Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

It seems we spent but didnt get the champions league money.

Out of interest does any one know if players were signed from Brendan's agent of an agent employing his relatives?

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

Selling youri for £25m in summer 2022 and cags for similar in summer 2021 would have made a big difference 

does anyone know if we actually turned away fees for them or if they were both set on seeing out their contracts and taking the money ?

15 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

A poor pass is not against the laws/rules of the game. If a law/rule of the game is broken on the pitch (I.e bad foul) it is punished so unsure of the point you are trying to make.

Off the pitch, a poor decision that doesn’t break rules would not be punished, I.e the odd duff signing. If you make enough bad decisions over and over until you are breaking the financial laws of the game, of course you should get punished. 

Your point is like saying ‘It was just a poor decision that I was drunk when I got in my car and drove into that person so I shouldn’t be punished’.

You don’t understand 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

It seems we spent but didnt get the champions league money.

Out of interest does any one know if players were signed from Brendan's agent of an agent employing his relatives?

Wasn’t his son somehow involved in the Bertrand transfer? I might have remembered wrong. But to my mind I remember his son being involved with one of the players we signed because I remember thinking, ‘How is this not a conflict of interest?’ 

• Like 1

On 26/03/2024 at 20:55, Ric Flair said:

Whilst this is true that a few poor transfers or transfer windows hurt the rest of the PL compared to the big 6, that's more to do with their PL status rather than PSR explicitly.

Take us for example, there's seemingly plenty of our fans willing to go along with the narrative that the reason we've gotten in to this mess is because we made some poor transfer decisions and because we got relegated - incorrect. As has all but been confirmed, any breach for the 3 year cycle including 2022/23 would likely have happened whether we won the league last season or got relegated. There wasn't a scenario that would see us not do so if selling Fofana and Maddison wasn't enough.

The differential between finishing 1st or 18th is about £34m about what we got for Harvey Barnes and if we fall short of the limit by around that figure then the question will be asked why we didn't push for Barnes to be sold before the end of June. Although this also brings the question that if we have failed then what was the point in selling Maddison early for a lesser fee than anticipated? That's one thing I'm struggling to get my head around.

Anyway, I come back to how we may have gotten in to this mess. If it were merely down to getting transfers right then how would that have made us compliant for the 3 year cycle? If Daka and Soumare were successes and key first team players it wasn't what was riding on our future compliance, I can't get my head around the clubs strategy for 2021/22. The only scenario for doing what they did was that they forecast Champions League would occur at the 3rd time of asking and then from there we'd back it up with other top 4 finishes. Baring in mind the plan was never to sell Fofana in 2022 and we barely signed anyone after we did, then we needed to raise £100m + from prize money, TV money and additional commercial revenue in 2022/23. Again, it cannot have been a genuine forecast for 2022/23 in light of all the issues that we were going to have a successful season. Rodgers even went on record saying the club were aware the season could be a struggle without a rebuild, surely they modelled for that.

This is where it is a major failing on the clubs part to not sell players who's contracts were running down. If they weren't intending to sell high value assets in the summer of 2021 or 2022 then where were they intending to generate the revenue needed to comply? Likewise if they didn't build in any financial flexibility to move flops on for less than their remaining book value then this was never about transfers.

It's possible to think PSR is no longer fit for purpose but that does not negate from what on earth our strategy had become. 

If this was the case then it just makes the delay in sacking Rodgers even more absurd to me. We massively underperformed against those expectations.

7 hours ago, An Away Move said:

Wasn’t his son somehow involved in the Bertrand transfer? I might have remembered wrong. But to my mind I remember his son being involved with one of the players we signed because I remember thinking, ‘How is this not a conflict of interest?’ 

Me too... I will have a look onnline

7 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

You don’t understand 

I understand perfectly what you were saying thank you and it is a load of rubbish. Disagree with the rules all you like (I don’t agree with them myself and think they are elitist) but to compare us breaking the financial rules with the string of poor decisions made to a bad pass on the pitch is such an odd point to make as an attempted defence lol

8 hours ago, An Away Move said:

Yes, his son worked with Bertrand's agents company. Another cosy little deal eh?

It's my understanding that in law you can't be punished twice for the same offence, (double jeopardy), but it seems when it comes to football both the Prem and EFL can apply their seriously flawed self-serving "laws" for the same inept business decisions. 

Edited by PaulW
Grammar

37 minutes ago, PaulW said:

It's my understanding that in law you can't be punished twice for the same offence, (double jeopardy), but it seems when it comes to football both the Prem and EFL can apply their seriously flawed self-serving "laws" for the same inept business decisions. 

it’s a rolling three year cycle so in theory, we cannot be punished twice 

if we failed both cycles 20-23 and 21-24, then the second points deduction would be adjusted to take account of the seasons that we’d already been sanctioned for. 

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I understand perfectly what you were saying thank you and it is a load of rubbish. Disagree with the rules all you like (I don’t agree with them myself and think they are elitist) but to compare us breaking the financial rules with the string of poor decisions made to a bad pass on the pitch is such an odd point to make as an attempted defence lol

Like I say, you don’t understand. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Seems Forest need to sell before end of June to meet PSR for 23/24.

Screenshot_20240329_090546_X.jpg

That's either a big player sale or a few medium ones following remaining book values surely?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think they will sell Gibbs-White.

Brought for ~£25m in 2022/2023, with around £17m add ons over a 5yr contract.

Book value would be ~£20m, assuming no add ons have kicked in. So they'd need to sell for a minimum of £35m (assuming no add ons), and that is just to break even. 

He's played 71 times for Forest with 9 goals and 13 assists. 

Is any side going to want to pay £40m+ for him? Given everyone who would be interested is in the same boat financially