Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

13 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Can anybody say without a doubt, we aren't getting a points deduction this season?

There's going to be a massive push from now for us to be punished this season, and some saying that it is within the realms of possibility for this to happen, think we need to brace ourselves.

Say we miss out on sporting merit of top 2, is a 20 point penalty any harm then this season?

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

Say we miss out on sporting merit of top 2, is a 20 point penalty any harm then this season?

That's exactly what we should do. IF we miss out on promotion, tell the EFL we will happily take 20 point penalty now, heck, make it 25! We have been naughty after all and you need to make a statement! :thumbup:

If they don't go for it, sue them and take down the whole of the EFL :devil:

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Wasn't that what the lawyers sorted out the other week when they made the EFL admit we weren't under their governance and didn't need a business plan? Effectively all they could then do was put us under an embargo, it was the only punishment left open to them. The lawsuits against them last week basically ensure that the proceedings will go to some sort of tribunal and nothing can now happen until those hearings take place after the summer.

Everyone knew we'd post a loss. The scale of it is the surprise but relegation and loss of revenue would have made a minus figure inevitable. The thing we have to look out for is the double whammy. If we go up and get a deduction we then go back down and the EFL hit us in two seasons time.

the thought is these proceedings are being speeded up, i saw 28 days being mentioned

4 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

if they deduct us points, they aren't gonna allow us into the play-offs thats for sure

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

That's exactly what we should do. IF we miss out on promotion, tell the EFL we will happily take 20 point penalty now, heck, make it 25! We have been naughty after all and you need to make a statement! :thumbup:

If they don't go for it, sue them and take down the whole of the EFL :devil:

you wouldn't want a go at the play-offs?

We can’t have two deductions this season people - this financial year doesn’t end till 30 June 

and there isn’t time for a hearing, result and an appeal before may 4th 

and they wouldn’t allow us to take a points deduction once we knew how we stood after 46 games !

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

if they deduct us points, they aren't gonna allow us into the play-offs thats for sure

Why not? Are they going to deduct 30 points or something? How much can they actually deduct 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We can’t have two deductions this season people - this financial year doesn’t end till 30 June 

and there isn’t time for a hearing, result and an appeal before may 4th 

and they wouldn’t allow us to take a points deduction once we knew how we stood after 46 games !

Fair, so you don't get promoted EFL we weren't part of your league that season. We do get promoted EPL what's the fine/points total we take it

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Why not? Are they going to deduct 30 points or something? How much can they actually deduct 

No precedent for it, so who knows. They won’t hit us with that for this season hopefully, if we bounce straight back up. 

11 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

the thought is these proceedings are being speeded up, i saw 28 days being mentioned

The ones against the EFL and PL? Nope. Mentioned by several outlets already that - unlike Forest and Everton - we're still working by the timescales of the original PSR hearings that took Everton months to get a hearing and 4 months more for an appeal. Forest's 4 point deduction was dealt with quicker because that was under the newer set of rules brought in at the end of last season to ensure pts deductions were given within the same season.

Even if they did speed it up, the season barely has a month left and we would be sure to appeal meaning the play offs would be massively disrupted.

1 minute ago, Sly said:

No precedent for it, so who knows. They won’t hit us with that for this season hopefully, if we bounce straight back up. 

So this is the precedent hit us hard, the EFL and EPL would surely have already ran 2 scenarios depending on what division we are in next season. If they hit us too hard tho, I don't think it does the wider football business much good. May as well have your European super league, if they smash us hard.

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

So this is the precedent hit us hard, the EFL and EPL would surely have already ran 2 scenarios depending on what division we are in next season. If they hit us too hard tho, I don't think it does the wider football business much good. May as well have your European super league, if they smash us hard.

This could go many, many ways from here. 

It’s all fart and no s*** - We end up paying a fine and getting earache from other clubs for years to come.

A bit of follow through - We get a points deduction next season, in the region of 6 to 10 points. We’d need to be bloody good to survive. Likely case we’ll have a worse squad on paper due to have to flog people to comply when we come back down again. 

The squirts getting passed around - FFP starts to impact other clubs, lowering overall transfer fees and some come off worse or better than others. We went first so have no real antidote / medicine, so fumble through and just about survive, albeit in worse shape.

Norovirus - We feel really rough for a while and we struggle to get back on our feet. Other clubs suffer as well, albeit not to the level we have. We end up YoYoing then settling in the Championship for years to come. 

Full on pandemic - Break off leagues, Phoenix clubs, fire sales, scrapping of FFP, 

10 point deduction and a transfer embargo is the sort of punishment I’d expect.

if I was the EFL I’d aim to basically keep us in the championship while we get our finances in order.

if we know a transfer embargo is coming, we’ll get our transfer incomings done early, 

1 minute ago, Finn Claw II said:

if I was the EFL I’d aim to basically keep us in the championship while we get our finances in order.

if we know a transfer embargo is coming, we’ll get our transfer incomings done early, 

Ah something might actually happen one summer before July, surely not?

Im surprised that we put out such a robust statement when charged last week given the latest figures. It will be interesting to see our defence/mitigation to the position advanced by the PL and EFL 

46 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

Absolutely hate this phrase in relation to us, it implies that we're in actual trouble and are facing financial oblivion.

We're not a poor club.

We're not in the red.

We don't have a despotic owner trying to sell the stadium back to himself or change the shirt colour.

We have an owner who is extremely wealthy and very ambitious, and who has a decade and a half of actual success to prove it he's capable of achieving things like winning trophies.

We've even deliberately harmed our own ability to compete on the pitch by doing as much as possible to keep within these rules.

Rules that will only affect clubs outside of the top 6, as is happening now.

This absolute farce cannot go on any longer.

57 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

20 points is very much on the cards ! 

New premier league record!

(Cant wait to see what happens to Chelsea and man city)

Chelsea and Man City may be the exact reason we don't get anywhere near 20 points. 

The PL will know very well that setting the punishment too high for us, will undoubtedly lead to Chelski and Man City being hit harder.

They won't want to hit two of their biggest assets that hard. I expect we will get a 9 point penalty and may even have it reduced to 6 points on appeal.  

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

We are basically everything we hate about the greedy 6, if we stay in the championship just the championship version.

Yes, in a nutshell we are. The EFL will want ti

make an example of us, like the EPL tried with Man City. That’s still dragging on.