Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

So presume we now get to see the minutes from the meeting they all had at the end of last season? :ph34r:

Can't believe we told the EPL to fek off about that business plan. Damn right they should have been asking.

How apt that this is announced on the same day as Brighton bring in enormous profits, an example of a well run, competent football club who appoint and succession plan properly with standards.

There is no defending or justifying this at all, it is abysmal. Truly awful figures.

If we make it up, we're probably going to have to just tackle the deficit and accept we will probably go straight down again.

I think the best way to plan for future success from this position is to develop a young side, hopefully from the Premier League but probably from the Championship.

• Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

How apt that this is announced on the same day as Brighton bring in enormous profits, an example of a well run, competent football club who appoint and succession plan properly with standards.

There is no defending or justifying this at all, it is abysmal. Truly awful figures.

Selling Cucurella for 60 mil and Caicedo for 100 mil is almost cheating. Its witchcraft. 

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Admittance of breaking the rules - does the left hand know what the right is doing? 

The legal process is likely to just be a shot in the dark to try and gain some leverage I imagine. 

It will likely be more money wasted I mean it looks like we’re experts in flushing money down the drain. 

So only the sales of Harvey and Chestnuts in the current accounting period. Say we got £45 million for the pair. We spent about £30 million last summer. Including £8 million on a fourth choice striker.

Bonkers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

What do you mean? Brighton aren’t paying random Belgian footballers £120k a week? Fools they are. 

Just now, robbieLOVESthealmightylcfc said:

So sorry just to get this news straight -

We've had 295 million lost over 3 years? And the max allowed is 105?

And in terms of punishment, forest got 4 points deducted for like 30 odd mill over the limit...?

No not quite as easy as that. Financial loss of £295m and permitted FFP loss of £105m. 

It’s probably more like £80m overspend on FFP

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

I’m NO fan but we shouldn’t have sacked him when we did till the end of the season. He was more likely to keep us up than the shower of shit we hired to do so ridiculously late in the day. As an owner and not a fan I’d have pulled the trigger 8-10 weeks before.

I think you are right he wouldn't have wanted a relegation on his cv surely, we left it well to late.

• Like 1

The chances are aswell without a major fire sale this summer, we don’t comply again - by some distance as it stands as well 

This is going to take years to recover from. Not just physically but mentally too- do you have confidence in us being well run under this ownership?

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Admittance of breaking the rules - does the left hand know what the right is doing? 

CEO to audior - we are fine

CFO to auditor - we are fine

General Counsel - I’m not getting struck off for this, we are ****ed mate

• Haha 3

Just now, Corky said:

well from the looks of it, they have Tony Bloom, and his business behind them, which has proven to be a massive success in regards to profits etc; and getting Brighton into a very good footballing position

looking back we was sort of in that stage I'd say until the 2 yr of Rodgers being in charge and then it all flipped on its head, we wasnt bringing in younger/hungry players to sell on for profit like we had done before

its frankly piss poor from Rudkin, Whelan and Top. 

Just now, Corky said:

This is going to take years to recover from. Not just physically but mentally too- do you have confidence in us being well run under this ownership?

No hence why I’ve joined the foxes trust last week. Time to start getting louder 

The chances are aswell without a major fire sale this summer, we don’t comply again - by some distance as it stands as well 

Just now, Harpenden Fox said:

So only the sales of Harvey and Chestnuts in the current accounting period. Say we got £45 million for the pair. We spent about £30 million last summer. Including £8 million on a fourth choice striker.

Bonkers. 

Mads -6

Mavididi - 6

Coady - 8

Winks - 10

Cannon - 8

Any others?

Assume we've paid some kind of fee for Doyle, Casadei, Yunus and Fatawu as well.

Staggering. 

I appreciate we were chasing the dream but there has to come some point where you're losing over £1m a week where you have to say this isn't working and we need to cut costs, form a new strategy and operate under a new model. 

Incredible incompetence. 

The only yellow card from me is to this board 

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Selling Cucurella for 60 mil and Caicedo for 100 mil is almost cheating. Its witchcraft. 

We sold Maddison for £40m, Tielemens for £25m, Fofana for £70m, Harvey Barnes for £40m off the top of my head just in the last 2 years as well!

1 minute ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Staggering. 

I appreciate we were chasing the dream but there has to come some point where you're losing over £1m a week where you have to say this isn't working and we need to cut costs, form a new strategy and operate under a new model. 

Incredible incompetence. 

The only yellow card from me is to this board 

The horse had bolted though, the players were on long fat juicy salaries 

That’s probably why Rodger’s was told no funds after forest fa cup

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

Just now, StonyFox said:

How does this compare to Everton and forest for context? Are we looking at a 30 point deduction if we go up??

Pretty sure the idea behind FFP is to prevent clubs going into administration, and therefore the punishment doesn't exceed the 10 points docked for that?

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

No not quite as easy as that. Financial loss of £295m and permitted FFP loss of £105m. 

It’s probably more like £80m overspend on FFP

I'll be thick here.

SURELY people running the club, I.e CFO and his team would KNOW the rules to all this?

Do the club REALLY think they have done nothing wrong?

How can £80m swing in the wrong direction be sanctioned by people at the club?

Sorry, I know I'm being thick but I just cant get my head around it all?