'm wrong, performances have been lethargic, slow, no passion, desire, motivation, grit, steel it's just bluuuur, come on Enzo get their heads out the clouds 

• Like 1

Always going to feel worse after 3 straight defeats. 

but I’m worried now that momentum, form and injuries are against us, compared to Ipswich, Leeds and Southampton. 

We currently have basically no cover for any of the midfield players 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 1

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

but I’m worried now that momentum, form and injuries are against us, compared to Ipswich, Leeds and Southampton. 

With currently basically no cover for any of the midfield players 

Could it be we'll regret not spending the £500k on sensi 

36 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Disjointed, never really fashioned a single chance just a bit of luck from a free kick makes it looks better than it was (and even then, it's a bad performance from us!!).

I don't know what's going on, has the transfer window turned some heads? Mavididi, DH, two of our best well out of sorts. Or maybe Enzo shouting out when we go up, the squad will be very different.... Maybe not wise words.

Either way, looks like we're gonna bottle it in bigger style than was ever imaginable, from potential record holders to play off hopefulls in a few weeks. It really is incredible....

Top 4 'certainties' in the Premiere League to finish 5th TWICE!  We have form ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Absolutely not. If we fail to go up then Maresca and his men will and should be immediately fired.

Hopefully that is tongue 😝 in cheek comment. 

1 hour ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Style, style, style. I don't care about style. I want a flexible tactical manager. If it's not working you switch things, you swap players positions. Release Mavididi from his one dimensional corner, give him more freedom. Move Justin/Pereira further up midfield with Winks and KDH in the middle. Play with 3 CBs. 

When is JJ ever going to play as a CM? Ludicrous.

11 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Pure arrogance by Enzo to put Nelson in.

His time will come, but right now we need proven leaders.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We currently have basically no cover for any of the midfield players 

I don't think we can include Southampton in that list. 3 defeats in their last 5.

Squad is definitely imbalanced. Can't wait for Wilf to be back.

1 minute ago, jerry said:

Hopefully that is tongue 😝 in cheek comment. 

I don't think we will, but if we DO fail to get promotion,  with the squad of players we have and the permission we were in, would you genuinely want Enzo to stay?

It would be absolutely criminal to not get this team promotion. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

We didn’t lose because of Nelson over Coady though did we? 

We lost because we couldn’t create, everyone was terrible in the final third and we only upped our intensity once 2-0 down 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

I don't think we can include Southampton in that list. 3 defeats in their last 5.

Squad is definitely imbalanced. Can't wait for Wilf to be back.

Southampton have more fight though - quite a lot of points gained late on 

Just now, adejo92 said:

I don't think we will, but if we DO fail to get promotion,  with the squad of players we have and the permission we were in, would you genuinely want Enzo to stay?

It would be absolutely criminal to not get this team promotion. 

And yet some were worried about relegation at the start of the season. Need a sense of perspective we have a good Championship side but miles off a Premier outfit.

5 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Looking at what the players offered today, I dont think they care enough, I hope I'm wrong, performances have been lethargic, slow, no passion, desire, motivation, grit, steel it's just bluuuur, come on Enzo get their heads out the clouds 

Totally agree. I worry they spend too long on the tactical approach to the game, but miss the mental side of the game. We never seem to get angry or aggressive. Just play our football and hope it works. 

• Like 1

Play the same way win draw or lose teams know how to play against us , 2-1 down after 80 mins and still tapping it around as though it's 10 mins played not 10 mins left.we need a plan B desperately.