Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

7 minutes ago, DZ-LCFC said:

what does that mean 

Sounds like we might not start with a deduction but will absolutely get one once we've exhausted these appeals?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think - We tried to loophole our way out of the 22/23 charge and got told no

Yes, the fact we are appealing kicks the can even further down the road.

We are challenging the wording (textual) as the rules are poorly worded (like most of my posts) they are arguing its about context of the rules not the textual.

I think this could get very messy.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

Just now, AjcW said:

Sounds like we might not start with a deduction but will absolutely get one once we've exhausted these appeals?

We were never going to start with a deduction, we are on the old rules timescales.

It took them from roughly March 2023-November 2023 to deduct Everton their first deduction.

22 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

very much sounds we are playing the Man City game and trying (not sure how successful this will be!) to keep pushing it down the road. 

Personally if we have (which we have) broken the rules just take the punishment, surely its better to know what we are up against. 

if the club expect it to be hefty, kicking it down the road means that we have a better chance of convincing players to join us. A big fat -12 may well be enough to put off most players. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Definitely trying to loop hole, won’t allow me to copy and paste form the report but screenshotted important points below

IMG_5322.thumb.jpeg.8aa2aac2700db5ac592e2a0a509bab9d.jpegIMG_5323.thumb.jpeg.7fe0d2b411a3408eedb7f26cc529068b.jpegIMG_5324.thumb.jpeg.b9fb484874c71b92fdf7458a7a1ca66e.jpeg

Edited by jammie82uk

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

So you lost the appeal. Now you're going to appeal the appeal? 

Surely that's it already. 

This isn’t an appeal, this was the original case that the premier league made

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Bear said:

So you lost the appeal. Now you're going to appeal the appeal? 

Surely that's it already. 

No we're going to claim immunity as former PL winners! :whistle:

And expensive way of kicking an inevitable points deduction down the line. Although would be funny if the appeals process doesn't get resolved until next May but we're already relegated therefore rendering it pointless.

Annoying if we drag it out till then and result in a points deduction that gets us relegated. 

Either way, I'd rather we take our punishment and don't let it hang over our heads for the season. Just need to move on from the mess created over the past 3-4 seasons 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Sounds like we tried to appeal on a technicality and basically got told to do one and get a grip. 

When should the 22-23 punishment / points deduction taken effect, last season?

Does the EPL have it in the rules that they can suspend punishment by a season?

What if a club fails PSR, is then relegated and doesn't come back up for 5 years, do they then get the deduction for the breach in the EPL?

The whole thing is total bollocks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sounds like we tried to appeal on a technicality and basically got told to do one and get a grip. 

The club have a point that it is stupid.

We stopped being a PL club a month before the end of the accounting period so they are charging an EFL club with the breach.

I don't have an issue with this, but there is no doubt the rule are poorly worded at best and incompetently put together.

• Like 2