Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

8 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

20/21 35mil losses

21/22 95mil losses

22/23 90mil losses

you think its all suddenly going to change cos he isnt here.....still feeling the after effect of the club approving the garbage brought in

Rudkin loved the man

So... Next season we will breach again as the 20/21 accounts are forgotten about. But £185 million plus this season will be beyond the allowed amount. 

If we are promoted we start on say -10, as our breach is bigger than Everton's and Forest's. And we will have another points deduction later on in the season, perhaps another -10. We could finish the season on minus points! 

Then the following season in the Championship we scrub of the £95 million but still start on £90 million losses on top of the losses for the previous two seasons (one includes this season which can't be pretty). 

We might as well just keep spending. What's the incentive to stop! We can't meet FFP in the next 2-3 seasons. So why bother trying. 

Or anyone fancy joining us in a Super League! 

To end on a serious thought if the Premier League doesn't do away with FFP I can see the majority of the 20 clubs in it breaking away. If Man City, Everton, Forest, us and the other teams reported to be close to breaching or breaching is true why not create a new Premier League without financial regulation. 

• Like 2

If we go up I can see us getting around 20 points deducted, if we stay in the Championship I can see probably a 6-10 points with a transfer embargo.

No real workings to that, just a finger in the air.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Do you think that sacking Rodgers terminated all the massive contracts he handed out whilst he was there?

no clearly I don't. The bloke in charge of those contracts is still here though.

1 minute ago, Product of 84 said:

So... Next season we will breach again as the 20/21 accounts are forgotten about. But £185 million plus this season will be beyond the allowed amount. 

If we are promoted we start on say -10, as our breach is bigger than Everton's and Forest's. And we will have another points deduction later on in the season, perhaps another -10. We could finish the season on minus points! 

Then the following season in the Championship we scrub of the £95 million but still start on £90 million losses on top of the losses for the previous two seasons (one includes this season which can't be pretty). 

We might as well just keep spending. What's the incentive to stop! We can't meet FFP in the next 2-3 seasons. So why bother trying. 

Or anyone fancy joining us in a Super League! 

To end on a serious thought if the Premier League doesn't do away with FFP I can see the majority of the 20 clubs in it breaking away. If Man City, Everton, Forest, us and the other teams reported to be close to breaching or breaching is true why not create a new Premier League without financial regulation. 

Plus this years losses are only 17.5 allowed 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

no clearly I don't. The bloke in charge of those contracts is still here though.

And his bosses who either gave him (and Rodgers) cart blanche to sign those contract, or were complicit in knowingly signing off the costs.

Edited by Chelmofox

4 minutes ago, LVFox said:

If we go up I can see us getting around 20 points deducted, if we stay in the Championship I can see probably a 6-10 points with a transfer embargo.

No real workings to that, just a finger in the air.

We’re not getting 20 points deducted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Exactly this! People need to remember that the rules state that there's only a 9 points deduction in place for going into liquidation. That's why Everton got four points back on appeal and Forest got a four point deduction instead of the PL's desired eight. Personally I think we'll get five or six.

4 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Exactly this! People need to remember that the rules state that there's only a 9 points deduction in place for going into liquidation. That's why Everton got four points back on appeal and Forest got a four point deduction instead of the PL's desired eight. Personally I think we'll get five or six.

Administration.

If the club is liquidated then its gone, no more, busted.

1 minute ago, woody01530 said:

Administration.

If the club is liquidated then its gone, no more, busted.

Insolvency apparently. 

No way we're getting double figures or anything close to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

you’re been paying the cows 90k per week and in return they’ve been milking p*ss for you

The farmer  kept setting things on fire but the owner of the farm decided it would be worse to let him go. 

The farms owner decided to not buy anymore cows and hoped the farmer would stop setting things on fire 

The farmer started more fires, killed some of the cows and then demanded the owner of the farm bought him some pigs.

The new pigs arrived and started producing milk but then some little pigs got bullied by cows. The pigs accepted that they should probably just milk p*ss as well.

The owner finally realised the farmer wasn’t going to stop burning his crops so replaced him with builder. The builder did not know how to farm. 

The owner of the farm got annoyed that the people in the village moaned at him about all the smoke and p*ssy milk. The owner of the farm cried in the local paper then forgot about it and spent the next year taking engagement photos. 

This isn't even inaccurate. It's once in a generation level of incompetence. If they did a film on it it would be derided for being too unrealistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

This is going to take years to recover from. Not just physically but mentally too- do you have confidence in us being well run under this ownership?

I could almost embrace the battle if I had any faith in them. But it's just going to be the same people until they're physically forced out I think.

The fans need to make this genuinely uncomfortable for them. But what hope have you got with our fans. This place is largely an echo chamber.

They have got to go. They are Chansiri bad. Make no mistake. Chansiri just never inherited a solid PL club.

Talking to a West Ham mate of mine, he's under the impression that Everton got points back(3) because they cooperated with the PL. 

We've gone against the PL and EFL so likely to lose a minimum of 3 plus what ever gets added on. 

I haven't fact checked this myself but just repeating what was said. Anyone know if it's true/along the right lines?

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Talking to a West Ham mate of mine, he's under the impression that Everton got points back(3) because they cooperated with the PL. 

We've gone against the PL and EFL so likely to lose a minimum of 3 plus what ever gets added on. 

I haven't fact checked this myself but just repeating what was said. Anyone know if it's true/along the right lines?

The cooperation angle does seem to come up a lot of the time and favoured Everton. 

I reckon we get -10 for the severity and lack to cooperation. 

41 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I've had a cup of tea, calmed down a little...and retract my 20 point prediction.

I've completely flipped and I'm now convinced we stay up after a 8 point deduction.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He's left and we're still ****ed so how do you explain that?

Rodgers did what he did within the confines of the shitshow of the club. Rodgers was inept, Rudkin is inept, Whelan is likely inept, but who is letting their ineptness plough us into the mire?

Top OUT.

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I would suspect you aren’t fine but like you said, we’ll see. 

Leeds have largely kept operating costs well under control and also posted (from memory) the 8th highest commercial revenue figures in the PL last season.  The transfer spending has been funded by a combination of a huge uptick in revenue from championship to PL and allowable losses.

The simple measure of net spend on transfers won't tell you a whole lot.  We never got too carried away with wages which is often what cripples clubs who fail PSR.

• Like 1