Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Think we will probably fall foul of their rules anyway given previous losses.

I'd wager FFP is restructured in PL this summer, to give more wiggle room.

As a product the PL can't have 6 or 7 teams unable to spend due to FFP or deducted points.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
14 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Probably - or it’s rudkins fault which is the default opinion! 

It's not a default opinion though.

Our major expense is wages which he's in charge of agreeing. So yes he's responsible.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's not a default opinion though.

Our major expense is wages which he's in charge of agreeing. So yes he's responsible.

Do you honestly think he has the sole responsibility for agreeing multi million pound contracts without an agreement or sanction from SW or Top. There will be a DLA in place like most businesses, as much as he’s not very good at his job to just say he’s responsible is daft and ignorant.

• Thanks 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Do you honestly think he has the sole responsibility for agreeing multi million pound contracts without an agreement or sanction from SW or Top. There will be a DLA in place like most businesses, as much as he’s not very good at his job to just say he’s responsible is daft and ignorant.

He needs the sanction of top. I know for a fact SW has nothing to do with the football anymore.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

He needs the sanction of top. I know for a fact SW has nothing to do with the football anymore.

So by your logic it’s Tops fault rather than Rudkins? Which completely contradicts your first point. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
26 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

So by your logic it’s Tops fault rather than Rudkins? Which completely contradicts your first point. 

Cheers Tommy G. They're thick as thieves those two so yes probably Top, but Rudkin has his fingerprints all over it.

But yes I'm the WUM.

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

FFP will change in the summer.

That’s for sure - because you can see Villa and Newcastle in particular failing with the £105m limit. Be aligned to the UEFA FFP rule 

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It's a high end product which is going to be devalued by half the clubs failing FFP.

You can't call it the best league in the world if half the clubs can't sign players.

And also have to sell players to those big six to 'protect the brand' and because those clubs don't get punished. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

That’s for sure - because you can see Villa and Newcastle in particular failing with the £105m limit. Be aligned to the UEFA FFP rule 

Been the same limit since 2013 which is ridiculous given the explosion in TV money since then.

Just now, MadsEmil said:

Rudkin needs to be sacked pronto

How someone in charge can bring the club to the brink of existence and not see consequences is beyond me.

You mean we don't exist yet? And yet everyone on FT seems to be having some sort of existential crisis!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Shit rules. Villa in trouble too. 

Villa are seemingly trying to speed run what we have done as well

Latest set of accounts had their wages at £194m which is above what even we managed, and I am not sure that will even include some of their big buys last summer who will be on massive money

• Like 1

According to a finance expert on TalkSport a week or so ago, Chelsea need to sell £100 million of pure profit on players before the end of June to comply.

• Haha 3

Regarding our general finances I was thinking about the Fofana situation, apparently there could eventually be 5 Million in add ons due, some based on appearances some on achievements. Whilst we’ve had some fun with the “grass isn’t greener” progress of his career we could have done with him staying fit and Chelsea not being so s**t! If it’s as touch and go as it sounds for us every Million helps :dunno:

Fuch it, just deduct every premier League club and whoever gets promoted with us 15pts from the off, apart from us. Let’s see how quickly we could blow that lead. I reckon 8 matches in. 

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

Whoever is responsible, Vichai would be turning in his grave if he could see how the club has been run since his death. 

The silence of Top is quite concerning, to be honest.

Might be just me, but found it quite strange that he proposed at the King Power Stadium the other week.

2 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Whoever is responsible, Vichai would be turning in his grave if he could see how the club has been run since his death. 

He'd probably be turning in his grave at what a corrupt wankfest football has become. No place now for people like Vichai to have a dream of building a football team, else the corrupt authorities will slap you down for daring to believe. 

Getting bleary eyed reading this and similar thread on EFL announcement and a couple of things puzzle me that I haven’t seen discussed . As I understand it this issue has come about as a result of relegation last season and moving from one set of financial rules to another. I accept if we had stayed in Premier League we would probably be in trouble with them anyway

However we are one of 3 teams that were relegated so what’s the situation with Leeds and Southampton?

Too tired to go looking at their financials for the same period but surely both also have Premier League expenses somewhat trimmed but a massive drop in revenue due to TV money etc ...

Also if we do need to sell "assets" to comply, other clubs will be aware we are desperate and the likes of KDH/Ricky P and Ndidi could go for very little money comparatively.