Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

I don't disagree with leeds however,  if they were in our shoes they would be doing the exact same thing with trying to delay so they dont have to face deductions this season.

No football team has that much integrity to say "please, deduct me points now for i have been naughty". 

Sounds kinky  lol

On 04/04/2024 at 12:17, stu said:

Great so no points deductions, yes we overspent on Rubbish and it got us nowhere lump us in on the luxury tax with Chelsea and Man utd, who have done the same but due to them being more global brands can get away with it more.

21 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Leeds United leading a “charge” based on integrity and ethics ?

:crylaugh:**** off.

The club that went from a champions league semi final to mid championship in about 3-4 years due to overspending, fair enough take the moral highground gentleman.

I know there’s the complication of PL vs EFL jurisdictions, but if we breached last season, shouldn’t we get a points deduction this season? 

just like Forest and Everton did this season for breaches last season? 

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I know there’s the complication of PL vs EFL jurisdictions, but if we breached last season, shouldn’t we get a points deduction this season? 

I'd happily take a points deduction in the EPL from last season this season and our points deduction for the EFL from this season next season... assuming we get promoted.

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Why do you think we fought to keep our accounts secret for so long, so there isn't long enough to punish us this season.

9 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We wasn’t in the Premier League when they changed the rules to punish clubs sooner. 

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Everton should find out tomorrow. 

Will give us another insight into what to expect

I’m hearing 2 points and 2 transfers window embargo.

Not from any trusted source, just from what an Everton fan has told me.

I’m not sure that’s right as I don’t believe transfer embargo’s are sanctions that the Premier League hand out?

58 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m not sure that’s right as I don’t believe transfer embargo’s are sanctions that the Premier League hand out?

That will be a disaster for us if they start dishing out transfer embargos.

1 minute ago, adam said:

That will be a disaster for us if they start dishing out transfer embargos.

At least Rudkin won't have the option to have a couple more disastrous windows

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

The issue of overlapping periods is an interesting one. We’re clearly heading for some kind of points deduction for the 2020-23 period. But if we’re also heading for a breach for 2021-24, how much of an additional sanction will there be given the two-year overlap? Added to which, there is no precedent for a promoted team getting a points deduction in the PL for a breach committed in the Championship (they’ve always just been fined in the past). It just makes me wonder whether, if we get promoted, the the club might decide it isn’t worth trying to comply this year because a fire sale of key players would do us more harm than any likely punishment we’re likely to get for failing to comply this season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

The issue of overlapping periods is an interesting one. We’re clearly heading for some kind of points deduction for the 2020-23 period. But if we’re also heading for a breach for 2021-24, how much of an additional sanction will there be given the two-year overlap? Added to which, there is no precedent for a promoted team getting a points deduction in the PL for a breach committed in the Championship (they’ve always just been fined in the past). It just makes me wonder whether, if we get promoted, the the club might decide it isn’t worth trying to comply this year because a fire sale of key players would do us more harm than any likely punishment we’re likely to get for failing to comply this season. 

Well, we’ve clearly got to improve the team.

If we’re in a position where we have a transfer embargo and can’t improve by bringing players in they leave us with no choice but hold on to what we have and not sell.

They can’t back us into a corner saying “You must sell” on one hand but say we can’t replace them on the other.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well, we’ve clearly got to improve the team.

If we’re in a position where we have a transfer embargo and can’t improve by bringing players in they leave us with no choice but hold on to what we have and not sell.

We won’t get a transfer embargo for the 2020-23 breach if we go up.

On 06/04/2024 at 02:32, CosbehFox said:

No proper source on that article and they aren’t a reputable source 

Complete non-story. Just people looking for new crap to be upset about.