Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

Companies House is still years behind the real world - if your filing isn't share capital related (which you can update online), they do still scan and upload which takes time and as has been pointed out does not happen over bank holidays.

I suspect Leeds have intentionally been very quiet on the whole FFP chat.  I can see them being in our position.

Edited by Benji
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Benji said:

Companies House is still years behind the real world - if your filing isn't share capital related (which you can update online), they do still scan and upload which takes time and as has been pointed out does not happen over bank holidays.

I suspect Leeds have intentionally been very quiet on the whole FFP chat.  I can see them being in our position.

Given how much sanctimonious moralising Leeds fans have been spouting about our issues with the PL and FPL, I might permit myself a wry smile if this is the case.

59 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

But that’s £94m total losses, right? 

so it’ll be less once you add in all the PSR ‘add backs’? 

Yes, you can roughly knock off around  15m-20m with add backs

Leeds in the transfer market alone are on -£196,000,000 for the last 4 seasons including this one. 

Us, by comparison in the same period are on +£21,000,000.

Leeds will be punished imminently. 

16 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Leeds in the transfer market alone are on -£196,000,000 for the last 4 seasons including this one. 

£40m per season amortisation, so not necessarily. All depends what their wage bill is like when they go back up. They have a lot of loaned out players that they will need to do something with. We'd struggle to sell such players but they probably didn't pay them what we pay ours.

• Like 1

I know it would hamper spending ability in the short term but shouldn't we be amortising transfer fees over a couple of years fewer than contract length for signings? Means when it gets to the point you need to start shifting players before they leave on a free that you can sell and positively impact psr calcs?

Just now, Number 6 said:

I know it would hamper spending ability in the short term but shouldn't we be amortising transfer fees over a couple of years fewer than contract length for signings? Means when it gets to the point you need to start shifting players before they leave on a free that you can sell and positively impact psr calcs?

Wonder if that conversation has cropped up in the Chelsea boardroom ……

24 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

when did they sell Philips?

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Wonder if that conversation has cropped up in the Chelsea boardroom ……

Unfortunately suspect they've got protection via shifting on academy products and can probably absorb a bad signing more easily than we can. Though I live in hope that they have lined themselves up for a complete mess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Companies House is showing their accounts as overdue, too. It's probably safe to assume that clubs that have delayed submitting their accounts until the very last minute aren't going to be posting healthy numbers. 

If Leeds had failed psr to end June 2023 then they would have been charged already 

there were no leaks that they didn’t supply their management accounts to the EFL last autumn (like us).  Their case would have been ahead of ours. 

• Like 2

I do wonder whether the club will make an announcement or if they will file the accounts with no public acknowledgement. When was the timing of last year’s announcement anyone remember?

Edit: just checked it was 07/03/23 when we announced the last financial statement

Edited by GingerrrFox

6 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

There was a comment made to the Leeds journo at the Athletic, that we're fine.  We would have been close to failing were it not for the sale of Luis Sinisterra but with that sale, we're fine.

Guess we'll know more in the coming days but nobody around the club seems at all concerned about it.

Edited by Pub breath

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

👀

I had a friend who this reminds me of, she used to say... 'OMG i have got something to tell you' and then follow it with 'actually i'm not allowed to say so you will have to wait and see'

Grrrrr.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I had a friend who this reminds me of, she used to say... 'OMG i have got something to tell you' and then follow it with 'actually i'm not allowed to say so you will have to wait and see'

Grrrrr.. 

Every time on OG Facebook lol 

• Haha 1