Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

I hate to say it and I know the rules aren’t all that fair , but like any company the people at the top should be following them and if not be sacked and we deserve a punishment unfortunately and that it what makes me sick to realise. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sishades said:

This. Holy crap. We could find ourselves with only academy players next season. The only way is down.

Was thinking myself not so much about having Academy players and are unable to sign new players or renewing contracts.

But more the fact maybe 2-3 players were going to sign new deals at the end of the season, and now are told they can’t sign due to the sanctions, and now their future may be to look elsewhere, and this may coincide with our drop off in form and not giving 100% and risk injury?

Made the point to mates on Friday, you are going to end up with 10 plus clubs struggling to keep their loses below the limit.

And then the issue is there are no buyers for the players to get those clubs back even.

Particularly given there’s a trend developing now of players waiting contracts out. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Made the point to mates on Friday, you are going to end up with 10 plus clubs struggling to keep their loses below the limit.

And then the issue is there are no buyers for the players to get those clubs back even.

Particularly given there’s a trend developing now of players waiting contracts out. 

I envisage a situation where clubs are forced to cut cloths accordingly meaning there are not enough clubs to take players on.

This could mean players are forced to lower wage demands, which wouldn't be before time but let's be honest never going to happen and even if it did happen I still don't see that it'd be to a level that complies with FFP.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I envisage a situation where clubs are forced to cut cloths accordingly meaning there are not enough clubs to take players on.

This could mean players are forced to lower wage demands, which wouldn't be before time but let's be honest never going to happen and even if it did happen I still don't see that it'd be to a level that complies with FFP.

But there'll certainly have to be a moment where the metaphorical bubble bursts for this to happen. 

Everton, Forest and Us could be that moment or just the tip of the iceberg.

Whilst thing aren't currently great, Everton have had horrendous time under since he became majority share holder in February 2016.

At least we have some to show for it, PL title, FA Cup, Community Shield, 3 European campaigns.

Screenshot_20240331_220719_X.jpg

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If I were playing devils advocate then I might express that without the constraints of psr then Everton could be in a level of debt that might not be recoverable  

Its recoverable by the owner writing it off?

36 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Its recoverable by the owner writing it off?

I think the club now has loans with lenders other than moshiri 

Anyway, my point is that Everton could be in a way worse financial  position if they hadn’t been making efforts to meet psr over the past two seasons 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, iancognito said:

This thread is an incredible read about how one club can screw itself into the ground. I know stadium construction isn't included in losses but they are in a world of trouble.

Lcfc - hold my beer !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iancognito said:

This thread is an incredible read about how one club can screw itself into the ground. I know stadium construction isn't included in losses but they are in a world of trouble.

Three year loses of £255m but they'll print some banner saying the Premier League is "corrupt".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-FOX said:

BTW when anti-football had us clear at the top with one defeat in 17 were you unhappy or are you here on the back of a few defeats?

I became unhappy with the style of play after about 7/8 games. I do not really care about winning when it is so tiresome to achieve and utterly boring to watch.

Blackburn away and Southampton away were rare flashes of excitement. It is always the case with ideologues that once it stalls it never comes back (Mourinho is a good example).

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

£90m loss being reported tomorrow 

Is that good or bad. From what what people on the forum we were looking a loss of £200m

3 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

Is that good or bad. From what what people on the forum we were looking a loss of £200m

Still bad. This'll be the 22/23 accounts so you're allowed up to 105m over three years so long as 90 of that is covered by owners in debt to equity like structures. That's on average a max of 35m per season, so we're nowhere near close to being in compliance. 

17 minutes ago, Bert said:

£90m loss being reported tomorrow 

Which would be £214 m three year running total ( not for psr purposes)

if the loss is really that high then I reckon we’ve stuck a fair bit of bad news into last season and maybe even dragged madders into this one. 

the previous one was comparable and whilst we sold little wes which brought in approx £35m profit,  we didn’t have European income and we’re 10 places lower in the league.  Hence wes’ profit could be seen to cover the fall off in euro and PL finish income.  So where is madders’ £30m profit? 

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Which would be £214 m three year running total ( not for psr purposes)

if the loss is really that high then I reckon we’ve stuck a fair bit of bad news into last season and maybe even dragged madders into this one. 

the previous one was comparable and whilst we sold little wes which brought in approx £35m profit,  we didn’t have European income and we’re 10 places lower in the league.  Hence wes’ profit could be seen to cover the fall off in euro and PL finish income.  So where is madders’ £30m profit? 

Lil wes would fall into this one no? As he was sold in aug 22, and the previous accounts were to 30 jun 2022