Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

Percy is sayoing our losses are £215m over 3 years.

However, these latest figures will trigger concerns over the club’s ability to comply with regulations over this financial year and the next one. The total losses over the past three years total £215.3 million.

Just now, Raj said:

I'll be thick here.

SURELY people running the club, I.e CFO and his team would KNOW the rules to all this?

Do the club REALLY think they have done nothing wrong?

How can £80m swing in the wrong direction be sanctioned by people at the club?

Sorry, I know I'm being thick but I just cant get my head around it all?

Yeah mind blowing isn’t it? 

Just now, Raj said:

I'll be thick here.

SURELY people running the club, I.e CFO and his team would KNOW the rules to all this?

Do the club REALLY think they have done nothing wrong?

How can £80m swing in the wrong direction be sanctioned by people at the club?

Sorry, I know I'm being thick but I just cant get my head around it all?

They expected to sell players in the final year in the prem and not be relegated, obviously the dire position in jan meant they would take a punt and keep players that might have gone if we wasn’t struggling.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

you’re been paying the cows 90k per week and in return they’ve been milking p*ss for you

The farmer  kept setting things on fire but the owner of the farm decided it would be worse to let him go. 

The farms owner decided to not buy anymore cows and hoped the farmer would stop setting things on fire 

The farmer started more fires, killed some of the cows and then demanded the owner of the farm bought him some pigs.

The new pigs arrived and started producing milk but then some little pigs got bullied by cows. The pigs accepted that they should probably just milk p*ss as well.

The owner finally reaslised the farmer wasn’t going to stop burning his crops so replaced him with builder. The builder did not know how to farm. 

The owner of the farm got annoyed that the people in the village moaned at him about all the smoke and p*ssy milk. The owner of the farm cried in the local paper then forgot about it and spent the next year taking engagement photos. 

Who knew the atmosphere between pigs and cows could be so tense

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

Would we have even fallen in line if we'd have won the league last year? Hypothetically.

Yes because European money. We basically set ourselves up as a champions league club with nowhere near enough income to fund it. 

Edited by Lionator

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

If we make it up, we're probably going to have to just tackle the deficit and accept we will probably go straight down again.

I think the best way to plan for future success from this position is to develop a young side, hopefully from the Premier League but probably from the Championship.

The training facility is a great concept (although i'm starting to worry an exceptionally flawed one), but do those kids want to trust a club like ours with their futures anymore, when one of the big-uns come calling? Be even worse when we are firmly rooted to Championship football for the foreseeable (or worse).  The next Barnes', KDH, Alves and Brakebrookes of this world aren't going to commit to us are they.

Its time for Top to go.  This has been caused by him employing Rodgers and handing far too much power to the bloke who didn't give a stuff about the club, but only his own image, and proceeded to buy as if we were a top 6 club in funding (but without buying the good players part). The 'yes' people Top employed around him didn't have the balls to stand up for what was right, so banked they would continue to take their Salaries and kick this can down the road.  A poor culture all round, and one that hasn't generated success.  The fabric of what we are is now in danger of being ripped up.

Truth be told, i never wanted Rodgers, Congerton, Perez, Bertrand, Daka, Soumare, Jannik and all the other over priced sh1te that came with this. The wages that formed part of this downfall weren't worth it.

Sad, sad times.

2 minutes ago, Foxontherocks said:

Pretty sure the idea behind FFP is to prevent clubs going into administration, and therefore the punishment doesn't exceed the 10 points docked for that?

Fingers crossed! I remember Kieran Maguire talking about Everton on his podcast last week and it sounded like they had 3 points for breaching and then 2 points for every 5m over (or something like that). If it's a maximum of 10 points that would be much better than what I was fearing. 

6 minutes ago, benpicko said:

We sold Maddison for £40m, Tielemens for £25m, Fofana for £70m, Harvey Barnes for £40m off the top of my head just in the last 2 years as well!

Lolz - Tielemens was the biggest bosman loss of them all (next to Cags). Would love to have actually got something for him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Given this news, it is hilarious that we were contemplating taking legal action against Everton for breaching PSR when they first got their points deduction. 

I dont think we are?

What annoys me is we were so incompetent that we lost all this money, had this wage bill but STILL got relegated.

Everton took the mick with the rules but at least they made it count. They got Dyche in mid season and stayed up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

And they still wanted to pay Jack Harrison £100k a week………….

(Allegedly)

We literally are taking the piss aren’t we lollollol 

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Yes because European money. We basically set ourselves up as a champions league club with nowhere near enough income to fund it. 

Just without the good players.....

15 minutes ago, Bryn said:

If we make it up, we're probably going to have to just tackle the deficit and accept we will probably go straight down again.

I think the best way to plan for future success from this position is to develop a young side, hopefully from the Premier League but probably from the Championship.

We were close to going under in 02/03 but got promoted. Couldn't compete in the PL 03/04 but the money helped the club.

Get promoted, lick our wounds next season, get costs down and our costs under control. The rules will end up changing at some point anyway.

These figures are horrific! Heads must roll for this. How on earth have we then decided to buy Coady and cannon who we have barely used this season after posting such horrendous losses? We deserve any points penalty we get. Really hope we learn from this and have a big clear out in the summer and get the wages down, even if it means some unpopular decisions. 

“Wages up which suggests few relegation avoidance clauses in contracts.” 

Is this bit for real?!!? We had no clauses in massive contracts to reduce wages if relegated? That’s incompetent in the extreme. Absolute basics. Hope I’m reading that wrong else this year is going to be even worse.

17 minutes ago, robbieLOVESthealmightylcfc said:

Sorry just to get this news straight -

We've had 295 million lost over 3 years? And the max allowed is 105?

And in terms of punishment, forest got 4 points deducted for like 30 odd mill over the limit...?

Even Derby will cheering us on for promotion as we'll break all their records.