Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, The Bear said:

Newcastle obviously. The only other Saudi/Middle East owned club. 

I’m sure I read somewhere that it isn’t Newcastle 

EDIT:  reported this evening that Everton, Chelsea and Newcastle are expected to support Man City.  I think it was Chelsea who were already behind them

be interesting what we do given the hole we’re in. 

Edited by st albans fox

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The Premier League is absolutely untenable at this point - in its current form and with its current leadership team. They did nothing to stop Chelsea from spending their way to glory 20 years ago, then when Man City were bought out in 2008 they sat through 5 years of their financial cheating before finally bringing in FFP rules to stop another club doing it again. Then they sat and watched Man City cheat for another 5 years before starting their investigation, which took another 5 years before they would actually bring the charges. That itself was almost 2 years ago.

Two things they never anticipated:

1. That it was even possible for a club to come out of nowhere and win their league fairly.

2. The effect of their FFP rules on that club.

It's bad enough that their broadcast model has been ripping off fans for 30 years - denying us the same access our foreign counterparts have AND charging us 2-3 times for the privilege. Worse - that the same deal favours the bigger clubs; gives them more screentime, more money and more exposure for sponsors and merchandising. Disproportionately more money and power to clubs that haven't earned it.

The worst thing they've done was their response to the Super League. £3m per club, for breaking the league's rules and trying to destroy its business model, trying to bankrupt every other Premier League AND football league club while also destroying any chance of actual fair competition.

They panicked at the threat of a football regulator by this government and so tried to introduce PSR to be more restrictive. Which has already been broken by two clubs, Everton and Forest; while several other clubs have lost ground in the competition in having to comply - Villa and Newcastle.

We committed serious self-harm on our ability to compete in order to comply in 2022 yet still managed to break it anyway (inviting the absurd situation where the Premier League are charging us with gaining a sporting advantage in a season in which we were relegated); our spending was only higher than our income because our income was restricted by the Premier League's abject failure to hold ACTUAL CHEATS accountable.

Then they demonstrably broke their own rules and acted outside of their jurisdiction in their desperation to punish us. I believe we have a serious case for significant compensation from the Premier League.

A football regulator is now inevitable (and worse for the Premier League, they can't rely on this corrupt government to be half-arsed about it) and HAS to come in.

What we need to do as a fanbase is to make sure the ministers involved in the football regulator are fully informed of the Premier League's failures, what the "big" clubs have been up to, and how it has affected certain clubs, especially ours. @Foxes_Trust @Foxes Trust Reform aim to keep the club accountable and I completely agree that the club are culpable for a lot, but this is a massive, massive opportunity for change in football and one that we should be trying to capitalise on.

They've already had precedent of a club coming out of nowhere and winning the league.

Jack Walker and Blackburn did the exact same thing, it was just cheaper back then.

I object 100% to these PSR rules and hope Man City **** the premier league because it prevents a club like Leicester from competing with the entitled top 6 who think they have a divine right to protect their cartel and keep out the 'smaller' clubs.

We have our PSR issues with losses of a round £200 million but the rules prevent King Power from investing that amount in the club to clear the financial losses on the PSR balance sheet.

Instead the EPL will deduct points, they will not look on us with compassion either because a 'smaller' club dared to challenge them and win in the courts earlier this year.

Edited by trooky

If Man city win their case 

They could sell their stadium rights for 1 billion

They say that the 14 club vote is wrong and should be 11 only.

Discriminating against middle Eastern owners.

This is a diversionary tactic to stop the rules They broke and masked from being used to punish them.

If Man city win their case then the Premier league will be even more top heavy. 

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Good! Hope the Premier League have to rethink this whole thing, as it feels like they are shitting on their own doorstep with these rules. 

Most important thing for them, is to keep the Premier League the best in the world, whilst also not allowing clubs to bankrupt themselves with dodgy owners. 

Drop all charges against us! :teehee:

I think it’s wise to expect that this may be the last season in the prem for some time, points reductions, limits on spending we will be watched like a hawk. 

The inevitable drop to the championship will likely be met with some form of discipline action by the EFL for last season, maybe the transfer embargo comes back into action. 

It’s looking like a slippery road from here on in due to an incompetence from the top down. 

• Haha 2

The premier league is becoming desperate……. 

Whilst they’re being shafted, they’re trying to shaft the rest of us……. It’s almost like a mad dictator clambering to the last bit of power they have. 

I can see this genuinely all falling apart, Man City aren’t going to back down, they will relentlessly pursue their case, because they won’t accept defeat and be potentially relegated….. this whole this will likely end in the fall of the EPL on its current format. 

2 minutes ago, WhoGivesAFuchs said:

I think it’s wise to expect that this may be the last season in the prem for some time, points reductions, limits on spending we will be watched like a hawk. 

The inevitable drop to the championship will likely be met with some form of discipline action by the EFL for last season, maybe the transfer embargo comes back into action. 

It’s looking like a slippery road from here on in due to an incompetence from the top down. 

I don’t think it will even happen. I think what you’ll see if all premier league clubs demanding a change in the rules and the EPL will have to comply. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stu said:

So clubs can try and set their own loss allowance how come we are in the spotlight and fearing a points loss when the majority of premier league teams are in the same boat lol

1 hour ago, trooky said:

We're all ready facing a points deduction and we're not going to reduce our losses from £181 mil to £83 mil by selling KDH to comply, so we should just keep our assets accept the punishment and try to secure enough points to stay in the league.

Danny Ward to the Saudi's.....£100m

2 hours ago, trooky said:

We're all ready facing a points deduction and we're not going to reduce our losses from £181 mil to £83 mil by selling KDH to comply, so we should just keep our assets accept the punishment and try to secure enough points to stay in the league.

We're likely to be able to reduce that by £60m + on deductibles. So with Enzo's compensation and a large sale we might not be far away. All depends what the wage situation ended up being for 23/24.

3 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Good! Hope the Premier League have to rethink this whole thing, as it feels like they are shitting on their own doorstep with these rules. 

Most important thing for them, is to keep the Premier League the best in the world, whilst also not allowing clubs to bankrupt themselves with dodgy owners. 

Drop all charges against us! :teehee:

Only 2 clubs voted to increase the loss allowance from 105 to 135

seems a bit odd 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhoGivesAFuchs said:

Or we stay up. Have a bit of faith man. Dilly ding dilly dong

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

That’s bizarre thinking there. Operating costs have increased substantially since the £105m limit was in. Basically they’d rather kill each other than actually make a sensible claim. 

I suppose the argument is that revenue has increased significantly since that limit was agreed and the desire is for no losses long term anyway. Hence the 85% ratio to revenue with it eventually dropping to 70%.

• Like 1