Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Those Daka and Soumare wages lollollol

Even Justin on £100k/w is ridiculous (from the club if true, not you @Ric Flair!)

Ward should be paying the club for the privilege of being associated with a professional football club. A promoted to the PL one at that...

I wonder how much they were on at their previous clubs - 15 - 20k?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’m pretty sure that Ricky’s renewal was below 6 figures - I’d guess 75k.  (we renewed him as he began to play after his last big injury - he wasn’t in a position to demand too much - we were taking a chance giving him till 2027).   and JJ would be on a par with bouba/patson at most.

but the majority of ric’s guesses are likely close 

Edited by st albans fox

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m pretty sure that Ricky’s renewal was below 6 figures - I’d guess 75k.  (we renewed him as he began to play after his last big injury - he wasn’t in a position to demand too much - we were taking a chance giving him till 2027).   and JJ would be on a par with bouba/patson at most.

Yeah quite possibly but they were still at a time where some of the decision making makes you wince.

We possibly viewed the ability to extend Ricardo as a huge opportunity due to the risk around his injury proneness as opposed to him being one who'd have looked to leave if he hadn't suffered and gave him a big whack ala Fofana.

Posted (edited)

The latest Simon Jordan and Stefan Borson video on YouTube states that Chelsea are still being investigated for the 2022/23 season.

They appear to pass PSR for that season but only if their dodgy £70m hotel deal is accepted by the PL. They have sold it to themselves but leased it back to Chelsea in a way that allows all of the future profits to be kept in the club. To do this they needed prior approval which they didn't obtain.

If the PL decides that this is acceptable, this would be a bargaining chip for us as we haven't taken the option of selling seagrave or belvoir drive to king power. I presume the club probably owns other assets such as houses that could have been used in the same scam.

Edited by kenny
Missed key words. Div.

37 minutes ago, kenny said:

The latest Simon Jordan and Stefan Borson video on YouTube states that Chelsea are still being investigated for the 2022/23 season.

They appear to pass PSR for that season but only if their dodgy £70m is accepted by the PL. They have sold it to themselves but leased it back to Chelsea in a way that allows all of the future profits to be kept in the club. To do this they needed prior approval which they didn't obtain.

If the PL decides that this is acceptable, this would be a bargaining chip for us as we haven't taken the option of selling seagrave or belvoir drive to king power. I presume the club probably owns other assets such as houses that could have been used in the same scam.

There really is lots to like about football, but the list of things not to like about it, is rapidly closely the gap.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Justin was on barely that at Luton. 

2nd contract for JJ, was just after he had come back from doing his Cruciate though...

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

As much as we can rejoice about this season ending in the way it did, there’s little doubt next season will be tough.

Points deduction, contracts, will KDH stay, Enzo apparently being sniffed after.

And a squad that starts in the Premiership as, at best, average currently.

Enjoy the Euros kids and let’s see who we sign!

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Same reason we were able to go from 8th to 18th is the reason we are able to thrive in the prem, its fine margins Bournemouth are 10th, even with a points deduction we can be clear of the drop.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Haha 1

On 08/05/2024 at 08:59, StanSP said:

Ffs should we have been miserable for the last 9 months? 

No we shouldnt but the future is very bleak because of mismanagement and the owners and fans are burying their heads in the sand over winning the second tier. 

We are not going to be able to compete for years to come and god knows where its going to land us and the ownership are getting away with it.

Any other club would be up in arms about how we handled the psr stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/05/2024 at 12:30, sylofox said:

I totally agree with that.

But at that time we had probably best ever recruitment team in place. Something else along with our finances that's become a joke over recent years.

We are all guessing what's going to happen. But at this present time I see very little that is right with our club. Other than the promotion.

I think we have shown positive signs of rebuilding that recruitment team though. Its not at the level it was yet but Glover has shown he is capable. Glover was definitely responsible for finding fatawu and if he was involved in a few others as well e.g. mavididi, Winks (I know he was well known but alot of people had written him off) hermanson. The signs are positive 

• Like 1

On 08/05/2024 at 17:18, HankMarvin said:

Psr isn’t 105m for us with one year in the champ at 50% so it will be 87.5m for the next few seasons until it changes 

At the point we have been charged by the prem for though it is 105 m so if after expected deductions we lost 140 m the breach is around 35 m in line with forests breach so surely we should only expect a similar punishment

• Like 1

Surely we won't end up the only team with a points deduction, I can't see Forest and Everton sorting out their finances sufficiently to not get done again. Chelsea will probably fall foul of it at some point next season as well.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Ricardo’s wage will be going back up to 120K a week.

Vardy was on 160K before relegation. 

1 hour ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

At the point we have been charged by the prem for though it is 105 m so if after expected deductions we lost 140 m the breach is around 35 m in line with forests breach so surely we should only expect a similar punishment

Yeah we should not be getting anything more than what Forest have received. 

2 hours ago, Dames said:

No we shouldnt but the future is very bleak because of mismanagement and the owners and fans are burying their heads in the sand over winning the second tier. 

We are not going to be able to compete for years to come and god knows where its going to land us and the ownership are getting away with it.

So what's your solution? 

Can we not celebrate returning back to the PL at first time? Would have been much worse had we not, no? 

48 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Didn't the breakdown of our finances reveal that we hadn't got relegation clauses in our wages? Our wages went up not down apparently.

Hamza for instance was (reportedly) on 53k a week and he renewed his deal in September. I can't imagine he reduced his wages on renewal and would have had a fat signing fee on that too.

56 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Yeah we should not be getting anything more than what Forest have received. 

Except we haven't co-operated and are challenging them through every legal process possible. It'll be 8 and you can guarantee the Prem will have recommended even higher. If we look like breaching the next season too we'll be heading for a 2nd deduction, just like Everton this season.

Our best hope for survival is other promoted sides like Ipswich +Norwich/WBA etc struggle and others get hit with deductions. Otherwise we'll be looking at needing 48pts to head off the deductions.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Didn't the breakdown of our finances reveal that we hadn't got relegation clauses in our wages? Our wages went up not down apparently.

Hamza for instance was (reportedly) on 53k a week and he renewed his deal in September. I can't imagine he reduced his wages on renewal and would have had a fat signing fee on that too.

Except we haven't co-operated and are challenging them through every legal process possible. It'll be 8 and you can guarantee the Prem will have recommended even higher. If we look like breaching the next season too we'll be heading for a 2nd deduction, just like Everton this season.

Our best hope for survival is other promoted sides like Ipswich +Norwich/WBA etc struggle and others get hit with deductions. Otherwise we'll be looking at needing 48pts to head off the deductions.

We successfully challenged the PL and EFL because they were breaking their own rules. I'd love to see them try to justify punishing us for entirely correct legal challenges. The PL can ask for what it wants, but it is the panel that decides - and the biggest points deduction they've given for a single offence is six points. Forest got four and there's no evidence to suggest our case is much worse than theirs...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

You're being a little bit melodramatic here. The future is not 'very bleak'. Yes, we will have a points deduction next season for the 2020-23 breach, but if we're smart in the transfer market this summer there is a good chance that there will be at least three worse teams than us. Survival is a very achievable aim. July 1 marks the beginning of a new accounting period and a number of high earners will come off the books, freeing up some space for new players. We will be active in the transfer market this summer even if we're not shelling out £30-40m on one player, which hasn't really worked well for us anyway.

As for the owners, 'getting away with it', what do you suggest? They're still the owners and that isn't going to change. And regarding your claim that any other club being 'up in arms' about their PSR breaches, I haven't seen much evidence of that at Everton or Forest...

I want a -18 point deduction at the start of the season. We then have the year with no pressure.

In the final week we appeal and get all the points back thereby relegating Forest and moving us into 6th and a place in Europe.

JD.

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Could you confirm this is actual knowledge on your part?   

in feb ‘22 Ricky signed a four year extension. At that time he was still not playing regularly.  it was thought that the club had exploited his injury issues to get him to renew on a reasonable salary (similar to the standard 80k many were earning) 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

IMHO: we will get hit with two deductions, eight points each. We might be able to argue it down to six each, but we are probably looking at a total deduction of 12-16 points next season. 

Two deductions because we haven't had anything deducted for the last season, and will declare a breach again this season. Eight points because our losses are much bigger than other clubs. 

3 hours ago, Dames said:

I agree. We have just had a great season, but there are huge stormclouds on the horizon, and they are the direct result of stunning financial mismanagement at board level. There is no cause for optimism. 

Edited by MonkeyTennis?
  • Haha 3