Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

Question

next season in the PL, the psr rules change to become percentage of turn over 

does that mean the three year rolling total falls away?  Or does the new measure simply deliver a figure calculated a new way and the three year rolling 105m max loss stays in place ?

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Lil wes would fall into this one no? As he was sold in aug 22, and the previous accounts were to 30 jun 2022

Yes

im saying that his income could be seen to cover the missing euro and PL finishing place income 

so that leaves us in line with the previous year of neg 92m 

if you take madders in then surely that should deliver a loss nearer 60m ?

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Question

does that mean the three year rolling total falls away?  Or does the new measure simply deliver a figure calculated a new way and the three year rolling 105m max loss stays in place ?

AFAIK it means every year you have to be within the 70% figure. Not sure what leeway club's will get in the transition to that from the current rules. 

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

AFAIK it means every year you have to be within the 70% figure. Not sure what leeway club's will get in the transition to that from the current rules. 

So does the three year rolling number fall away ?

if so then you’re best to get as much rubbish as possible into one season and take the sanction ?

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So does the three year rolling number fall away ?

if so then you’re best to get as much rubbish as possible into one season and take the sanction ?

No idea unfortunately. They'll likely do whatever benefits teams like Chelsea and Man City. 

18 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I think the club now has loans with lenders other than moshiri 

Anyway, my point is that Everton could be in a way worse financial  position if they hadn’t been making efforts to meet psr over the past two seasons 

That is true but my point is, is the financial position bad when there is a sugar daddy ensuring the viability of the company.

Its a bit like saying a company owned by a billionaire losing 1 million a year is in financial danger when its a pet project and the 1 million is pocket money to the owner.

Thats a problem with FFP, its likely making certain financial situations seem like some sort of disaster when without FFP it would just be business as normal.

In a unhindered business world, many companies routinely make losses now days.

As an example I never felt Chelsea were at any kind of risk under Roman.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Question

Why cant they do the right thing, completely remove turnover from the financial rules.

Many other sports implement flat caps on spending successfully, but this sport is obsessed with "turnover".

7 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Why cant they do the right thing, completely remove turnover from the financial rules.

Many other sports implement flat caps on spending successfully, but this sport is obsessed with "turnover".

Turnover isn’t currently part of it 

will be from next season 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Turnover isn’t currently part of it 

will be from next season 

It always been a part of it.  Not only that, but by design for the benefit of the status quo.

Unless you think its possible to do things like % of turnover for wages or permitted losses without looking at income.  Every single variant of FFP they keep tinkering with does not change a key component, "club income".

So to clarify, I mean an FFP like other sports do that take's absolutely no account of income.  A FFP that allows Luton in the EPL to spend the same as Liverpool in the EPL.  (But it would work downwards not upwards, significantly cut the spending of the big clubs to levels that are reasonable for the entire division).

Edited by Chrysalis

13 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It seems we haven’t submitted them yet..

IMG_5649.jpeg

Foxes Trust understand Companies House website wasn't being updated over the Bank Holiday.

We'll see today I guess.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Foxes Trust understand Companies House website wasn't being updated over the Bank Holiday.

We'll see today I guess.

Yes, it’s possible we submitted them over the weekend but they haven’t been uploaded yet, and the website has just automatically updated to state that they’re overdue.

Edited by ClaphamFox

39 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes, it’s possible we submitted them over the weekend but they haven’t been uploaded yet, and the website has just automatically updated to state that they’re overdue.

It can take a week or so for companies house to scan and upload to their system 

I assume that the ‘accounts overdue’ on the website is automated and doesn’t reflect if they’ve been filed or not 

I have no idea if companies house have a system where accounts which might be seen to be in the public interest are uploaded more quickly 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It can take a week or so for companies house to scan and upload to their system 

I assume that the ‘accounts overdue’ on the website is automated and doesn’t reflect if they’ve been filed or not 

I have no idea if companies house have a system where accounts which might be seen to be in the public interest are uploaded more quickly 

Surely don't need to scan them? That would suggest they've been submitted in hard copy. A quick drag n drop or a couple of clicks on the mouse should do it. 

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Surely don't need to scan them? That would suggest they've been submitted in hard copy. A quick drag n drop or a couple of clicks on the mouse should do it. 

It's the civil service.

They probably print them, retype them on a special typewriter then scan them in.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Its Companies House - they do what they like. A lot of businesses have their year end in March which has coincided with the long bank holiday. It's likely we will be hearing about the detail before we see it on Companies house.

14 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I can tell you haven't worked with the government before.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Southampton posted massive losses for 22/23 of 94m after tax they have probably met PSR for the 3 year period, but very tight.

Screenshot_20240402_095236_Outlook.jpg

But that’s £94m total losses, right? 

so it’ll be less once you add in all the PSR ‘add backs’? 

18 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Southampton posted massive losses for 22/23 of 94m after tax they have probably met PSR for the 3 year period, but very tight.

Screenshot_20240402_095236_Outlook.jpg

They'll be OK for 23/24 as a result because they've booked a huge amount of sales in this year.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Leeds are surely also being looked at.

The Raphina and Phillips sales barely touch the sides of what they’ve lost over the past 4 years. 

Companies House is showing their accounts as overdue, too. It's probably safe to assume that clubs that have delayed submitting their accounts until the very last minute aren't going to be posting healthy numbers. 

Edited by ClaphamFox