Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

I read somewhere that Forest's deduction can only be increased if the Premier League appeals against the decision to reduce it. An independent panel won't increase it in response to an appeal from Forest. If that's the case, Forest may as well appeal as they have nothing to lose in doing so. It doesn't mean they'll get anywhere, of course.

Not suggesting it will happen but there simply aren’t any restrictions at all when it comes to what an appeal panels powers  indeed at W78.8 of the Appeal Boards Powers it states that it can make “Such order as it thinks fit”

The first thing that Forest have to do is convince the IC that an appeal is allowed.

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We're talking about Notts Forest while hired Clattenburg to try and bribe the refs. I'm not sure we can take any confidence from their actions.

Fair points, I did feel a bit queasy when writing that post. 

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting to note that if a club fails PSR, gets a deduction for failing, and then is relegated; they're almost definitely then failing the next year without a fire sale.

What's the point in bothering to compete when the outcome is already already set in stone?

6 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We're talking about Notts Forest while hired Clattenburg to try and bribe the refs. I'm not sure we can take any confidence from their actions.

That Clattenburg thing is the twattiest appointment…no, twattiest THING, I’ve ever seen in football. It’s soooo Forest.

Edited by Saxondale

Just now, Itsthejoeker said:

How are we supposed to develop youth talent and sell them for huge profit if clubs like Liverpool can nab them for free at 16?

We just have to do it to teams below us or look to pick up players from bigger clubs where they aren’t happy with their current pathway

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

We just have to do it to teams below us or look to pick up players from bigger clubs where they aren’t happy with their current pathway

Shame isn't it? 

Instead of fixing the issues, we just have to play the system and damage clubs below us. 

We've done the taking players from bigger clubs before, but it's not kicked on at all 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

How are we supposed to develop youth talent and sell them for huge profit if clubs like Liverpool can nab them for free at 16?

Or we should have the cahones to play 16 and 17 y o in the first team set up like liverpool do. So kids and parents can see a pathway before they’re 19/20.  We have given the odd 18 y o a go but it’s rare 

I can understand a kid wanting to go to anfield way more than I can to Man City 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Or we should have the cahones to play 16 and 17 y o in the first team set up like liverpool do. So kids and parents can see a pathway before they’re 19/20.  We have given the odd 18 y o a go but it’s rare 

I can understand a kid wanting to go to anfield way more than I can to Man City 

We have improved on giving chances under Enzo.

We need to be brave and do more and also be more proactive on loans.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Feel like we've really let this side of it go. 

Honestly think we'd have been better looking at L1 players with lots of potential rather than say Akgun 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Honestly think we'd have been better looking at L1 players with lots of potential rather than say Akgun 

Will sound awful, but Reading regularly produce quality talent, with the mess they've had, we could've poached a few. 

46 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

If we really are waiting until they 19, thats something we need to address, talent should be identifiable before that age, and first pro contracts are typically not expensive.

How much do you think Liverpool threw at Trey for his first pro contract ? 

Guess you could argue he is an exception rather than the rule but its these top drawer ones that hit the headlines

It would have been interesting to see if we'd have used him this season. He's been excellent for their U18 and U21 side but knowing us we'd not have picked him in the U21s let alone our 1st team.

Although he would likely be the exception under Enzo.

14 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

How much do you think Liverpool threw at Trey for his first pro contract ? 

Guess you could argue he is an exception rather than the rule but its these top drawer ones that hit the headlines

£20k+ PW was the rumoured figure.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

It would have been interesting to see if we'd have used him this season. He's been excellent for their U18 and U21 side but knowing us we'd not have picked him in the U21s let alone our 1st team.

Although he would likely be the exception under Enzo.

It's really unfortunate timing that they go for him when we are at a low ebb and on the back of a manager who has been extremely reluctant to give our youths a chance.  I think there's a good chance that had he stayed this summer Enzo would have brought him into first team training and given him positive encouragement. Of course, given the money Liverpool could bribe him with and their position in the league hierarch, it may still not have been enough to make a difference.

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I agree, but I assume we were looking for loans to cut down on outlay in the summer.

You'd have to buy a league 1 player for a decent amount.